Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Father/son argument over hedgehog... You know what. gently caress it.. Florida.txt.

Edit:

Reality is a loving Onion story.

https://twitter.com/RD_Mullin/status/892497068295462913

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Gobbeldygook posted:

Florida is the third most populated state after California and Texas and has a population equivalent to Finland, Norway, and Sweden combined. Florida's open records law also makes it easy for journalists to find weirdness.

It's this.

Also, Florida is a swamp so it has to import most of the things you need to function economically.

Including people.

Since most people don't want to live in a hot, humid swamp, you get either the desperate or stupid. Florida imports its terrible and is very, very good at it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Polling break!

Donnie's polls are now at their lowest so far of the presidency, per 538 and others. His worst legit poll, Quinnipiac, now has his approval rating at 33%.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2476

Not just Q.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/892802882336165890

Edit:

:lol:.... Rasmussen's polling has him crashing. :lol:

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 2, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Lets be honest. The entire thing is a gold mine.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

So why did he sign it, then.

Because he couldn't block it.

Congress isn't going into an actual recess. Something they decided in January because they don't want Trump making recess appointments (its the same rule they used to stop Obama from making appointments). So if he doesn't sign it, it becomes law anyway on August 8th. If they went into an actual recess then it dies under pocket veto laws. If they are in session then the President has 10 days minus Sundays or it automatically becomes law. He signed it now to just take the poo poo storm while there are enough problems to minimize the impact. This would dominate headlines for a week normally. But at the moment its a page 2 story in the states.

TBeats posted:

the two party system needs to die but i don't know how to kill it or if it would create a post-Iraq invasion power vacuum and birth the government version of ISIS or some poo poo

The only way to kill a two party system is to have one of the parties to melt down into waring factions. We almost had it happen with the Republicans when the Tea Party showed up. But Michale Steele and Reince Priebus caved to some of the less stupid ideas to bring them back under the umbrella and then watched as anyone with a spine caved more.

The Democrats on the other hand are going to shoot themselves in the face. Which will cause multiple groups to rise up and tell them to get hosed.

So its in the process of happening. Watch for waves of independents running on fiscally conservative/socially liberal policies, causing the DNC to bitch about Bernie Bros ruining their chances of winning because they are loving retarded and can't understand that its not the Progressives that are torpedoing most their seats.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Gobbeldygook posted:

The fiscally conservative/socially liberal/mentally retarded/ are that big empty square in the lower-right. Source.

You mean no one voted for a candidate that didn't exist? YOU DON'T SAY!

Someone campaigning that Washington is spending too much money on dumb poo poo and not giving the people things we need like decent health care is going to be very popular. Especially after the shitfest that was 2016.

Using the 2016 campaign as proof of anything other than "this is what happens when you make people choose between a punch in the face or a kick to the groin" is dumb.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Gobbeldygook posted:

Two black vets snapped and went cop hunting. I don't think any vets have really tried to rack up a civilian body count - yet.

How many wars back are we talking? Because we just passed the anniversary of the last time a university in Texas made any worthwhile news.

17:1 is a pretty solid score.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Vasudus posted:

In military health consulting it's about 80/20 in favor of women. It's like bizarro world. It's pretty cool though.

Medical and support fields for medical are notoriously woman heavy outside of Doctors.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Just a reminder. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the Nagasaki bombing.

Maybe North Korea is planning a celebration.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Save us diamond joe

Trying to figure out if you are worried about nukes or a Dolphins fan.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Godholio posted:

How many ICBMs under North Korean control is ok with you?

To be fair. It doesn't matter how many you have. Its how many you can launch before your sites are erased and how many of those hit anything of value.

I wouldn't want to test either. But that is something to consider.

Also. Maddow bringing up Flynn's 2013 scare job that put us through the same scare, reminding us that this entire poo poo storm may not be true. Making solid points.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Huh...

https://twitter.com/PACAF/status/895062493361340416

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Is Seoul a target of value? Kadina? Yokuska? Tokyo?

We keep moving the goal posts, years ago North Korea revealed their capability with nuclear weapons, they're now showing that they can threaten the mainland US with them. Regionally they've been a credible threat for years.

Just because something is in range doesn't mean you will hit it. Detonates in launch sequence/ burns up in reentry/someone can't aim for poo poo and it lands in the middle of the Pacific/hits Oakland.

Like I said, how many of them take out something of value.

I'm not saying this isn't bad. It is. I'm just offering up some optimism that, just maybe, Kim Jong Dinglefuck and Cheeto Mussolini might not wipe out an 8th of the known world.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Assuming of course we even have elections in 2020 instead of "elections".

This is not a concern.

Remember. Congress can remove the President and Trump has.. What.. 33% support? Donnie Dumbass keeps loving around and we will have Mike Pence as the 46th President well before 2020.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

crazyivan45 posted:

Can a president unilaterally order a nuclear strike or is there a two-man rule in place? IE: Trump gets mad at lil Kim, decides to cleanse Pyongyang, can he just ask for the football and launch? Or does he have to get someone else in his cabinet to agree as well? If so, whats to stop him from just going down the list until he gets a yes?

If I remember correctly, its technically his call. But lets get real, there are enough adults in the administration and DoD that he can scream all he wants, they aren't launching poo poo unless US personnel or property is hit first.

To be honest. I really don't think this is anything worth making GBS threads ourselves over. Kim Jong whatthefuckeveroneweareonnow is just doing the same saber rattling North Korea has been doing since the 50s and now we have an idiot who is yelling back. No one is going to do anything that causes actual war*.

* - Subject to change.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Woof Blitzer posted:

I need some hot takes right now!

I have a bunch. But the Secret Service told me to knock it the gently caress off the last time I got REAL MAD and started internet posting.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

That moment when Mike loving Huckabee is less of a piece of poo poo than you.....

4 for 4:

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/896458423969230851

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

In other news... If you had Ric Flair in the dead pool you might be a winner.

https://twitter.com/lindacohn/status/897166064282472448

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Scrolling through the replies....

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 15, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

In other news...

Tay-Tay won her $1 lawsuit against the DJ who groped her.

Motherfucker is going to have to shell out thousands of lawyer fees over a dollar and its glorious.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The whole "antifa is worse than Nazis" thing comes largely from Eastern Europe where a handful of terrorist groups claim to be part of the antifa community. Back in I believe the 40s all the way through the collapse of the Soviet Union they were the IRA of their areas, only they didn't care who they killed and went after anyone who didn't agree with their methods. Its not much of a thing anymore but some of the groups supposedly still exist and hide in the European antifa community.

Anyone using it in the states is legit retarded. Because literally no antifa groups here have the stomach for violence that the black flag terror groups in East Europe used to earn that badge.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

You seriously think people stateside have that historical consideration? Antifa wasn't even a phrase here until this last year. "Antifa" is a catch-all term for conservative pundits looking to paint any kind of liberal gathering/protest as a violent protest ("so much for the tolerant left!"). Think of how BLM has been demonized and repurposed, just for white people.

What part of :

Genocide Tendency posted:

Anyone using it in the states is legit retarded. Because literally no antifa groups here have the stomach for violence that the black flag terror groups in East Europe used to earn that badge.

Did you not understand.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

The part where you think historical context and origin of antifa has any relevance to its contemporary use here in the states.

Edit: regarding its use by right wing media I should say

Again.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Try reading.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

Really loving this strong reaction to making GBS threads on nazis now even if some of it is a bit bandwagon-y.

The rest of society is realizing that these small but excessively vocal groups need to be forced back into their little holes. The only way you do that is through violence and destroying their false idols.

It's less bandwagon, more "holy poo poo these idiots are actually serious, we need to do something". Society originally was going to treat them like a screaming two year old and just wait for them to pass out. But that's not working and it's time to muzzle them.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Apparently I need to start watching Trump press conferences again.

Was it really that bad?

Because Twitter and this thread is going ape poo poo.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Nope.

Not worth the secret service visit.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Tremblay posted:

No, the part in bold is how you drive even more extreme reactions. Discredit, and disrupt these idiots. If and when the fuckers commit crimes prosecute the poo poo out of them.

You do understand who our AG is right?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Waroduce posted:

no knocks with flashbangs?

Probably not.

Edit:

ASAPI posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a really last night in Boston? Anything happen with that?

I would love to see coverage of hordes attacking Nazis in a major city.

Nope. Or at least if it was they canceled it because they just applied for a permit according to the Mayor/spokesman who was just on MTP.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Just a reminder, today is National Relaxation Day.

https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/897519878084608000

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

In case you were wondering...

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/897587190317948928

I kinda think someone needs to make sure there is a friend around tonight so he doesn't wind up a statistic..

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

So 7 months in, is this Trump's worst week thus far?

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/897554178645647360

But its only Tuesday. So... Subject to change.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Scaramucci was fired two weeks ago

Who?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Weak.. Check out the White House to congress:

https://twitter.com/mollyesque/status/897612967545634817

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

we should have a gun thread.

not a thread where we talk about gun control, just a thread where we talk about cool guns. i don't go into TFR so...

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

There is a lot of info missing.

His role may have concluded. He may have been recalled for something. They may have found information that put him in a conflict of interest quagmire. They may have decided he wasn't up to the job. He could have had a family or personal issue that required time and he couldn't effectively retain the position in the investigation.

Its a rush to dump a headline instead of actually trying to find out what happened and publish the facts.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

Instead of tearing down we could just make them more accurate

No.

We tear them down.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Update in. Per MSNBC:

13 dead, 50 injured and the aftermath footage is pretty bad.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ded posted:

YOU CRAZY TAIWAN IS PART OF CHINA!

Well... Depending on who you ask.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I would completely believe trump had sex with ivanka when she was under age.

Guess what: he would still bottom out at low 30s/high 20s approval.

Rick Wilson talked about the polls and the way they work that the lowest floor possible for any president was in the low 20s. Like. No matter what they do, any president will always have 1/5th of the country's support.

He also went on to explain that the over all poll is less important than the party poll. Which still has Trump north of 75%. Once that starts to free fall, then a President becomes a liability and needs to be jettisoned.

Which means unless House and Senate republicans suddenly grow a moral compass, even a tape of him loving his under age daughter won't matter. Because he isn't going below 75% regardless of what he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Though to be clear, 75% is still pretty piss poor for a party poll.

Which is why its the threshold for getting rid of him. He could be at 20% in an over all poll, it won't matter if he is still above 80 in the party.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So apparently Spainish police just stopped a second attack according to the BBC.

MSNBC had a break-in at the end of Hardball/start of All In talking about it. Police are saying they killed both suspects.

• Locked thread