Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Someone grab that oompa loompa horse and drag it behind a shed for its beating to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Prop Wash posted:

pro-click for anyone that didn't already read, also contains this masterpiece of saying absolutely nothing

:psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBAOdmQfUo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TBeats posted:

How does a shutdown affect VA benefits? Maybe I should put off buying a car for a few months to make sure I can make rent through the end of the year.

VA funds a year out. You're fine unless it lasts longer than that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TBeats posted:

What's the longest the government has ever been shut down? I could see a shutdown with this administration going on for a hilarious-and-then-tragic long time.

Three weeks-ish under Clinton, I think.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's incentive not to gently caress up veteran benefits. Pissing off a population of mostly armed, retarded and crazy people won't end well for anyone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

FastestGunAlive posted:

Think of all the Facebook opinion videos they'll record while sitting in their car

Home videos with less than 5 views.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
At least Hilldog got to clear her mind with a walk in the woods.

I wouldn't be surprised if a vet went ventilating craniums after their checks stop for whatever reason. Theirs or others.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

crazy vets would just shoot up a VA clinic, not anything relevant to the people pushing that legislation

I know. :(

Whoops, stoned advocacy of that probably isn't a great idea.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 4, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They're just as likely to be Trumpets if they weren't veterans. Billy Joe from Horse's rear end in a top hat, Nebraska would likely be just as dumb if he didn't leave Nebraska and see various shitholes the world over.

Concussions and TBIs definitely don't help, though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ that guy that flew from Alaska to Miami and just started shooting at the baggage pickup.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Uhm a vet died at a VA in Florida this year and his body was left in the patient shower area for 8 hours prior to being moved to the morgue because the nurses couldn't be arsed to do their jobs.

That could just as likely happen in a private hospital and never be spoken of outside of a board room.

But it's still loving horrible. Stupid goddamn VA.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's a forest for the trees argument that vets don't get. The trees are thicker for a lot.

Their mental health care providers are not the limb of the government they should be swinging axes at.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Smiling Jack posted:

hey I have some bad news for you but the police are the primary mental health providers in this country

#2 is corrections officers in jails

number 9 or 10 is what you would call a "mental health professional"

What the hell sense does that make?

Because that reads all sorts of wrong. That's like saying cats are cardiologists because they're often around when people have heart attacks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Smiling Jack posted:

none really but most of you guys seem okay with using cops and guards as your mental health providers until someone gets shot and then there's a lot of deep concern for like 96 hours on local news channels

Cops and prison/jail guards are facilitators of mental health at best, not providers. They maintain control and follow orders, not offer suggestions for how to channel your crazy or prescribe anything besides cuffs, car, block building with bars. Doc says inmate needs his pill, guard gonna give it to him, not the doc.

Wait, this is dumb.

Hell of a lot of trees to walk back through out of here.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 4, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

dubzee posted:

Just lol.

Both sides of my family are from WV

:banjo:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
AM is just about dead as a medium in the US, but the ones still listening are the ancients and olds of the GOP.

Cool olds know NPR way down on the FM dial is the way to go.

I'd like for a Rush impersonator to make a show and shout in the same tones as Rush, but about the opposite view. Then splice the shows together from between advertising breaks and feed it out into the air.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 5, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
She's got a few topless scenes in GLOW. Go with that until selfie boobs are verified.

E: goddamnit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
He was big in AI for a while a few years back. Don't really remember much about why.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ElMaligno posted:

naw your generation grew too old and now is irrelevant

There just aren't as many of us as there were boomers and are millenials. Boomers didn't gently caress as much as their parents and gen x is making more babies because condoms are hard.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Still don't understand why in this day and age a 100 mb downlaod takes 30 minutes on PSN. App updates hurt, downloading new games is an all day affair. Blows cock.

How long was PSN down a couple years back? Three months or so?

I don't really give a poo poo about games anymore, but even with dsl I can pull down a decent size game over xbox live in an hour or so, and not have to worry as much about my personal information being compromised. Or xbox live taking a multi-day poo poo. Then again, you get what you pay for.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If they shake their hips real fast is that still dick waving?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mlmp08 posted:

I remember when the Papa John's owner was bitching either about healthcare or wages or something and essentially said "Look, if I'm going to give those benefits, each large pizza will cost a 25 cents more!" Like, gently caress, is that all?

John Schnabel is a piece of poo poo, just like every slice of his pizzas. Cocksucker built a 1/10th scale model of his then-to-be-built 50k square foot house but can't pay his employees a worthwhile wage.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Handsome Ralph posted:

Also, I would eat that garbage pizza over Papa John's poo poo pizza any day of the week.

Same.

The Little Caesars founder was actually a decent person. He even paid for Rosa Parks' rent when she was threatened with eviction.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/02/15/us/mike-ilitch-rosa-parks-trnd/index.html

For that action alone, his pizza tastes better.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Diamond Joe drives a corvette now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
'God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un,' evangelical adviser says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-adviser-says/

Real Jesus-like.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

milk milk lemonade posted:

Cue America, gently caress Yah from Team America, World Police

Durka durka?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

Totally wouldn't want to be stationed in Korea right now. In 2004 we had some protesters show up and the whole area went on lockdown for nearly a week. They must be losing their loving minds right now.

Those were some wacky times. I got stuck in a second story bar outside Osan AB sometime late 2003 because a protest was rolling around on a flat bed truck with thousands of people in tow. The bar was blocked off from the street by three rows of police with those giant assbeating sticks.

So many anti-Bush protests, it was ridiculous.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nothing's happening. Nothing will come of this. We knew Trump was cool with white supremacists when he stumbled his way through downplaying David Duke. We should have known from that time in the 70s or 80s when he booted or blocked black people from living in his properties.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Stopped clock syndrome. Don't put any faith in it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Uh I'm not sure if yall are aware but there's a whole bunch of lovely people in this country they just kinda hid it until their minds broke in 2008 and a black man became President

And when they go full retard we should break their skulls open so those worthless minds can get some fresh air.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's loving outstanding. How worthless of a person can you be to wash out at four months? Holy loving smoking retards.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

M1 GARAND CURES NAZIS

Or Thompsons.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's been a quasi-liberal gun buy up going on. It's probably gonna pick up speed a touch. Time to invest in firearms manufacturers again.

I have seen some prices go up in the local flyers. A couple months ago they were running ads for $500 ARs, cheapest this month was $630.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/896722223947558912

https://twitter.com/roflmaoism/status/896716105867284480

Imagine thinking Inglorious Basterds was a tragic movie about the downfall of your case.

More like fight club.

"You hit me in the ear, who the gently caress does that?"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Counter-point: Jessica and Ashley Simpson.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tay-tay is clearly a demon in disguise. That dj felt the tip of her tail so she buried him in a life unemployment and legal debt. She's probably solid with the nazis and will swoop in to "save us all" with her music and character performances followed by heartwarming speeches about how maybe Donald could do better dictating rather than presiding over us. And all of her rabid dipshits will sing kumbaya around a burning cross.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

https://twitter.com/usa_gunslinger/status/8972398965107425

gently caress your lovely heritage

drat deleted just as I posted it. But I took a screen!!

It's still up. I just punched her handle in on google.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bolow posted:

See I'm curious on how the FBI finds these idiots. Because all I'm picturing in my head is some idiot posting a craigslist ad for some ANFO, followed by some junior FBI agent doing effectively a Nigerian Prince money scam but with explosives instead.

The thing is anfo can be made easily with legally purchasable poo poo. Dumb gently caress couldn't go to home depot and a diesel pump.

Making or getting something to ignite it is a little more difficult.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
http://fox21news.com/2017/08/15/shoplifting-suspect-shot-killed-by-police-in-colorado-springs/

CSPD shoot/kill walmart shoplifter.

Link says gunfire was exchanged but the other stations in town aren't saying that. Yet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Handsome Ralph posted:

Watched the new Vice episode and it really put me on edge, but this helped me feel a little bit better.

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/895369247442055168

Love it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The gently caress did you kiwis do to piss off australia? There was some conspiracy poo poo I heard this morning but left before I could hear the story. And Jim Jeffries said something last week or two ago, "I know what they did, they know what they did, but you guys are clueless" type schtick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Eh, it was only a quick blurb I heard this morning. And Jim Jeffries is probably just being himself.

/\ that's what I was thinking, but one never knows.

• Locked thread