Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/897257484439519233

In case you forgot Newt is a giant loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

There's always the James Garner way

Nope. It uses to the tune of to John Brown's Body.

Though the armies would sometimes rewrite each others' songs. There's a Union rewrite of The Bonnie Blue Flag that goes "We do not want your cotton, we do not want your slaves, so rather than divide the land we'll fill your southern graves!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ra9cXx1-o

Then we'll all go down to Dixie,
Away, away,
Each Dixie boy must understand
That he must mind his Uncle Sam,
Away, away,
And we'll all go down to Dixie.
Away, away,
And we'll all go down to Dixie.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/897173485226786817

because the guys fighting the IJA tooth and nail up suribachi on iwo jima are exactly the same as the band of hickass fuckers who invaded Pennsylvania to send free black people back south in chains, obviously.

Well there's a lot of hate on MANY SIDES man!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

gently caress, does that mean he's President for 6 years now?!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Smiling Jack posted:

Three and a half if history is anything to go by

Touche.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Remember when we thought it was crazy that Spicer had a twitter grudge against Dippin' Dots? Holy gently caress and it hasn't even been a year yet! :psyduck:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Was June "no trannies in the military"?

Pretty sure that was like mid-July.

Edit: I think the rise and fall of Mooch was the week after that.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

LOL. Dude's a loving 'tard if he's been stuck with that program for 3 reporting periods.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Bolow posted:

Yeah but all those people he listed won offensive military campaigns. Lee didn't :v:

quote:

Napoleon finished a little bit bad. But I asked that. So I asked the president, so what about Napoleon? He said: “No, no, no. What he did was incredible. He designed Paris.” [garbled] The street grid, the way they work, you know, the spokes. He did so many things even beyond. And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

No that was back at the beginning of may

E:jfc wikipedia already had to break it up into multiple pages

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Trump_presidency,_2017_Q2

June was the cancellation of the Paris Climate Agreement, Qatar getting hosed by the GCC, and Trump making GBS threads on the mayor of London. Huh.

Edit: Also the "new" travel ban.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 17, 2017

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Arc Light posted:

And Comey's testimony before the Senate + McCain's (tumor?) rambling.

Edit: this morning, the Secretary of the Air Force sent out a rather pointed email to all airmen about how "integrity" is the first and most important value expected of airmen, and attached a letter from Secdef Mattis (dated a few days before the Charlottesville rally) reminding servicemembers to behave ethically at all times.

As noted earlier in this thread, the overriding sentiment on the part of service chiefs/secretaries tends to be "stay out of it" when it comes to domestic matters.

Yeah, I read that e-mail this afternoon. It wasn't anything new as I had read Mattis' letter earlier this month when someone posted it up on twitter, but it's kinda surreal getting an official e-mail from the CSAF with it attached (and in context with everything that's happened over the last few days).

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

The room is spinning, someone call 911.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

gently caress

gently caress

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

:catstare:

Lol, this is why I didn't join the navy. At least in the USAF the only time I might get killed on duty is if one of the Thunderbirds fucks up and lawn darts into a crowd at an airshow.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Don't 'deployability' concerns open the door for kicking pregnant women out of the military as well? Or is that just part of the plan?

They (the White House) probably just chose a "military sounding" word and hit the send button. I know in the Air Force there's a lot of Airmen (some even a decade younger than me) that I wouldn't trust to sprint to the BX and back.

Edit: :tinfoil:Unless they are trying to get rid of the Air Force.:tinfoil:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472

Edit: I call for us to move to a candle based economy.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I don't mind twitter, but people who post these long tweet chains are loving annoying. Just post it up somewhere online and then link that poo poo.

This isn't directed at you Marx, btw.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

Hey do you guys remember the aerosol can flamethrower man from the Charlottesville fuckfest? Well, personally at least, I believed every word of his story except for the part where he sad he got shot at, that seemed to outlandish even for me.

Well, I feel like a total loving rear end in a top hat now. The Nazis are literally shooting at people, why the gently caress aren't we shooting back?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/25/us/charlottesville-protest-police.html

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the-fbi-has-quietly-investigated-white-supremacist-infiltration-of-law-enforcement/

:thunk:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Just remember: Somehow, this is Obama's fault

Should have put those Texans into FEMA camps when he had the chance.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

The Pi dude posted:

This seems appropriate.

:drat:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

A mobile veterinarian center would have been better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

dubzee posted:

OMG the lifted Escalade.

Fuckin' Murica in the house.

Legit thrilled by all the jet ski / kayak / inflatable mattress / escalade rescues I've seen from Texas the past few days.

I hate to be all BOOTSTRAPS, but these folks are getting it done while the folks that are supposed to be in charge figure out the "Action Plan"

That's because the people who "run" Texas don't believe in BIG GOVERNMENT and around two years ago thought JADE HELM was some federal take over of their state.

Edit: TBH, I would hesitate to even claim Texas has a government seeing how the legislature barely meets compared to every other state. And the few times they do meet they are more worried about which bathroom transgender people use.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 31, 2017

• Locked thread