Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Just a reminder last week was totally loving insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The Mormon influence on the Boy Scouts was significant. There's been a culture war going on in Scouting for some time now.

Steven Spielberg quit his position in the Scouts back in 2001 as a protest on their anti-gay position.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

ok

I mean I kinda thought that went without saying

if I had to post about every cop who did a hosed up thing in a department 1000 miles away I would never get to shitpost about game of thrones so just assume a blanket condemnation from me unless I explicitly stated otherwise

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

ICE/CBP detained a loving NYPD officer and Army Reserve Major coming into JFK during that debacle

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...nation.amp.html

Edit: we have about 1,000 Muslim NYPD officers which is about 1/36th of the department. The actual number is probably higher, that's just a rough estimate based off of a google search. Matches up with my experience though.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 3, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Pesticide20 posted:

Maybe he'll decide to go the Budd Dwyer route

Budd Dwyer was wrongfully convicted and killed himself to secure a pension for his family.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't actually a thing in real life.

well

It is but there's usually a defense attorney and judge involved

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

oh dear me heavily armed veterans taking it out on the front line mental health providers in America this has never happened before

also it's cute that you think the only people launching ambush attacks on police are black, the deliberate police attack types are gloriously multiethnic. gently caress, one of them was a Yugoslavian war reenactor, a pair of them were professional joker / harley quinn cosplayers and of course your good old fashioned white supremacists have quite the LEO body count

'MERICA

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 4, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

That's a forest for the trees argument that vets don't get. The trees are thicker for a lot.

Their mental health care providers are not the limb of the government they should be swinging axes at.

hey I have some bad news for you but the police are the primary mental health providers in this country

#2 is corrections officers in jails

number 9 or 10 is what you would call a "mental health professional"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Pennsylvania State Trooper sniper attack

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Frein

Serbian war reenactor, airsoft player, domestic terrorist and murderer

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 4, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

What the hell sense does that make?

none really but most of you guys seem okay with using cops and guards as your mental health providers until someone gets shot and then there's a lot of deep concern for like 96 hours on local news channels

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cops and prison/jail guards are facilitators of mental health at best, not providers. They maintain control and follow orders, not offer suggestions for how to channel your crazy or prescribe anything besides cuffs, car, block building with bars. Doc says inmate needs his pill, guard gonna give it to him, not the doc.

Wait, this is dumb.

Hell of a lot of trees to walk back through out of here.

I think you're kind of missing the point here

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Is this some hack poo poo? Because I like boobies but not when people put it out there without consent

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 6, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

One of my giant regrets is passing on going to burning man back in the mid 90s, my buddy who did go was doing mag dumps from the door of an AN-2 biplane because he made friends with the pilot.

Burning man banned guns shortly thereafter :iiam:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

Many people, however, serve whole careers in the military without killing anyone much less an intern.

holy gently caress

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

also gen x was objectively the best generation suck it boomers and millennials

edit this was written in 1993 lmbo http://www.newsweek.com/whiny-generation-194042?amp=1

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

current event: the Amazon video app on the PS3 can suck a fat dick

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cugel the Clever posted:

Found your problem.

Listen I bought that thing in December 2013 and it's got a few years left in it ok

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

are you at least using an ethernet connection on it

the wifi on ps3s are certified dogshit

no it's pretty clearly a software error

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

This is kinda a huge deal. I get search warrants quite a bit, and while it's a lot easier for feds to get a search warrant, you still have to show some sort of probable cause that the evidence you are looking for is actually there.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh come on you and I both know you have to be a special kind of stupid or the Judge knows you're banging his wife to get turned down.

Not where I work.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Interesting what would you say the turn down rate is in NYC? Even just spittballing a guess.

Zero, because we know the criteria before we go down. OPSEC, but I have significant investigative standards to meet before I get a warrant.

I get shot down by the DA office like 20% of the time and that's when I met their guidelines.

Once a case gets media attention though all that poo poo goes out the window, kinda like bail standards.

Edit: politics has a huge effect also. The Bronx DA issued a massive wiretap of the police union over parking tickets and a judge signed off on it; typically the DA wouldn't have even presented a wiretap application based on the information they had at the time.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 9, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Waroduce posted:

Alot of facilities who don't wanna deal with it are actually just bouncing suicidal people out the the street

oh indeed

Insurance companies refusing to pay for treatment is a big cause also.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dont be stupid
be a smarty

I understood that reference

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

shame on an IGA posted:

To be fair, almost all of the :911: crying eagle imagery and psychological impact and bloodlust has focused on the first responders and airline passengers. Nobody gives a gently caress about all those Cantor Fitzergerald traders.

You do when you knew some if them. Not counting people who have died from 9/11 related cancer I personally knew 3 people and was one degree of separation from several other non-first responder casualties.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I want to go there and burn a Confederate flag in front of those idiots

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cugel the Clever posted:

without any hint of police presence.

Nature has a way of restoring balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdJ6DnPhzk

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Unless you have witnesses who can identify the driver, the plate is meaningless.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Unless someone can ID the driver the odds of a conviction here are very low

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

cowboy elvis posted:

This feels like the darkest moment of the Trump administration so far.

there is always more and it is always worse

remember OKC? Back then the Feds had been investigating white nationalist groups for over a decade. Somehow I don't think that's a priority under this administration.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Woof Blitzer posted:

Ok why are there 145 new posts, I did nazi what happened

Dodge a big story

Edit: gently caress

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Dodge Twitter should post a picture of a WW2 truck with the caption "we don't like nazis" or something similar

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

please come to NYC you Nazi fucks

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

the world financial markets are a giant shared hallucination

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

what did he do that was the final straw

It's been a few years, can't really recall.

Cyrano nuking the politics thread was a good thing. It was a haven for neo nazi scumbags and trolls and it was more of a headache than it was worth.

I was getting tired of having to suicide bomb PCOS every few days anyway

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

CommieGIR posted:

Not even that, he held US soldiers at gunpoint and was stockpiling weapons he'd stolen during his Active Duty years to start a race war while he was a Green Beret.

Guy is nuts.

Both the Green Berets and USMC scout snipers had a significant white supremacist problem in the 80s.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

uh its not hard you loving ban them

"fairness"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

mlmp08 posted:

Post the quickly aborted federal attempt at gun control after Sandy Hook, a whole lotta people showed up to be real mad about Obama and various conspiracy theories (F&F, Benghazi, Soros-bucks). It snowballed, obviously, when the 2016 election was in full swing.

one of PCOS groupies went on a deranged tangent on how the biased media was covering up an Obama erection scandal

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Internet Wizard posted:

Reminder that PCOS once used the phrase "oven-dodger" to refer to the head of the 2nd Amendment Foundation and didn't even take a six for it

edit: at least ar15.com is up front with how retarded they are with their climate-change is a lie and dowsing is real you guys threads

edit: enough cross forum drama

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

It's not bandwagoing, it's just that last year publicly stating "yeah Nazis are bad and unamerican" was kinda assumed to be a default state

Then something happened and all these nazi fucks came out of the woodwork and it turns out yeah, we do need to remind people that neo Nazis are a thing and gently caress those guys

I wonder what happened that emboldened these fuckers, just cant put my finger on it

• Locked thread