Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Lots of "well they just call everybody a Nazi," too.

It's almost like everyone is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Genocide Tendency posted:

The rest of society is realizing that these small but excessively vocal groups need to be forced back into their little holes. The only way you do that is through violence and destroying their false idols.

No, the part in bold is how you drive even more extreme reactions. Discredit, and disrupt these idiots. If and when the fuckers commit crimes prosecute the poo poo out of them.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Genocide Tendency posted:

You do understand who our AG is right?

You do understand that most prosecutions in the US don't happen in the Federal Court system, right? Even if Sessions is a total slime ball I don't see him not prosecuting the next TImmy M.

Why is this shocking or bad? Did they commit vandalism? Yes. Did they do it on video? Sure did. Is vandalism a crime? Yup.

Do I think the south should be littered with statues celebrating men/women/ideas espoused by the Confederacy? gently caress no.

Tremblay fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 15, 2017

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Handsome Ralph posted:

Fair enough. I just figured from the earlier statement issued by the city that they didn't give a poo poo and were going to let it slide.

hobbesmaster posted:

This is the county though?

Either way, letting poo poo slide from either group of idiots is kicking open the door to hell in this climate.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

psydude posted:

Shame you can't easily buy a 249 or 240, because dicking around with those is fun as hell.

You can. FN has been selling semi only 249s for a while. If you meant FA it's annoying but possible.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Isn't there only one transferable that was ever registered?

Not sure. With proper licensing you could get a post sample, or convert a semi only to select fire. Admittedly a pain in the rear end but do able. I was actually hoping table top FFLs would be kosher again. Oh well.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm not saying it's a good practice to charge suspects with anything and everything, but it's telling when some poor black dude gets 17 counts of intent to distribute but suddenly we need to be careful about overcharging when neo-nazis or police officers shoot at someone.

And the relevant prosecutor has done this repeatedly to black people?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

#NotAllNorks

:rolleyes:

This guy is going to go to jail for as long as he can be sentenced for. This isn't plea bait, there is too much hay to make politically.

In case this somehow gets construed as me supporting the racist piece of poo poo, I"m not.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Asking if the prosecutor has a history of blah blah ignores the issue in the context of what you were quoting, and the prosecutors history is irrelevant.

For example, my #NotAllCops post was drawing a comparison. If a cop shoots an unarmed black person, in a similar context of what you were responding to, the cop's history is irrelevant, even if he has had no accusations of racism, or previously acted racist. The issue, in context of the post you were responding to, is that racist poo poo keeps happening, even as a result of people who supposedly are not racist.

It's bigger than the individual, who in this specific case is the prosecutor you were asking about.

Got it. nope don't have it. In your cop hypothetical we just roast the bastard because it's Tuesday? Is the cop black? Mexican? Does that matter?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Crazycryodude posted:

Wait, what? I'm not saying that the government (ESPECIALLY not this government) should be trying to redefine hate speech or whatever, I'm saying that you and your friends should go beat the poo poo out of any reactionaries in your neighborhood. The fact that there've been no major Nazi rallies since CVille is proof that it's working. They all pack up and run when threatened with a bunch of pissed off decent people promising to smash their faces in, so keep doing it until they're all gone because it's the one goddamn thing that actually works.

Take out the trash yourselves, don't rely on the state to do it. Not in the least because a good portion of the time the state is the trash.

And I think this all will lead to domestic terror incidents. I was hoping we'd already hit the fringes on both sides. I'm no longer that optimistic.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

Fair enough, I wasn't thinking about their recruiting efforts. I was addressing how they'll hide behind everyone else's desire to not have the world be a violent, unstable place while working very hard to make that exist for their targeted minorities. Letting them go and not confronting them in the current environment just lets them target who they want and manufacture that violence anyway.

The time for letting peaceful condemnation and governing bodies take care of the problem ended when the head of that body publicly gave them permission with his speeches and started slinging pardons.

Well then you giant pussy. What's with the half measures? Fists? Rocks? What are you a Palestinian street urchin? Why don't your really take care of those Nazis.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

You're a loving idiot. Societies keep the members of their society in line by formal sanctions (the police, judges) and informal sanctions (not inviting people to parties that are rude, stomping nazis the gently caress out). Laws can't govern everything. There isn't a a formal sanction against saying "all niggers should die" but if you don't think there should be informal sanctions then I'm not really sure if you get how societies work on a basic level. Just like laws, informal sanctions have varying degrees of punishment. There

Maybe, and I totally appreciate the condescending tone.

What part of the "traditional" social contract of "physically assaulting people because of what they said is bad" don't you loving understand?

Why don't you loving understand that you and a poo poo load of other people are arguing for, or have already pushed a new social contract that encourages physical violence in response to speech.

Why don't you loving understand that mentality will lead to increased violence.

Why don't you loving understand that like prank wars, this poo poo will escalate.

I fully support the ability for individuals to defend themselves.

I'm not drawing any equivalence between "both sides".

Here are a few standalone statements:

gently caress facism.

gently caress racists.

gently caress self aggrandizing retards like you pushing for violence.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

Are you talking about the beating black guys with sticks speech or the driving a car into a crowd speech

I view those incidents as assault, murder + a dash of attempted murder.

I don't view them as speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Its idiots from TFR who are posting here because they don't have a politics thread anymore.

I've lurked, and posted in this forum since it existed. Is this some backhanded way of suggesting I'm PCOS Bill? If so, gently caress you.

Racist assholes have been around longer than you or I have been alive. It turns out you aren't going to beat them all into your line of thinking. It turns out you aren't going to find each, and every one and put a bullet in them. So while the internet tough guy poo poo is pretty cool and all. Maybe there are more productive ways to go about this.*

*This may still put you in a position to punch people, who knows!

• Locked thread