Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Q: What do POTUS Trump and D&D have in common?

A: A will to compulsory depopulation of impoverished rural America

quote:

But I said to Gary, I said, you know, Gary, you go to certain sections and you’re going to need people to work in these massive plants that we’re getting, that are moving in. Where do we have the people? You know where we have the people? In New York state that can’t get jobs, in many other places that can’t get jobs. And people are going to have to start moving. They’re going to move to Colorado and they’re going to move to Iowa and Wisconsin and places where – like if Foxconn goes to Wisconsin, which is one of the places they’re very strongly considering – but if Foxconn goes to Wisconsin and they have a very low rate and the governor’s done an excellent job, you’re going to have a situation where you got to get the people. But they’re going to start moving. And I’m going to start explaining to people when you have an area that just isn’t working – like upper New York state, where people are getting very badly hurt – and then you’ll have another area 500 miles away where you can’t – you can’t get people, I’m going to explain you can leave, it’s OK, don’t worry about your house.

You know, a lot of them don’t leave because of their house. Because they say, gee, my house, I thought it was worth 70,000 (dollars) and now it’s worth nothing. It’s OK. Go, cut your losses, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

Best thing from that brief

no this

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Every American penis would instantly shrink 70%

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

He stopped WannaCry in the same way that a dead body flying through a windshield and knocking the shifter out of gear would deserve credit for stopping a truck attack.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nisour Square convictions overturned.

https://news.google.com/news/amp?ca...html#pt0-615372

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

We must secure the existence of Joe Biden and a future for his camaro

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Watching that clip with the sound muted is the best evidence I've ever seen that the reptilian conspiracy is true.

E: loving LOOK AT THIS GUY

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

I have never understood how people can't wrap their minds around tax brackets.

what are you some kinda math homo

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Godholio posted:

We might go to war about 3 minutes after Trump sees this on the morning news.

plan #noballsnoballs is really going places with that secret service permit

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That poo poo has to be explosive as fuuuuck considering how much simple finely powdered aluminum without any nanostructure trickery already loves atmospheric O2 and federal watchlists

But considering how energetic that reaction is I absolutely believe they've made what they say they have, fuckin lol at selling it as a hydrogen breakthrough instead of weird slow-burn aluminum though.

Also aluminum refining accounts for something like 20% of global electricity demand

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

To be fair, almost all of the :911: crying eagle imagery and psychological impact and bloodlust has focused on the first responders and airline passengers. Nobody gives a gently caress about all those Cantor Fitzergerald traders.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

lol if it gets taken up by some shkreli type who spikes the price so high it's unaffordable for everyone except rich ibiza-goers who want to make sure they can hit the land of nod over vacation without coming back as a junkie.

That's exactly what it already is, some asswipe MBA pushing naltrexone 30 day injections to drug court judges and LE because those junkies can't be trusted to take a pill under court order for $45/mo so you should totally compel them to take this $1700/mo shot out of pocket under force of law

also making GBS threads all over suboxone and methadone because LOL HOW CAN YOU CURE ADDICTION BY PAYING FOR THEM TO GET HIGH AS GIRAFFE PUSSY MAGA

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/06/12/523774660/a-drugmaker-tries-to-cash-in-on-the-opioid-epidemic-one-state-law-at-a-time

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 12, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Buckle up for the financial system to take an astonishingly huge poo poo soon, it turns out the LIBOR, commonly used as the base interest rate for mortgages, credit cards and other loans the world over not only was being manipulated but the thing it was supposed to measure even when working properly doesn't exist.

As many as 60% of outstanding loan contracts worldwide could be subject to renegotiation or litigation if that specified benchmark ceases to exist.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/taibbi-is-libor-crucial-financial-benchmark-a-lie-w497305

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

I doubt almost any son or daughter of Evangelicals ever accpmplished anything good and just as well could have been aborted. Nurture is a large part of the equation and they loving suck at it.

Katy Perry

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Immanentized posted:

I wouldn't worry. Taibbi over sensationalizes a ton of his poo poo, and most of the pain points brought up in this article wouldn't apply to mortgage or title loans, but rather on a scale that would hit the lending institution itself. Banks are bound by some pretty ironclad regulations and restrictions on what the can and cannot renegotiate with their clients, if the market or fiat backing changes, it's tough poo poo for them, and it's why the Fed has been requiring them to carry a ton of liquidity ever since the 08 meltdown. There's an entire field of Liquidity and Credit Risk that has come up since that crisis, and I would seriously doubt that the worldwide credit system has not had eyes on this for a while. Each bank that wants to offer conventional and federally assured mortgages is required to perform a CCAR, Regulatory Reporting, and Liquidity risk at the end of each year, this drives compliance and results in huge fines if they gently caress up at any point along that road. They cannot and will not (usually) smack down to hit their mortgage holder, lest they run afoul of fair lending and consumer protection restrictions.
A better barometer is to call your lender and talk through their rate assessment procedure with them, when a rate's good, lock it in 45 days before you want to buy, that way you buy 15 days when you can pick and choose a better rate if it comes along.

Buy within your means-- no more than 3 years annual salary/expected income, get a 30 year and pay it like a 15 year if you can and see if you can hit a 25% deposit for some sweet sweet closing cost discounts. Do modify your W-4 withholding to reflect your mortgage interest and property tax deductions BEFORE tax return season. That money is better off in your pocket, paying down outstanding loans or in a savings account where it can generate interest.

Don't do anything with the word "adjustable" in it.

Also note paying half every two weeks instead of once every month carves a 30 year loan down to 23.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This better be Time's MOTY 2017

https://twitter.com/donswaynos/status/896421269423493121?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol how did those get built in loving Maryland in the first place

... never mind

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Black Panther Party was easily the most efficacious gun control organization in US history.

Also drat, Gen. Bragg had to be deep on the spectrum:

wikipedia posted:

He launched a series of argumentative letters with senior Army officials, including the adjutant general and Army paymaster, that established his reputation as "disputatious."[5]

Bragg had a reputation for being a strict disciplinarian and one who adhered to regulations literally. There is a famous, apocryphal story, included in Ulysses S. Grant's memoirs, about Bragg as a company commander at a frontier post where he also served as quartermaster. He submitted a requisition for supplies for his company, then as quartermaster declined to fill it. As company commander, he resubmitted the requisition, giving additional reasons for his requirements, but as the quartermaster he denied the request again.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Godholio posted:

Lots of people saying antifa is more dangerous than the Nazi assholes.

I loving wish the friends-of-friends I see commenting on FB were only that stupid, a pretty good contingent here in SC is unironically screaming "crisis actors!" already

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

You've evidently never heard the best song about the greatest American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSn3NddwFQ

As soon as I can find an air horn that plays the first bar of this I'm going to start building my lifelong dream car.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

:same:

Are you gonna call yours "The General Sherman" too?

Flamethrower exhaust or bust

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

Really loving this strong reaction to making GBS threads on nazis now even if some of it is a bit bandwagon-y.

Wake me up when SC pulls Pitchfork Ben down off the statehouse

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Trump melting down live

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://youtu.be/j_oFN5utkX0

had to search just walked into it on tv

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:stare:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I just watched the president of the united states engage a helldump thread on live television

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Genocide Tendency posted:

Apparently I need to start watching Trump press conferences again.

Was it really that bad?

Because Twitter and this thread is going ape poo poo.

He completely lost his poo poo yelling at people, cutting off questions, offering a full-throated defense of "the innocent and properly-permitted folks protesting to save their statue".

I say this in absolute seriousness, at least 65% of Springer guests show more decorum and 100% are less publicly sympathetic to Nazis because those guys only get invited to Maury anymore.

As someone said above this was insane even by Trump standards.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 15, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:vince:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/897550000078544896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/Sarah_Boxer/status/897555997723701248

did any other networks do this because holy poo poo this doesn't happen

This was The Pivot

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

His hair looks better than it ever has today too, what a waste.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I have to hand it to Fox News, they managed to edit that apocalyptic presser into a forceful statement by a man in control of a situation.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

meanwhile in the group chat for a wedding I'm supposed to best man next month

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

Is that parody or not

Walder did nothing wrong

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If he did throw the war after creating an excuse to burn down the south, I'd say partial credit.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Wait June we were outraged about Comey getting the boot weren't we?

No that was back at the beginning of may

E:jfc wikipedia already had to break it up into multiple pages

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Trump_presidency,_2017_Q2

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 17, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

McNally posted:

In fairness, nobody gives a gently caress about gold star families.

:glomp:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Four different brands at price points from from $20 to $500. Also body armor and a DVD documentary by Public Enemy's Professor Griff.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I wonder if Trump has scared enough young republicans away from the party that in 15-20 year republicans in congress will all be wearing Pepe pins.

I was confused by this until I realized you meant Young Republicans and no their larval thirst for power will adapt to anything

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Trumptweet:

quote:

I want to applaud the many protestors in Boston who are speaking out against bigotry and hate. Our country will soon come together as one!

Does this mean Kelly finally stole his goddamn phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/legendary-comedian-actor-jerry-lewis-dead-91-n794331

Does this mean The Day the Clown Cried will see the light of day and probably also be hailed as an unsung masterpiece?

• Locked thread