Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Let's Play Mahoujin Guru Guru! (56k no)

Hey guys I found this really old game that no one seems to have heard of. Looks Pretty Cool so I'll do this Let's Play and get all the internet fame lol. I think someone else LPed it before but that was 1994 and they never finished anyway. So let's get started!

Nike, a boy from the Boering Village village, is forcefully sent along on a quest to defeat the Devil King after his Hero-worshipping parents see a posting from the king summoning potential heroes. Following the village's traditions, he visits the magical old lady where he is entrusted with caring for a young girl named Kukuri, who can use the mysterious Guru Guru magic. According to the old woman's claims, Kukuri is the last survivor of the Migu Migu clan who wield Guru Guru, and she has been waiting for a Hero to appear.

INTRO VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUBBlROXMo

CHARACTERS
NikeHeroUh
Your generic sword wielding hero. Uses swords.

Kukuri
Last practitioner of the Guru Guru school of magic, based on drawing magic circles to conjure stuff. Gamefaqs tells me she's WAY OP once levelled up, but...

I'm using Crunchyroll for video hosting so go there.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/magical-circle-guru-guru

My other website
http://guruguru-anime.jp/

Fangz fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I might not watch the show but :golfclap: @ OP

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

↑↑↓↓←→←→BA

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
What

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this is a great and very sweet story about a kid going to a training hall that also functions as a strip club

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I just appreciate how the translators are actually trying to catch that Pokemon / Dragon Quest feeling with the town names and such.

Also the face takes.

Also, any show that is able to reference Sailor Moon, YuGiOh (This was a litteral blink and you miss it btw) and, apparently Sexy commander in the one episode has got to at least be worth a shot.

Also both kids are adorable and I appreciate that in that it's sort of like the junior version of KonoSuba.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 2, 2017

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This show has amazing comedic timing and I am loving the hell out of it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There's so many little details and care put into this adaptation, like to the point of having unique commercial break bumpers. It owns so much.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The OP made me want to watch and I loved every minute of it.

Thank you OP.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I really loved the chorus that just sang for the first few minutes of this latest episode. There's a lot of quality going into this and I have no idea what the source material is like in comparison (or the old 90s series) but I think I'm on this ride.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

rincewind101 posted:

I really loved the chorus that just sang for the first few minutes of this latest episode. There's a lot of quality going into this and I have no idea what the source material is like in comparison (or the old 90s series) but I think I'm on this ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nxyS8wf8E

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

oh wow it has the same leitmotif and everything

how'd you recognize it?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

↑↑↓↓←→←→BA

I seem to have found a cheat

https://twitter.com/alia_nao/status/895007914913480705

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Juju owns so much

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only problem with the reboot zooming through the plot is less of fun side characters like juju

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The Colonel posted:

the only problem with the reboot zooming through the plot is less of fun side characters like juju

I remember watching this at a con a long time ago. I wrote down the name of the series but lost it.

Wish I saw it then, but so glad for this reboot.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That loving Obari pose outta nowhere.

:allears:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love literally everything about this show. I'm deeply invested in these dumbass kids and their stupid quest.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

an actual dog posted:

I love literally everything about this show. I'm deeply invested in these dumbass kids and their stupid quest.

The show does a great job of balancing the excel saga insanity with the sacherine cuteness.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I love this dumb show's juvenile humor.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Juju owns and I wish she was around longer.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

"Hero decided to quit sword school."

"Kukuri decided to keep falling."

"Kukuri is high on adrenaline."

My God this episode had my dying laughing just about every scene. Kukuri has been cute and funny so far but she was in top form this episode, and Juju was great too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's currently slated for 24 episodes, but it's not clear how much of they'll cover.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

It's currently slated for 24 episodes, but it's not clear how much of they'll cover.

This is good news! :northnorthdance:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This week's was great too though they are not pulling any punches in terms of adapting the material from all indication so yeah, fair warning in that regard.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ConanThe3rd posted:

This week's was great too though they are not pulling any punches in terms of adapting the material from all indication so yeah, fair warning in that regard.

ah.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ConanThe3rd posted:

If you've watched this far, I figure you're probably prepared for it.

The Colonel posted:

this is a great and very sweet story about a kid going to a training hall that also functions as a strip club

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

If you've watched this far, I figure you're probably prepared for it.

Oh no, I'm game shy of the entire show becoming something completely different.

I just figure that one gag might be a step too far for some. I get most will be fine with it but you know how it is.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 16, 2017

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Yeah, I can see that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This seems to be a common theme among shows of this season.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol at all these oblique posts about kukuri making sexy poses while she shows skin

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Yeah that was a dumb moment I hope they don't do more of.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if a gag comedy from the 90's, i guarantee you get more pantyshots/nike being horny. see: Dragonball

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Well, I hope they don't do *too much* more of it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I got through it but that doesn't mean I'm fond of it. Quite the opposite actually.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I got through it but that doesn't mean I'm fond of it. Quite the opposite actually.

90s anime must be rough for you.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Xelkelvos posted:

90s anime must be rough for you.

Growing up on 90s anime, I feel like a cranky old man talking about how back in my day we just watched the show and dealt with the weird stuff.

:corsair:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

availability was way lower :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
On a more important note, CR seems to be choping and changing it's translators on this, they keep switching what "Yusha sama" means on a weekly basis

• Locked thread