Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

ConanThe3rd posted:

On a more important note, CR seems to be choping and changing it's translators on this, they keep switching what "Yusha sama" means on a weekly basis

That may be less CR's translators and more Japanese. It just means "Hero (with great respect)" so it's up to the context how they'll translate it each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
"Hero (with great respect)" would be a great way to translate it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That may be less CR's translators and more Japanese. It just means "Hero (with great respect)" so it's up to the context how they'll translate it each time.

I'm just not sure if "my hero" matches Kukuri's use. "Lord Hero" was probably closer.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A dog wrote a letter that said eat my farts.

I am nearly 30 and I laughed way harder at this than I should have.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Tis a fairy village this week and you might want to have sone insilin ready because whoo lordy.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Lol at all the fairy shippers.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fangz posted:

Lol at all the fairy shippers.

They're just doing what we're all thinking!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Adorable episode, and the "MURDER ON THE MOUNTAIN" scenes killed me both times.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Jeez how did Toma get to level 10 so quick?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That bit where Nike's class is revealed to be a thief and it nearly destroys Kukuri's mental image of him only for her to want to become a Thief instead....

This show is relentless in its quest to be the most adorable thing on TV and I think it's going to kill me before series' end.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 29, 2017

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://a.pomf.cat/ricbri.webm

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh god, it's like watching a puppy trying to get up a flight of stairs.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

Jeez how did Toma get to level 10 so quick?

Presumably by actually training and studying.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This is potentially the cutest sound I have ever heard.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh poo poo. I just found out that Arakawa, the mangaka for Fullmetal Alchemist, got her start as an assistant on the manga for Mahoujin Guru Guru. Suddenly the influence of this on FMA seem pretty blatant.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Some pretty big Kukuri backstory stuff going down this week and its still relentlessly adorable, naturally.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

This was surprisingly touching at the start. I wonder if the toys in the nursery hint that the Guruguru spells are all born of Kukuri's subconscious memories as a child.

Also lol Raid

https://twitter.com/ProductionIG/status/905114035707723776

I also loved the "what? Do we even use MP?"

Fangz fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 6, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So I've watched the bit of the orgional (2000) series that covered this epsode and oh boy does poor Kukuri Go off the deep end (She gets on the wooden horse and regresses to four years old (She litteraly says as much)) when they figgure out that her present got fired out of the magic cannon

Being Kukuri is suffering.

On a lighter note, the noise she makes she she's peeking up from the cliff face and dips back down after seeing Raid is pretty great :allears:

Also the OP did that thing the JoJo's Openings do where they have the Sound Effects play during the last episode they use it so are they gonna change the oppening for Ep 9?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 6, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

This show is so awesome.

I love the sheer insanity of the guruguru spells.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
This latest episode made me really glad that Mahoujin Guru Guru exists

I was in hysterics when they were going "You're right! You're right! You're right! You're right!" constantly

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The fact that the no magic training thing is less its cultural aesop of "There's no shortcuts to training" and more the thieves just being really scared of magic just amuses me to no end.

Also points for Eraserhead: the origin.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The pacing is so fast, but it is perfect for the show's mood and humor. It's such a good and pure show, Nike's story about their past fights was the best thing. Alas, poor Toma.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

This is the weirdest episode of Ducktales I've ever done seen.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This show is just great. I laugh hard every week.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Holy poo poo JUJU OWNS :dance:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 27, 2017

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Holy poo poo JUJU OWNS :dance:

This is an indisputable fact.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The new episode felt like three or four episodes crammed into one and they were all fantastic. The illusion stores nearly killed me.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The new episode felt like three or four episodes crammed into one and they were all fantastic. The illusion stores nearly killed me.

The payoff with the Boobies Shop was great.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've gotten so used to one-cour shows that I'm genuinely surprised there's more episodes left.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm so glad this show got 2 cours

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm so glad this show got 2 cours

Delicious sandwich
Nov 6, 2011
Be sure to stick around for the next episode preview this week; it's pretty great.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you missed it

https://files.catbox.moe/2k69ri.mp4

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Delicious sandwich posted:

Be sure to stick around for the next episode preview this week; it's pretty great.

I love this show so much.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Between the old school RPG format and the cute dialogue, there's no reason to ever skip the episode previews in this show. That, however, is go even further beyond. Mahoujin Guru Guru Guru.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tfw you thought juju was only gonna show up for one arc and then she ends up being the best recurring character in the show

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That Goddess of Fate was a real piece of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

• Locked thread