Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

JFC, this episode. The insincere letter->wolf puppet->Mogel's loving travel costume->"Herowwwwl!"->23rd Time was too many rapid fire great gags and I had to pause the episode to catch my breath from laughing. The last part also doubled as adorable thanks to Kukuri's VA, this show is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'm expecting a strong showing in the AotY listings from all of you.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
This show is just so earnest with its presentation that you can't help but enjoy the dad level gags and then laugh out loud at the ones that are more to your individual taste.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder by the end of the series how many weird old men will be in the party or if 3 will be the max.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I wonder by the end of the series how many weird old men will be in the party or if 3 will be the max.

Well threre's always time Kaya to heel turn...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Great episode, only this cartoon can go from Dad Manga to Dork Romance to Rap Battles and I honestly couldn’t tell you where any significant changes occurred in the intervening time.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Cute pose is powerful magic

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I can honestly say that I never expected a reference to 24 in this anime. :psywoon:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This episode with the forest thieves and the Banana Moon is out of fuckin control.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
It's fricken unbelievable how good this show actually is, it might be my favorite show of the year at this point.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The animation was exceptional during the pikabia fight too

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
This episode was on a whole new level, soooo god drat funny and brilliantly animated. I'm so happy that it keeps finding new ways to deliver it hard.

Hmm this scene is a bit long winded, kind of breaks the pacing of the-
"this cutscene can't be skipped"
:lol::lol::lol:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

This show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ep 12

This show is turbo-charged awesome hilarity and it's amazing.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
This and Konosuba are hands down my favorite anime ever. The hatching just loving slayed me

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

This is the best episode yet. Guru Guru is out of control.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

This week's episode reminds me a lot of the painter girl episode of Flip Flappers, which the director storyboarded....

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This episode was wierd.

There was a Stright up episode preview, that is bizzare for this cartoon.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

This episode was wierd.

There was a Stright up episode preview, that is bizzare for this cartoon.

They must've been in a time crunch at this point in the series. Not enough time to cook up a post credits thing like in previous episodes, but enough material to put together an episode preview. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

This... was a rare miss imo. Sure it tied together in the end but getting there felt like a chore.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
last episode was kind of insane animation-wise, might've shaken up production a bit

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
So little of note happened this episode, and the change of pace is a bit disorienting. If I ever rewatch this series, that episode will be the only (so far) solid skip.

The "BOOM" was cute, though.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I liked this episode. It was very different but there was some cool stuff, and the punchline was good.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Haven't seen the new one yet, because I watched last week's episode again. It was so good.

I dont think I've ever laughed at a change in sound mixing before, but when they cut away from the rap battle, where they change the mix so that it's all echoey bass like a distant music festival stage, it's just perfect.

Everything about the rap battle is the best.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

an actual dog posted:

I liked this episode. It was very different but there was some cool stuff, and the punchline was good.

:yeah:

It was a bit of a shift to have such a slow paced episode of something that usually has its foot planted firmly on the gas, but it's all good.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

It's a nice breather episode before I assume poo poo goes down next episode.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
tonally this week's episode was way different from the rest of the series but I wouldn't call it bad or anything

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it switched from video game logic to dream logic

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The weirdest part was how Miucha was also voiced by Kukuri's voice actress. I was expecting a "Miucha isn't real"-twist the whole time.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

C-SPAN Caller posted:

This show is a goddamn cold war of weird old bald men, episode 21 just proved me wrong hard with 5 bald old men in the party.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 29, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
weird old men are inherently humorous

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

weird old men are inherently humorous

Especially when they go super saiyan blue

I also loved the split second death note reference to Ryuk when Fantasy G referenced death gods

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Last episode was light on humor but enjoyable enough, but the show got right back to form and destroyed me this week. I couldn't believe all the G-Fantasy stuff was only the first half of the episode.

Old JoJos, the pathetic Guru Guru rabbit, "I can never wear them again!," Juju's weird notes and happy "Help!," there were so many great moments this episode.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Hmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGt067uoLRQ&t=39s

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
"These grandpas live dangerously"

My face hurts

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

This show.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Are we really getting near the end here? I guess we have to be, but I'll miss this show when it's gone.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Are we really getting near the end here? I guess we have to be, but I'll miss this show when it's gone.

Is it 24 or 26 eps. I forget. We're on 21 right now and we're missing Water and Air and beating up Giri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Demon Kukuri: too powerful?

• Locked thread