Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Higgy

lotta Not Chill stuff happens daily

post some Totally Chill and/or Cool and Good things that happened to you today or recently or will happen in the future. also general good things that showed up in the news or are happening in your local area

stuff like how I'm takin a three day vacation this weekend just because or like how my pups were extra cute this morning and it really started my day off pretty good; y'know Chill things like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pogi

A cool thing: I just started a new job and they'll pay for most of my commute. Now I will spend $38 for a transit pass every year instead of just over a grand. That's p cool + good.

Higgy

that's awesome congrats on the new gig! doubleplus awesome you can get commute bux too

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
i got laid off in december and ended up taking a job in january that moved me 1200 miles away from 'home.' i have a wife and two kids (1 and 2 years old) that stayed behind to sell the house while i looked for a place that would fit us all. 2 weeks ago, they moved up here and i got to see them in person for the first time in 6 months... all 6 months of stress and depression vanished into thin air the moment they got here.

i skyped to read the kids a bedtime story every night, but getting to hold them and see them every day when i get home now is indescribably amazing.

i consider this good + cool.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Higgy

Meeksha posted:

i got laid off in december and ended up taking a job in january that moved me 1200 miles away from 'home.' i have a wife and two kids (1 and 2 years old) that stayed behind to sell the house while i looked for a place that would fit us all. 2 weeks ago, they moved up here and i got to see them in person for the first time in 6 months... all 6 months of stress and depression vanished into thin air the moment they got here.

i skyped to read the kids a bedtime story every night, but getting to hold them and see them every day when i get home now is indescribably amazing.

i consider this good + cool.

that's the goodest and cooolest thing, that's awesome! :3:

twoday

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I live in a lovely apartment and have a tiny balcony that I use to smoke cigarettes. A few months ago I decided to try to grow some vegetables and last week I harvested a small handful of kale and made some food out of it. It didn't taste amazing or anything, but it made me happy to eat it after tending to it and watering it for weeks. It was a small interaction with nature in the middle of an urban landscape and I feel richer for the experience.

twoday fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 4, 2017

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

Mariana Horchata

i saw a pretty cloud today. :yayclod:

Kromlech

by FactsAreUseless
Soft taco shells would theoretically work well as toilet paper. If they were warmed up ot would probably feel really good too.

Higgy

y'all have cool and chill things, that's awesome

to add some more: got home and mrs. higgy had a shot and some pizza waitin for me. nice start to a long weekend

Manifisto

as I mentioned elsewhere, the loons in our cove hatched a chick for the first time in several years

it is the cutest fuzzy little thing, its parents are spoiling it with fish, and of course it is constantly climbing on and off mom's back and under her wing

but I have to admit I am a little worried for this tiny chick in a great big world

ty nesamdoom!

Mariana Horchata

https://scontent-frt3-2.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/20618173_357084218039292_5276871917368770560_n.mp4

Slugnoid

I went back to my mums house on the weekend and got to play with Elliot, my lazy sixteen year old king charles cavalier again. My mum told me he got up and ran to the front door before i even set foot on the driveway

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust

Manifisto posted:

but I have to admit I am a little worried for this tiny chick in a great big world

maybe that tiny chick is exactly what this great big world needs.

-----

Baller Ina

:whattheeucharist:
Gonna have a weekend to myself, gonna be nice to just chill

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
Our cat Stevie said hai

Slugnoid

want to hi five that cat

City of Glompton

good thread, happy posts :love:

it's been a week of 100 f temps but this morning I stepped out on the deck and it was actually a lil chilly...it felt really nice.

tonight is shadowrun so that is something fun to look forward to

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slugnoid posted:

want to hi five that cat

Here's the cat doing a double hi five just 4 u

e: the tables, won't somebody think of the tables!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 4, 2017

Slugnoid

oliwan posted:

Here's the cat doing a double hi five just 4 u

e: the tables, won't somebody think of the tables!

cat chu on the flipside dudemeister NOT

Higgy

man this thread is just the best, it's been kind of a rough week so seeing y'all post Chill and cool things has brought me outta this funk

slept in this morning and woke up to hot coffee on my nightstand, then I chilled on the back patio for a bit while things are nice and cool before it tops over 100F again today

also watched my pupper be thoroughly confused by a praying mantis in the backyard. she didn't want to eat it but it was super cute to watch

lumpanoodle

i volunteered with my girlfriend and two of our friends to go on a four day, all expenses paid trip to fight undue donor influence on university policy from the Koch brothers, Charles and David. After our four day summit we're going to chill in town for two days with one of my buddies from college and then take a bus to New York to hang out with my girlfriends two brothers. and i'm gonna meet her dad for the first time

Robot Made of Meat

lumpanoodle posted:

i volunteered with my girlfriend and two of our friends to go on a four day, all expenses paid trip to fight undue donor influence on university policy from the Koch brothers, Charles and David. After our four day summit we're going to chill in town for two days with one of my buddies from college and then take a bus to New York to hang out with my girlfriends two brothers. and i'm gonna meet her dad for the first time

Noice!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Darkman Fanpage

Slugnoid posted:

I went back to my mums house on the weekend and got to play with Elliot, my lazy sixteen year old king charles cavalier again. My mum told me he got up and ran to the front door before i even set foot on the driveway

lol

Manifisto

loon chick status: still fuzzy, riding around on mom's back

I did not take this photo, but it is indeed a photo of said chick

ty nesamdoom!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I made bread with chopped figs in it and a fig sauce for meats. They turned out very figgy. Turns out cooking figs in balsamic vinegar is a Good Thing.

Robot Made of Meat

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

I made bread with chopped figs in it and a fig sauce for meats. They turned out very figgy. Turns out cooking figs in balsamic vinegar is a Good Thing.

This may well be the most fig-heavy thing I've ever read.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Robot Made of Meat posted:

This may well be the most fig-heavy thing I've ever read.

The experience was notably rich in a certain sticky fruit, yes, I can admit that.

FluffieDuckie

Manifisto posted:

omg

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Higgy

flew for work for the first time in a year (it's been a great year not flying 80% of the time fer work) and wasn't looking forward to it.

snagged aisle exit row with middle seat open; p chill
if u ask me

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

i love that loons have a bowtie

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i've become a beard guy i love my beard and gently comb it and apply soothing balm to it to reinforce its lustrous nature

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust

Bo-Pepper posted:

i've become a beard guy i love my beard and gently comb it and apply soothing balm to it to reinforce its lustrous nature

my facial hair grows in sparsely and is dirty blonde, so i can't do much beard-wise. i do not like big beards, but i would like to have a medium/close shaved beard.

the good and cool part of this post is that i have come to terms with this lack of manliness, and i like my naked face just fine. i look decent with a 5 o'clock shadow, too. it is good and cool to be happy and confident and have good self-esteem and stuff.

-----

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

my facial hair used to be similar then i got old and now i'm furry at will so just be patient and that trimmed face garden can be yours

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Splatmaster posted:

My wife's off on Wednesdays and a dispensary opened up about 40 minutes away (it used to take 2 1/2 hours one way so I basically stayed over my best friend's house who would come down to pick me up, take us both to the dispensary because we're both patients, hang out at his place and medicate the hell out of ourselves and drive back the next day to my place) but now my wife and I can enjoy a decent drive there and back and they had my favorite strain (Pineapple Fields) to boot so yeah I hope all my dudes have a dispensary trip for your favorite strain kind of Wednesday

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust

Splatmaster posted:

My wife's off on Wednesdays and a dispensary opened up about 40 minutes away (it used to take 2 1/2 hours one way so I basically stayed over my best friend's house who would come down to pick me up, take us both to the dispensary because we're both patients, hang out at his place and medicate the hell out of ourselves and drive back the next day to my place) but now my wife and I can enjoy a decent drive there and back and they had my favorite strain (Pineapple Fields) to boot so yeah I hope all my dudes have a dispensary trip for your favorite strain kind of Wednesday

i moved to NYC earlier this year and i don't know of any dispensaries. i don't know enough people yet to find independent sources of medication. i didn't know how good i had it while i was back in arkansas... :[ ah well.

-----

Meeksha

Ask me how!
-freb dust
btw - higgy thank you for creating this thread. serious or no, i really enjoy hearing about things that are going well in other people's lives. other forums, especially the other SA forums i was once active in, are negative and inflammatory. i'm glad i found BYOB... you guys are super good and chill.

tbh i'm not even sure what BYOB stands for unless it is just the standard bring your own beer.

-----

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Meeksha posted:

i moved to NYC earlier this year and i don't know of any dispensaries. i don't know enough people yet to find independent sources of medication. i didn't know how good i had it while i was back in arkansas... :[ ah well.

If you have a qualifying condition (and for a fee) these folks will help you get your card: http://www.nycmedicalmarijuanadoctor.com/

Here is the website for the dispensary that is set up and running in NYC: https://col-careny.com/

I hope this makes for a cool and good thing that happened to you :)

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

When one of my dogs chills with my wife and I on the couch, he likes to burrow under a blanket and lay there. This is cool and good because he'll grunt or snore or sleep bark/growl while he's under there and it's like the blanket is alive and disgruntled. The best part is when he hears the neighbor next door open his back door he gets all excited and forgets how to get out from under the blanket while he scrambles to our back door. This means the blanket either elevates and starts spinning in circles until a dog emerges from it or the blanket leaps from the couch and makes it way across the room while growling.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy

Meeksha posted:

btw - higgy thank you for creating this thread. serious or no, i really enjoy hearing about things that are going well in other people's lives. other forums, especially the other SA forums i was once active in, are negative and inflammatory. i'm glad i found BYOB... you guys are super good and chill.

tbh i'm not even sure what BYOB stands for unless it is just the standard bring your own beer.

of course! I love seein Chill stuff where ppl can just share something cool that happened however small or seemingly inconsequential. sometimes all ya need is to see a pic of a lil duck and it makes a bad day slightly better

for content: got a free rental upgrade on my business trip and I've been rolling around in a challenger all week so far it's fun to drive but I'd probably never own one

• Locked thread