Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big club bias Ched's lads were robbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Happy days in the Boro thread

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Villa are very bad and I still would like us to fire Steve Bruce

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

straight up brolic posted:

Villa are very bad and I still would like us to fire Steve Bruce

You should fire whoever's hiring the managers first

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Ipswich going down? What twat said that, clearly we're challenging for promotion. We dominated Barnsley en route to a 2-1 smashing.

(we had a total two shots on target lol)

Westren
Nov 19, 2015
According to BBC -

Possession: Cardiff 35% Villa 65%
Shots on target: Cardiff 12 Villa 1

Total football.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Raffles posted:

Happy days in the Boro thread

rudy owns

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
'arry Redknapp is cool and good

And Villa lost so that's nice

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Did boro play well please advise

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich win 72% to 28% unlucky Sunderland

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

Norwich win 72% to 28% unlucky Sunderland

Nice! We spanked Cardiff 65%-35% yesterday :)

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bape Culture posted:

Did boro play well please advise

we looked pretty nervous and our midfield was useless, still need a bit of time to gel.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Villa are absolutely clueless tactically it's a joke

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Lol loving hell Villa

Kinda glad we never got Terry now

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bruce will be gone by the morning

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Lol loving hell Villa

Kinda glad we never got Terry now
He's good it's everyone else that is poo poo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Birmingham status: still well poo poo

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
Mick McCarthy must have shoved his giant Yorkshire boner up an old gypsy lady to honor her dying wish, and in return she granted points. It's the only explanation I can come up with because we went in to this game with our back four hosed and although we predictably shipped 3 goals we scored 4!?!?!?!

I don't understand this madness but we're about 20% of the way to safety which was my hope for the season.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
big britt assombalonga fan here

flowbee abortion
Feb 13, 2004

Horse Inspector posted:

Mick McCarthy must have shoved his giant Yorkshire boner up an old gypsy lady to honor her dying wish, and in return she granted points. It's the only explanation I can come up with because we went in to this game with our back four hosed and although we predictably shipped 3 goals we scored 4!?!?!?!

I don't understand this madness but we're about 20% of the way to safety which was my hope for the season.

I am so confused. this is how the world ends. better talk poo poo now.

look at fuckass norwich in relegation city, what a bunch of cunts.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Steve Bruce said that Villa fans got carried away by the John Terry signing and our expections of being higher than loving 23rd in the table are perhaps unrealistic.

quote:

Under-fire Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce insists he is the man to turn the club’s fortunes around and believes John Terry’s signing got people carried away.

Villa – who were touted as strong promotion favourites ahead of the season’s start – have had a tough start to the campaign after picking up just one point in their opening three games.

Reading were the latest team to dispatch the Villans on Tuesday night, as they triumphed 2-1 at the Madjeski Stadium, and some fans are already starting to turn on Bruce.

The former Hull City manager was particularly damning after Saturday’s dire 3-0 loss to Cardiff City as he questioned the character of his side and admitted he was struggling to find the right balance – despite being in the job since October.

However, after the latest defeat Bruce admits people’s perceptions and anticipations may have skyrocketed to unrealistic levels following the signing of Chelsea legend Terry.

“We obviously signed JT, people have got carried away with the euphoria of it all,” Bruce said after the Reading loss.

“We are where we are and I’m convinced I’m the right one to turn it round.

“There’s still obviously a load of work to be done but judge us when all the players are fit and ready and at the minute we are having a tough time.

“We’ve had a tough start – Newcastle had a tough start last year – we have to batton down the hatches, still believe in what we are doing and get that win which will obviously give everyone a lift.

Bruce also highlighted how the club’s recent turmoil should be taken into account when assessing their current struggles.

And he reaffirmed that he has the experience and the know-how to get them going in the right direction once more.

“The club has been in constant change round in every transfer window for the past five or six – there is no denying that,” Bruce added.

“I can’t control that, of course, as I said at the top of the interview I’ve done it before and given time I will turn it round.

“At the minute we are all disappointed with it but that’s where we are so we have to accept it, take the flak that comes your way in getting beat these days, and that’s what any manager of a club like ours has to put up with.

“I’m not shy in my belief that we will turn it round and we will make a fist of it.”

It's also good to know that the players still aren't fit and ready for the new season, 3 games in. The twat.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

quote:

It's positive that we haven't lost any games but it's a bad thing we haven't won any games

Hard to argue with this

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Are boro looking good lads

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bape Culture posted:

Are boro looking good lads

still not great, will probably keep getting wins

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Boro are looking like champions elect.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
Thank you Rangers, you are now my second favourite team following your decision to become an Ipswich feeder club.

MSwen23
Jan 20, 2012
Brucey finally got it right today, yes Hutton is shite and should have come off earlier, but he did pull the trigger and with Bree in they stopped abusing our right wing.

Great to see Hourihane hatty to shut every moron Villa fan the gently caress up about him being Westwood mk2.

Terry shocking today, but a much needed win to hopefully turn the ship around.

Oh and whoever has a Villa mate who things Hutton isn't poo poo needs to euthanize that fucker for the future of humanity

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
https://twitter.com/_RyanCairney/status/898925527498723330

https://twitter.com/mickr48/status/898913774735896576

https://twitter.com/DeayRfclouis/status/898922205198811138

https://twitter.com/Schnellders24/status/898943726655066112

This is my new favourite past-time.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
scottish people are so bitter about their league being poo poo lol

even marvin emnes scored goals in the championship

in boro related news, lol we paid 15m for a guy who missed 3 1v1's

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
He'll come good. The important thing is he was in the right place.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Pissflaps posted:

He'll come good. The important thing is he was in the right place.

im just happy he had chances tbh, I remember days 2 seasons ago where we had 1 chance every game.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lol at shithouse blunderland in the half empty stadium of shite. poo poo club no fans

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

African AIDS cum posted:

Lol at shithouse blunderland in the half empty stadium of shite. poo poo club no fans

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

the mighty whites winning again, we're going up

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

African AIDS cum posted:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

quote:

“I have to keep coming on and saying nice things. People say:‘Don’t say anything bad’. Listen, what am I supposed to say? People are not stupid. People see the second half, it’s not good enough.

“You don’t go 25 games and win two of the 25 with virtually the same team.

“Nobody can say: ‘OK lads, I’ll sprinkle stardust on you, you’re a new lot of boys this year, forget that you ruined Zola last year, this year we’re going to be different’.

Redknapp lmao

he's right though we're well poo poo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Redknapp lmao

he's right though we're well poo poo

that owns

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Villa were pretty good today and Keenan Davis looked much better than Scott Hogan

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Toxx yourselves if you truly have faith in your season's predictions: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831115&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Buddy I've been posting here for twenty years and I haven't done a single Toxx yet and I don't intend to start now.

• Locked thread