Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hey folks, last night I had a dream where I was trying and trying to kill myself but I couldn't. Then when I woke up I was thinking about how the forums update is going. Just one data point for you, as far as interest goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Stymie posted:

the first step to addressing emotional problems is self-analysis and recognizing avoidance/distancing behaviors that reinforce negative thought patterns

if you're ever gripped by the need to post when you're out in the world, instead stop and focus on breathing, it's a proven strategy to fight anxiety

*takes a deep breath* blow it out your rear end, stymie.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

qirex posted:

if you eat a healthy amount of fiber blowing it out your rear end is no big deal it might even feel almost pleasant

gotcha. I checked my cereal and it has a lot of fiber but it doesn't say whether it's multimode or single mode.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Stymie posted:

well then here's a nutty thought: maybe do something other than post on said couch?

watch tv, read a book, play a video game, stare into space (i'd further suggest having a conversation, but let's be realistic here)

This is a bad point.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Smythe posted:

i remember when r1ch ported (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) to the TL forums. r1ch owns.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
R1ch made a quake mod where the enemies were running processes and you closed the processes when you killed them

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

akadajet posted:

momentum. i guess.

I think you mean inertia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

correcting someone is wrong tho

i was making the joke that php would have a quality that has a negative connotation rather than a positive one. didnt realize it wouldnt be clear to anyone else.

• Locked thread