Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
So I noticed that I had draft picks on my team page, and then noticed the setting for draft pick order was "Manually Set by League Manager". Just want to double-check, is that the setting we were going with, or should it be the "randomized one hour prior to draft time" one? I swear that's what was used in previous seasons. [I can't attest to last season because I stupidly took a nap on draft night.]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I don't remember what we did last time but I had someone asking me what the draft order was so I turned manual on, hit randomize once and set it. If that's not fair somehow I'll change it but I don't see how it would be unfair.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Hmm, didn't realize that there was a manual randomize button, that works then.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
:siren:REMINDER: The Draft is tomorrow night, 9/1 at 7:30pm EST:siren:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'll be phone drafting while at a live draft. Should be fun. :v:

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

The draft room is open now, make sure everything works!

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

GVOLTT posted:

The draft room is open now, make sure everything works!

poo poo, I should probably start studying.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
hey I finally got a good draft pick in this league

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Sataere posted:

I'll be phone drafting while at a live draft. Should be fun. :v:

I'm at work, so I feel you. Thank god for apps.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Well, everyone in this thread is definitely loving crazy so I figure cross posting this is okay:

GoonTier now has room for 2, one of our guys couldn't make the draft.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

GoonTier B needs TWO!!

Dues: 20 bucks

Draft: Sep 5 at 9pm est

Don't know what it is? Long story short, it's a relegation league similar to soccer. Top 3 in Tier B move up, bottom 3 in Tier A move down at the end of every season. Tier B is redraft and Tier A is keepers. Both use IDP and 0.5ppr. The three promoted teams have a supplement draft to select keepers before the actual draft.

Link: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828942

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Well we did it! I have no idea what I did and I need a new name cause All Along the Hightower took my dude the sonofabitch.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Epi Lepi posted:

Well we did it! I have no idea what I did and I need a new name cause All Along the Hightower took my dude the sonofabitch.

Taco's Truck'n

Wrath Of Kawann

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 2, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm annoyed that I autodrafted Watt because I showed up late, but also realize it could be a pretty great pick. Would rather have had Landon Collins or Khalil Mack. I definitely feel better about this draft more than last years.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My week 1 is mega hosed because of that postponed game. Enjoy that free win, Hooker

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My week 1 is mega hosed because of that postponed game. Enjoy that free win, Hooker
Wait what, they officially moved the game to week 11? I thought a neutral location was the desired position, because no team wants to play a 16-game schedule without a break. What a dumb decision.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

GVOLTT posted:

Wait what, they officially moved the game to week 11? I thought a neutral location was the desired position, because no team wants to play a 16-game schedule without a break. What a dumb decision.

gently caress Stephen Ross for being unwilling to give up a Home Game's worth of ticket sales.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Few games in for the day, turns out 3 of my players did awful anyway. I was going to suggest to you to pick up a DT for the week, but you might not have needed to anyway. Lost Lavonte David for the week, and might've chosen the wrong LB to replace him in my starting lineup.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I didn't want to drop any draft picks for a one week replacement this early. Looks like I might get lucky though!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
How's everyone feeling so far this season, now that we're about a quarter of the way through? How do you like the roster make ups and the scoring changes?

I certainly like seeing big rear end numbers for dudes but I can't decide if the big play bonuses make it too swingy. I think that's just the nature of IDP regardless.

I thought I liked my team and just hit bad luck to go 1-3 but it looks like 7 of the 12 teams have scored more points than me so maybe I need to re-evaluate....

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

My team is garbage without Myles Garrett. I'm enjoying it despite my poo poo record.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I like the new format. It's still too early to tell but so far so good.

I have way too many LBs now that Burfict is back and Shane Ray is still on IR too

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery
I set up similar scoring when I do leagues. 4-0 baby!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

this sucks poo poo and i'm bad at it now i don't know what the gently caress happened

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I like that after 3 years, I finally have a good team in this league and I'm at the halfway point barely scraping above .500

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Curse you stat corrections!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

GVOLTT posted:

Curse you stat corrections!

Stat corrections kicked me out of the playoffs in favor of Sacks for the Sack God. Since he's a real life friend of mine he made sure to rub that in. Of course he lost to another of our friends last week so ha!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

This league is terrible, because it is one of the few leagues I didn't make the playoffs in. Naturally, I assume the fault is with the rest of you and not myself and my three game losing streak to end the season. :D

I look forward to next year!

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Two-time champion! :toot:

It seems that luck favors me here whenever I completely bomb in my real leagues. I almost missed the playoffs here so I'm not even sure how I managed to pull it off. Definitely coming back again next year!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Teeter posted:

It seems that luck favors me here whenever I completely bomb in my real leagues. I almost missed the playoffs here so I'm not even sure how I managed to pull it off. Definitely coming back again next year!

If I had only played Harrison Smith drat you.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Teeter posted:

Congrats!

This is always one of my favorite leagues, which is why I took it over this year. I just wish I hadn't sucked so hard at it this year!

I fully intend to run it again and if anyone has any complaints or suggestions for improvement for next year please let me know!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My complaint is that I'm bad and my suggestion is to hand me the title. TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I finally had a good team in this league and got the assrammed by PF award and then limped out in the first round :rip:

• Locked thread