Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I definitely enjoyed the episode but I'm clearly bias. I want to like Jameis so bad because he's got a fun personality but can't bring myself to do it.

It did crack me up with the fan "Hey, can I get a picture of you?" while Riley Bullough stood there awkwardly for the picture by himself then then the fan asked who he was. You know he turned around and posted it on fb "Just met Riley Bullough! #bigfan".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

I definitely enjoyed the episode but I'm clearly bias. I want to like Jameis so bad because he's got a fun personality but can't bring myself to do it.

The cynical part of my brain is just constantly screaming "They're trying to give this rapist good PR" during every segment featuring him.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

I imagine being a fan of the team goes a long way with this series because I really enjoyed the first episode.

I did find it odd that Dirk had a Falcons helmet in his office but he had every team, pro and college, that he coached for there so I can sort of understand it.

Dirk is a stand up guy. Like when he shamed the Bucs great twitter troll. He knows when too far is too far when making fun of a downed opponent, a lesson the rest of the internet could benefit from imho

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I forgot about that and that poo poo was loving hilarious.

Dirk should have never apologized.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
He shouldn't. That was probably the best 28-3 troll out of the millions of attempts. It was a pretty pro troll.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Doronin posted:

God I miss that show. I never, ever missed a week of that show when they were hosting. You got really good analysis, the best highlights... ~*memories*~

Yeah, it really was a drat good show. Who was the announcer doing the highlights? Always enjoyed the quips.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

WampaLord posted:

The cynical part of my brain is just constantly screaming "They're trying to give this rapist good PR" during every segment featuring him.

Fwiw he's like that all the time. Trying to edit him into a sinister actor is hard when he's constantly on camera and interacts with others the way he does

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, it really was a drat good show. Who was the announcer doing the highlights? Always enjoyed the quips.

I think it was Harry Kalas. He was the guy that succeeded John Facenda as the voice of the NFL. As I recall, he died a year or two after HBO dropped the show.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I forgot about that and that poo poo was loving hilarious.

Dirk should have never apologized.

It really was and should be posted in this thread.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Prolly should be in the OP, tbh

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

Prolly should be in the OP, tbh

Good call.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
You can watch the full first episode here if you don't have HBO.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/895681761065263104

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

:3: at snoop dogg cameo

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I completely forgot Djax went to the Bucs

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Aguayo cut scene is going to be crushing.

I'll still watch it cause Bengals.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Eifert Posting posted:

The Aguayo cut scene is going to be crushing.

I'll still watch it cause Bengals.

It's happening:

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Sports/status/897191658915233793

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Blargh, the cuts are always my least favorite part of Hard Knocks. It sucks watching people's dreams die. :(

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Pale Horse posted:

Blargh, the cuts are always my least favorite part of Hard Knocks. It sucks watching people's dreams die. :(

As I said earlier, it is entertaining to see them get picked up on another team and excel and the coach gets shitcanned the next year along with a lot of his brain trust because they knew better.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don't get enjoyment when any of my brothers in Christ go through turmoil

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/897518442000949248

Going to rough to watch.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 15, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Can't wait.

Like, dude, you had ONE job.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo even his teammates were bagging on him

"Watch this y'all! I'm calling it wide left!"

*shanks kick wide left*

"See! I told you!"

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Joey Freshwater posted:

*shanks kick wide left*

"See! I told you!"

If that was the last episode that was Folk, I'm fairly sure.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

If that was the last episode that was Folk, I'm fairly sure.

It's within the first 3 seconds of that twitter video. It's definitely Aguayo

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's within the first 3 seconds of that twitter video. It's definitely Aguayo

I saw the video later yeah. Sorry didn't click that twitter video.

Someone did the same thing to Folk in the first episode.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Man, Grimes sitting on the couch looking like he wants to die while Miko talks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Chris Baker is out of his mind. I could watch a show on him all day. Just going all in on those kickers in practice.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

man Jameis, was to bring down the mood.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Gerald McCoy doing a real life recreation of this skit with Ed Hochuli loving slayed me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJb2iLvOKE

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

*shanks kick wide left*

"See! I told you!"

I feel sad for him :smith:

https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/897539334168956928

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
They were heckling Folk as well. They went 3/7 and 4/7 on FGs that day.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

They were heckling Folk as well. They went 3/7 and 4/7 on FGs that day.

Good. Bad kickers should be heckled relentlessly.

You have literally one job. Everyone else has to do multiple things, you have ONE JOB.

timp posted:

Gerald McCoy doing a real life recreation of this skit with Ed Hochuli loving slayed me

I just got to this part. Oh, McCoy, you scamp. :allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Big if true

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gerald McCoy has cracked me up in two consecutive shows now. I like seeing more of their personalities, it makes me like them more

e: drat Miko dem titties

e2: Jameis makes it hard not to like him. The 3rd string QB got hurt and Jameis saw the Oline guys that were in at the time laughing and joking and he walked over to them "glad y'all are having fun...Ryan just hurt his shoulder, but y'all keep on having fun" and walked off.

The Oline guys sat there and looked like they just got put in time out.

e3: drat watching Aguayo get cut was brutal

e4: I love watching NFL dudes geeking out over Game of Thrones

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 17, 2017

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Goddamn Jameis seems like a colossal pain in the rear end to have as a teammate.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How so? He seems super endearing to his teammates.

I mean McCoys kid seems to love him, coaches all talk him up, his receivers are in awe..

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bip Roberts posted:

Goddamn Jameis seems like a colossal pain in the rear end to have as a teammate.

Miko approves, not sure what else you're looking for.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yeah he seems like a phenomenal leader what the heck?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Breaking News: Something Awful Forums Poster Cannot Stand To Be Around Friendly, Outgoing People

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
fwiw it sounds like the Bears picked up Aguayo right after he was dropped, so at least he still has a shot at a career!

There was a scene during this episode where Aguayo was having a particularly good practice and his coach kept saying "That's it, 'Berto! 'Berto's on fire today!" etc, stuff like that. And for some reason I imagined they were talking about the giant pink Nintendo character Birdo while saying that and as a result that whole scene made me chuckle pretty sensibly. "There ya go Birdo!! You're doing it! Birdo's hot today!"

• Locked thread