Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

precision posted:

I liked those as a teenager but refuse to revisit them after that super-pedo horror novel he wrote, which I refuse to Google the name of (Firefly? Firebug?)

Firefly. It's about a five-year-old girl named Nymph (no, loving seriously) who falls in love with her molester and develops psychological problems later in life because the evil authorities took him away from her.

Which might barely be excusable -- after all, Bret Easton Ellis wrote American Psycho but he's not a serial killer, right? -- but Firefly also includes an "Author's Note" discussing the issues raised in the book that skates just up to the edge of justifying pedophilia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Selachian posted:

Firefly. It's about a five-year-old girl named Nymph (no, loving seriously) who falls in love with her molester and develops psychological problems later in life because the evil authorities took him away from her.

Which might barely be excusable -- after all, Bret Easton Ellis wrote American Psycho but he's not a serial killer, right? -- but Firefly also includes an "Author's Note" discussing the issues raised in the book that skates just up to the edge of justifying pedophilia.

but other than that, how was the play, mrs lincoln

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Whistling Death posted:

Xanth books are good.
Also creepy and sexist as gently caress.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
lets take a moment to reflect on the fact the dude has several books with pedophilia in it and wrote a book wherein a 30 year old man having sex with a 5 year old girl is depicted as romantic and mutual and the jury cries about how in love they are and that no one has a search warrant for him yet

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Has Brooks really done anything to warrant having Piers Anthony, a literary supervillain, discussed in a thread ostensibly about him? Dude's wretched but doesn't advocate for sex crimes AFAIK

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lets take a moment to reflect on the fact the dude has several books with pedophilia in it and wrote a book wherein a 30 year old man having sex with a 5 year old girl is depicted as romantic and mutual and the jury cries about how in love they are and that no one has a search warrant for him yet

Also that the Color of Her Panties was like the 15th book in a series and instead of having cuffs slapped on him, he was allowed to keep writing like 20 more

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Uhh Shannarah is dumb but word and void is pretty okay for genre fiction until he decides to link them up like an idiot.

Because the Shannarah world is a post apocalyptic earth, the elf kingdom is in loving Oregon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lightning Lord posted:

Has Brooks really done anything to warrant having Piers Anthony, a literary supervillain, discussed in a thread ostensibly about him? Dude's wretched but doesn't advocate for sex crimes AFAIK

Yeah I apologize for my part in the derail, just, holy poo poo Piers Anthony is a mega-creep. I just read excerpts from Firefly and now I need another shower.

I do remember enjoying the first 3 Shannara books, back when I thought Weis & Hickman were "great writers" :v:

(To be fair, I'll still go to bat for their Death's Gate and Rose of the Prophet series)

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
Quit loving a Child and Read Some Piers Anthony

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

chernobyl kinsman posted:

Quit loving a Child Piers Anthony

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Mel Mudkiper posted:

chernobyl kinsman posted:

Quit loving a Child, Piers Anthony

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Lightning Lord posted:

I think I was the first to mention Anthony, my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
the elf stones changed this thread

• Locked thread