Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Krystal's Favorite

All family disputes must be settled by the immortal arbitrator.

Also get Julia some sort of mad science lab asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

inscrutable horse posted:

Ultimogeniture!

Yessss. All wealth to the youngest!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I have a couple of ideas for Home Improvement down the line, because right now Secret Mad Science Lab sounds perfect

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Hold a contest of some sort. Actually since Kane is evil perhaps he should wall in whoever places last out of the three, in their room. (Along with any offspring if the contest was to breed.) Number two gets to live and stay in the house, childless. The winner gets the privilege of continuing the family line.

Would death even be able to get there? I guess their ghost would leave the room and get caught though.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 30, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Loser of the death match has their remains stored in the bathroom as a warning that failure will not be tolerated.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

RA Rx posted:

Hold a contest of some sort. Actually since Kane is evil perhaps he should wall in whoever places last out of the three, in their room. (Along with any offspring if the contest was to breed.) Number two gets to live and stay in the house, childless. The winner gets the privilege of continuing the family line.

Would death even be able to get there? I guess their ghost would leave the room and get caught though.

Kane already lost the deathmatch :(

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Great Mate Off

I'm also in favour of acquiring relics to increase the value of the bunker. World Adventures is fun.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

I need to find out who daddy loved the most.

For that, I need to wait for his ghost.

Julia enters the music career. Trying to leverage that star power.

Tuesday for Journalism, I might be able to leverage one off the other!

Monday 6:41am

It can't help to go down the line a bit.

Town hall. How romantic.

Julia is still morning her dad. I think it may be a bit soon for dating.

6:23pm

Well, SOMETHING is happening at the hospital.

Krystal. Are you trying to raise the dead?

Elvira rushes into the building. Dealing with this major emergency nets us a cool $4,000!

Once Krystal returns home, she begins on the next portrait – this time of Tuesday.

Tuesday 12:20pm

It's time for everyone to go to work.

The cash flows in and Raul gets a promotion.

I then collect the stipend from our businesses. This is a nice amount of cash!

Weds 5:08pm

We become partners in the local store.

Then the book shop. This nets all three kids 3,500 points! We should also see a nice amount of money coming in every week.

Julia finds someone she is attracted to. He's married, but when has that stopped an Enterprise?

Thurday 6:00pm

It's promotion time!

The twins then both decide they want a trampoline.

This is a hit with the family.

Friday 10:00am

It seems the vampire contagion continues to spread. All of Rauls colleges are undead, giving them an unfair advantage in the sporting arena.

8:05pm

Rual gets his date, with a vampire colleague. He soon finds out she's married. No one seems to be faithful in Bridgetown!

After becoming friends (which improves the teammates requirement for work) Raul steals a lamppost. I'm so impressed by this I put it in the garden.

Saturday 6:00pm

Raul and Julia are storming up their careers. Shame Dad hasn't put in an apperance, so I can't find out who the heir is. Mum hates everyone but Tuesday, as does Krystal. Tuesday is also the most work to become the heir.

I decide to adopt a pet – and how could I not choose Fred up there in the corner! Welcome to the house Fred.

The dawning realization of what he's let himself into.

Right. No sign of dad, so I need a backup plan for the heir. Otherwise I'm going to choose one myself.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

When I grow up I'm going to go to Rual's Undead College.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Finally, Julia has hair!

I don't know if you'd be willing to go to the effort, Grey Hunter, but you should put the potential heirs into some kind of Thunderdome and they can fight over daddy's money.

Or they can just battle it out with lawyers and assassination plots like real rich people. Up to you.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Right. No sign of dad, so I need a backup plan for the heir. Otherwise I'm going to choose one myself.
Whichever one Fred decides to interact with first.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"One of the periods regarded of low interest by historians due to its lack of major events in the Enterprise dynasty was the first choosing of the Heirs, the amicable exchange of the crown pending on interaction with a newly adopted pet cat: Fred, was the most significant event to happen during that time. Hence, from then on, the Line began to name their cats 'Kingmaker'."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Quantum Toast posted:

I was going to rename him Thing, but Fred with that expression meant I had to leave him.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Do you have an older save you can check back on for the relationship?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

The idea of a race to pump out a unit was to ensure that there was a next generation before anything was finalised. Kane's adventures in Cougar Town kinda scared me.

ScreamingLlama posted:

I don't know if you'd be willing to go to the effort, Grey Hunter, but you should put the potential heirs into some kind of Thunderdome and they can fight over daddy's money.

But this is good too.

Fight...well, spar with the Martial Arts skill; the beginner's book should be (occasionally) available at least at the consignment store, but you might also be able to buy the training dummy in Buy Mode.

Read and/or train until they reach white belt, then stop. Cycle the competitors; Raul to Julia, Julia to Tuesday, Tuesday to Raul for odd rounds, Tuesday and Raul, Julia and Tuesday, Raul and Julia for even rounds. After each round, count the victories. First to defeat both rival siblings twice is heir.

(If there's somehow a two-way tie, spar to break the tie. Three-way goes to three victories, and so on if necessary, or wait for Kane to show up and declare his least disgust idk.)

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Quantum Toast posted:

I like the sound of this - let the current family pet choose every generation.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Meet the Heirmaker.

This is of course the exact moment that Kane decides to manifest. Typical. His relations have been reset it seems, so plan A would not have worked anyway.

Fred sleeps on his descision.

Sunday 10:52am

Tuesday starts a new book. Real or metaphorical I have to ask.

Frank is taking his time on making his choice.

7:13pm

The exact wording was “the first he interacts with” and getting annoyed with Julia's music counts as interaction. Congratulations Julia.

Monday 4:22am

She gets a couple of romance boosting perks.

Raul masters the athletics track, and works out for 6 hours, so he's well up on lifetime perks as well.

Julia is also the first of the three heirs to have a proper interaction with Fred, so she wins again!

6:30pm

Tuesday gets a promotion. We then collect $11,000 from our properties.

Julia goes on a date and sparks fly.

Clinton is of course married, but we can work with that.

Tuesday 6:00pm

It's another double promotion day!

Krystal gets the extra creative perk, which means her paintings should be really worth something now!

A shipping company is the next addition to our portfolio.

The Heirmaker continues to support his decision.

Thursday 12:00am

Julia is cruising the art gallery looking for men. Clinton is refusing to move on and leave his wife, so Slayer here is a vampire and single. There is also a mutal spark.

Nope.

Another promotion for Tuesday.

10:00pm

Another man, another rejection.

There is always time for the fans.

This turns into an impromptu concert.

Friday 8:00pm

I prepare for another heir making party. Brusier makes it hard for Tuesday to play.

What follows is much inefficient socializing with married men and women.

Saturday 4:30pm

Tuesday continues her book.

The other two get a promotion.

Krystal paints her first masterpiece!

11:30pm

Raul and Julia and Tuesday crash a party.

Everyone in this town is apparently married!

And terrible parents.

Yay. Spouse hunting is hard!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Source spouses from foreign lands. Turn at least the spares into Prepared Travellers beforehand to extend the vacation time. Make them go on adventures (or don't - they'll have nine days with two LTRs in play, but those relics are seriously the value-boosting prize you seek) while Julia peruses the foreign meat market.

Considering the primary mission, the destination should be France. Ooo la la.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I just reread the OP and you said that adopted Sims count as part of the bloodline. Basically what I'm saying is you need to double your dating pool and mack on some hot mamacitas.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Disable your mod that keeps Sims from getting trapped, throw a party in The Bunker, and start trapping the wives in a prison on the lowest level.

Let'em starve to death and open up the dating pool a bit.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 3, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
If a baby is left outside on the ground like that it means they're up for grabs. Free heir right there.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Go to FRANCE

get dat euro tang bae

ZiegeDame posted:

If a baby is left outside on the ground like that it means they're up for grabs. Free heir right there.

I vote for this

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Never go on vacation, it's too buggy. Importing people should work, though, try long-distance friends via phone or computer.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Monday 10:00am

Time for another party!

And another chance for Julia to get rejected!

Tuesday 3:22am

In comes the cash!

6:00pm

Some maniac is at it again.

Raul gets a promotion.

I use the money to get a book store.

Raul ages up, but reverts back to that god dammed haircut!

Weds 11:30am

Julia gets asked on another date by a married man.

What. The. Hell.

Julia spends the day cruising the art gallery looking for men. They re all married, hate her, or like the guy above, just plain crazy.

Thursday 2:38am

Fred's getting better attention than the last batch of pets.

11am

I take Raul and Julia on a night out. This paparazzi is a little up close and personal.

I NEARLY get this guy to break up with his wife, but then Julia takes a break to have a photo taken! I'm cursed!

While I try and recreate the moment, I notice Raul doing very well for himself in the background!

Friday 3:00am-

They get kicked out of the club, just as Raul was going in for his first kiss!

6:00pm

The late night has a few side effects.

Elvira is involved in a big fire – all on her own without backup or a truck!

Saturday 6:00am

After 16 hours of fire fighting, She finally takes her axe to the wood of the glass door. She then bugs out and refuses to save anyone.

Julia gets Clinton to leave his wife! Then immediately heads off to work! Dammit!

You can miss a day of work – we need an heir!

No messing around – speed is of the essence here!

The wedding area gets a quick upgrade.

The only witness to the wedding is the ever present press.

Clinton is of a decent age, but has not skill in his chosen profession of painting.

Raul rushes to clean the gunk from the Gene pool.

No! The Croctopod God shall be angry with this mistake!

Gods anger is swift as electricity and water mix.

Who the hell is Alonzo? Everyone else (including Fred the cat) rush to morn the passing of an Enterprise!

Rual's ghost makes a break for it, lest he be trapped in this bunker for the rest of eternity!

He pleads for escape, and members of the family try to play chess with death for his life, but they get caught in the narrow corridors of the bunker.

Rauls Tomb is sealed for eternity.

The Gene Pool has taken a life – do we repair it, replace it, or move on to another system?

What should the next generations name be?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
May flights of gold flamingos sing thee to thy rest.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Attempt to repair it with Tuesday. Move onto the haystacks system if we lose another day, as it were.

Oh god, the spouse's name is Clinton? Name their kid(s) Buttery Maelz Enterprise. I will happy defer to a good joke in the same vein.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Giant Haystacks sounds like a good option for a bit of "special wrestling"

Also please build Viet Cong / Cambodian style tunnel systems, with the exits being hidden near the property edge. From a practical point of view they could serve as a fire escape or alternative route to run to challenge death, or run away from him

Strange Forest
Mar 4, 2015
I'm genuinely sad to see Raul go like that. Rest in peace, cornrows boy

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Clinton, eh?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Clinton_(APA-144)

We're marrying down for sure, but I think we can allow it

simplefish fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 7, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We could go for a sponsorship deal. MBMBaM for a boy, MyFavMurder for a girl.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

RandomPauI posted:

May flights of gold flamingos sing thee to thy rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK395IBDmhQ#t=00m15s

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
What happened to giving the family members misspelled names? Come on, they are all descendant from Brusier, not Bruiser.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I would just replace it, no sense in putting our potential heirs at risk.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

BattyKiara posted:

What happened to giving the family members misspelled names? Come on, they are all descendant from Brusier, not Bruiser.

:psyboom:

holy poo poo i never noticed that

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Tuesday and Clinton will fix that Genepool or die trying. Julia isn't made of money!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ah yes, the song of the angels.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Make all efforts to restore The Gene Pool.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Make all efforts to restore continue to feed The Gene Pool.

:unsmigghh:

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Finally, an injection of DNA to keep the legacy going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

KKKLIP ART posted:

I would just replace it, no sense in putting our potential heirs at risk.

Wrong, the heirs were never ours, they were only on loan from the gene pool.

The gene pool giveth and the gene pool taketh away.

• Locked thread