Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'll make my official vote Business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Science!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
***Sits in research facility watching people vote for science.****

Well, they say write what you know!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Given this is a Goon-driven thread, I can't help but assume Brusier is going to probably wind up mentally unwell and/or a serial killer.

So clearly we need to build an underground survivalist bunker in our park, rather than a proper house.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Science!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Science (then business)

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
I don't know sims, do we name our house?

Eniwetok.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Given this is a Goon-driven thread, I can't help but assume Brusier is going to probably wind up mentally unwell and/or a serial killer.

So clearly we need to build an underground survivalist bunker in our park, rather than a proper house.

Also, in game too.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Quikc reminder to people that what I meant wasn't going into Science forever, but only becoming a guinea pig briefly so he could build a place to live in so he wouldn't be the bussiness hobo

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
Don't worry Siegkrow, I believe most people voting Science! also chose if for that reason.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I just think Business and Politics are the most appropriate choices because we're basically going to build a cross between Patrick Bateman and Frank Underwood with the way SA voting goes.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

First things first, Bruiser needs a job. And as a experienced Hobo, he knows that the science labs are always looking for someone willing to put their body on the line in the name of science.

Thank god the Mayor of Bridgetown had decreed that all public transport was to be free.

The Laandgrab Science Facility. Most of the labs were underground to not spoil the ascetic, but the building was a hub of science and technology.

The interview was a strange one. Once they had double checked his name was real, (happens all the time.) He was then given a less than though grilling by a post doc, an undergrad and a Line manager.
He was a little surprised when he was told the key skills were not to be any form of scientific knowledge or mathematical skills, but a keen interest in Gardening and fishing.
What kind of lab was this?
At $48 an hour just to be tested, Bruiser decided he didn't care and took the job.

To celebrate he took a swim in the ornamental pond. He kept telling himself that the green glow was from the poor choice of tiles. But this was an opportunity for cheap fun.
Three hours of swimming later. He decided it was time to go an meet some people. He decides to head to a local bar.
I ordered him out of the pool, and he got right back in!

The thing about Bars is that they throw away the best stuff! A quick dumpster dive is hard to resist.

Smelling of Garbage, he enter Weylon's Haunt.

All eyes are immediately on Brusier.

He immediately strikes up a conversation with a girl with questionable fashion sense called Matilda Smart. She seems to mistake Bruisers odour for that produced by exercising, and strikes up a conversation. Brusier does not correct her.

She's a friendly person, and conversation soon turns to his new career as a lab rat. He also explains he is new in town.

This is followed by a game of Fooseball with Harry Marks.

He treats himself to a $4 bowl of Natchos. He needs to push harder to save money, but for this first day, he can live a little.

He then takes a trip to the library – while he is looking for a book on gardening, he picks up “A Game of Thorns” and gets sucked in.

It's 5:00am before he returns home to sleep on his bench. Thankfully, he's not needed at work until 1:00pm. He wakes at 8:00am all refreshed and ready to go.

One good thing about his location is that the corner store is only a short walk away.

Ahh, the siren song of the dumpster.

Its from there to work. Smelly, hungry and tired.

While he got on well with his boss, his mood did not put him in the right frame of mind. He got paid, but did nothing for his career.

It was time to take the mooching to the next level.

Walking the streets, he meets Alexi Fresco, a minor celebrity. Both wearing street cloths, they hit it off.

A short chat later and he is invited to Alexi's swanky penthouse flat.

Where he immediately heads for bed and a good nights sleep in a comfy bed. Alexi and Harry Marks don't quite know what to make of this, but neither are going to kick this sticking drifter out.

It takes until 3:30am before Alexi snaps, waking Brusier by simply turning the light on. He's mostly rested however.

4:00am, and he's back in the lobby.

A trip to the local spar nets him a shower. Now he just needs to find some food.

His grill apparently needs a fridge to work, so its a trip to the other park for some hotdogs. The breakfast of champions.

Its then back to work, a much happier man!

At the end of the day he now has $500 to his name.

What do we do now

Try and improve our lot as a test subject or move to a different career?

We have some money! We can't quite afford a bed AND a shower, but which should we target – or is there something else we need?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I'm going to argue for more science and a Shower

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Better Street Clothes, obviously.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Shower. We can get rest by sleeping in other people's beds.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Shower for all the dumpster diving vote deleted, left it here in case votes stick

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 16, 2017

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Even if you're a hobo, people are more likely to let you mooch you if you're not completely a ragged, stinking mess. Get a shower, maybe some nice clothes. Keep working as a test subject for now until we get a nice suit. Then we can change career paths to business or politics.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Will $500 buy enough water tiles and a ladder for pool?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I'll be contrarian and say Science and bed. If he can keep going to the gym for free showers, that's not an immediate problem.

Besides, there still exists cheap apartments in Tokyo without showering/bathing facilities--residents are expected to go use the public bath in the neighborhood.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He obviously needs a Fridge for his grill. He's got a place to mooch a bed and a place to mooch a shower, but the food situation is dire.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Bed. Having the best bed is the most important thing. Good mood modifier and a huge time saver.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Going to go with bed. It's a lot easier to find public showers and napping on park benches doesn't give you that great a moodlet or a full sleep bar. Keep going with science to get more money, but if he's ever about to promote it's time to move on.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I vote shower

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
$48/hr huh? TIL I need to become a test subject.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hopeandjoy posted:

Going to go with bed. It's a lot easier to find public showers and napping on park benches doesn't give you that great a moodlet or a full sleep bar. Keep going with science to get more money, but if he's ever about to promote it's time to move on.

I'll go with this.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Flavius Belisarius posted:

§48/hr

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Flavius Belisarius posted:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

what's the inflation-adjusted/PPP-adjusted conversion rate between simoleans and 2017 US dollars?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Leperflesh posted:

what's the inflation-adjusted/PPP-adjusted conversion rate between simoleans and 2017 US dollars?

Let's check the human test subject salary index...

Leon Cross
May 10, 2016
Getting started on your ocean....I mean, pool is clearly the kind of thing a man like Enterprise would start on.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
I feel like none of these are good options and the most realistic thing would probably be to blow our money on something completely loving stupid, like lawn flamingos

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Fridge for the grill situation.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Bloops Crusts posted:

lawn flamingos

:yeah:

Skanky Burns
Jan 9, 2009
What is white, rectangular, and floats in space? A Fridge.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Shower - 5
Bed - 4
Fridge - 3
Flamingos and an early poor death - 2

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grey Hunter posted:

Shower - 5
Bed - 4
Fridge - 3
Flamingos and an early poor death - 2

You're in the pocket of Big Lawn Gnome, aren't you? :tinfoil:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Take a shower you smelly bum!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're in the pocket of Big Lawn Gnome, aren't you? :tinfoil:

You want to waste our money on a Gnome themed garden section later on, that's fine by me - for now, I think we should concentrate on the basics for survival!

I'll also hit the bars to see about making some more friends. We need to look for a wife at some point as well, as she'll bring more money in - but for now we need to find out who is available!

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

You have to rise to a certain station in life in order to have access to the full array of bad decisions. Shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Find the richest person in town and just marry them.

• Locked thread