Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

PurpleXVI posted:

I love the mental image of a ghost hiding in the bathroom from Death.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no ghosts in here, just a normal mortal human being, taking a dump!"

"Ugh, I don't want to risk walking in on that. I'll come back another day."

Also does this mean you could technically achieve immortality by having someone in a labyrinth where the Death can't catch up to them?

I can't find it but wanted to put in the comic with the cat that convinces death to spare him again from a pack of dogs.

cat is like 800 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

I got it at 21, no awful side effects here except having to spend a week being itchy, itchy, itchy and covered in some white, cool zinc solution thing that was supposed to make things less itchy, but in fact just made things both itchy AND sticky. :v: I think it being worse with age is literally just an old wives' tale with nothing to it.

I also didn't even know there was a chickenpox vaccine, considering that we vaccinate for just about everything here in Denmark, I'm a bit baffled as to why we aren't vaccinating for that as well. Maybe it has some side effect issues?

The Vaccine came out 2001 in the US. I don't know if it's still the case but they wouldn't give it to anyone over 16 at the time because of some of the risks involved.

At least from how I understand it the risks involved with not getting it as a kid revolve around how high your fever gets. Chicken pox virus doesn't get affected until you're over something like a 102 F fever. Which for a kid is a bad week but not threatening. persistent 102+ fever in adults *can* be hospitalization or long term damage as your body isn't supposed to be that hot anymore.

Interesting medical article had a theory that kids body temps are higher specifically so they can fight off childhood diseases better. Once you're an adult and have a fully developed immune system there's (normally) not as much of a need to keep your body temp elevated so your overall temp drops around/after puberty.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Angrboda posted:

Considering the way that townies die at the bunker, all they need to do is throw a party and invite the older townsfolk. That'll keep ol' Grim on the lot long enough for Tuesday to (hopefully) successfully flirt with Death and for him to join the household.

It'll be the party of a lifetime!

Be sure to serve Salmon Moose

• Locked thread