Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-A2mr2jREk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Joe Lieberman

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Wait why did Khrushchev get kicked out of Disneyland?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Didn't get the concept of a hidden Mickey and drugged a performer

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

On his LA day, he toured 20th Century Fox, then was headed for Disney when [Disney staff/the Soviet planners delete as your mind is led] decided it would be a security threat and pulled the plug last minute and commented the following the next day:

We have come to this town where lives the cream of American art. And just imagine, I a premier, a Soviet representative, when I came here to this city, I was given a plan — a program of what I was to be shown and whom I was to meet here. But just now I was told that I could not go to Disneyland. I asked: ‘Why not?’ What is it, do you have rocket-launching pads there?’ I do not know. And just listen — just listen to what I was told — to what reason I was told. I was told they cannot guarantee your security if you go there. What is it? Is there an epidemic of cholera there or something? Or have gangsters taken over the place that can destroy me? Then what must I do? Commit suicide?"

He did not commit suicide.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Can't believe he was elected POTUS decades later.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Remember when Trudeau protested against himself.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

khazar sansculotte posted:

HUMILIATION FOR LOSER CLEGG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OapxEL3jEsk

now he's president of global affairs at Meta lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Eat This Glob posted:

peter thiel was once in elon musk's mclaren F1 hypercar and asked elon what it could do and elon was like "check THIS out!!" and promptly crashed and totaled the car. dumbass should have been driving faster imo

thiel apparently never wears a seatbelt

ah what could have been

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Weka posted:

Obama had gay crack sex. Only good thing he ever did

On that note: Andrew Gillum.

DMCrimson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OapxEL3jEsk

now he's president of global affairs at Meta lmao

He has achieved shitlib nirvana

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Eat This Glob posted:

peter thiel was once in elon musk's mclaren F1 hypercar and asked elon what it could do and elon was like "check THIS out!!" and promptly crashed and totaled the car. dumbass should have been driving faster imo

I didn’t know that F1 cars had passenger seats, even

a friend of mine has been a passenger with Elon driving and said he drove like a dangerous rear end in a top hat through neighbourhood streets and such, unsurprisingly

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Weka posted:

Obama had gay crack sex. Only good thing he ever did

Lol

Yeah I run out too sometimes

Obama and Jay Z laughing at little homie buttigeig when he asks to be invited to the gay illuminati orgy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Spergin Morlock posted:

Obama and Jay Z laughing at little homie buttigeig when he asks to be invited to the gay illuminati orgy

you must be at least this tall to attend the Illuminati Blood and Sodomy Frenzy Orgy and Mixer.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

uber_stoat posted:

you must be at least this tall to attend the Illuminati Blood and Sodomy Frenzy Orgy and Mixer.

"with those thin lips, Pete? I'd never live it down"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

projecthalaxy posted:

Have gangsters taken over the place that can destroy me?

Khrushchev ruled.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Javid posted:

The best part was that Bill Clinton was in the room saying "uhh you guys gotta campaign in these states" and they were like shut up old man we've got this

Makes me wonder if he got an "I told you so" out of it.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Subjunctive posted:

I didn’t know that F1 cars had passenger seats, even

a friend of mine has been a passenger with Elon driving and said he drove like a dangerous rear end in a top hat through neighbourhood streets and such, unsurprisingly

confusingly, mclaren who does f1 racing had a model called the f1. it has a center driving position like an f1 race car, but there's two little seats to the left and right behind the driver. it was the fastest car in the world at one point. the f1, not the f1 race car.

...f1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_F1

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Eat This Glob posted:

confusingly, mclaren who does f1 racing had a model called the f1. it has a center driving position like an f1 race car, but there's two little seats to the left and right behind the driver. it was the fastest car in the world at one point. the f1, not the f1 race car.

...f1

wow 0-100 in under 7 seconds! so quaint

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Rowan Atkinson also crashed one.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Animal Friend posted:

Rowan Atkinson also crashed one.

imagine seeing an F1 crash and then a dazed Mr Bean stumbles out of it

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

then australian pm malcolm turnbull (famously called 'trumble' by trump) was criticised by the media for giving money to a homeless person.

this image is basically australian politics encompassed in an image when you notice his left hand.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Animal Friend posted:

then australian pm malcolm turnbull (famously called 'trumble' by trump) was criticised by the media for giving money to a homeless person.

this image is basically australian politics encompassed in an image when you notice his left hand.

Lmao, I've seen this picture before but didn't notice his left hand. Incredible

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MikeCrotch posted:

So many bozos like Robbie Mook had their careers derailed by that election lol

Trump killing the clinton and bush political dynasties will always be the best thing he did

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

projecthalaxy posted:

Got a free paperback version of this thread last night- K Blows Top by Peter Carlson, about the time Khrushchev came to the US at the height of the Cold War and spent 3 weeks driving around in a bus, doing bits, and getting thrown out of Disneyland immediately after Nixon went to the Soviet Union and got lost in a coal mine.

E: the Soviet PR team kept having plants appear in like fishing boats or the mining crew or even just swimming by Nixon's boat to demand to know why specific Senators had voted for the Captive Nations Bill or why the US still used fuel that decayed to Strontium-90 which is cool

Was that the time he let him drive the caddy around camp david and the secret service was losing their poo poo

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Tried to tear down the mickey statues

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
jon ossoff

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
I THOUGHT THE BITCH WAS WHITE

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

President Trump refers to Kurdish reporter as 'Mr. Kurd' at UN press conference

www.usatoday.com posted:

"Mr. Kurd, go ahead," President Donald Trump said Wednesday as he called on a Kurdish reporter to ask a question during a press conference at the United Nations in New York. 

And the reporter loved it. 

The man Trump called on was Kurdistan 24’s Rahim Rashidi. He went on to ask the president about U.S. relations with the Kurdish people and about Iranian influence in the region. 

Later, Rashidi tweeted that he was "#MrKurd & very proud." 

"Thank you Mr. @POTUS for recognizing Kurdistan's contribution in fight against ISIS," he said in the tweet. 

A New York Times reporter tweeted that Rashidi told him "I love it!" when he asked him about Trump calling him "Mr. Kurd." 

"He made me happy by this sentence," Rashidi told the reporter. 

Rashidi was actually the second Kurdish reporter to have an exchange with Trump. The first was Majeed Gly from the Rudaw Media Network. 

"I'm a Kurd," Gly explained to Trump ahead of his question. 

"Good. Good, great people," Trump responded. "They're great people, they're great fighters. I like them a lot. Let's go, I like this question so far." 

Gly asked what the U.S. would do to help the Kurds after they "helped the United States defeat ISIS."

"Well, we are helping them a lot, and we've been very friendly with them," Trump said. "And as you know, we've fought side-by-side and we have defeated ISIS, essentially, a very short while ago in the Middle East and we did it with a lot of help from the Kurds. And they are, they're great fighters. You know, some people are great fighters and some people aren't – the Kurds are great fighters. And they're great, great people." 

Like Rashidi, Gly had no problem with Trump calling one of them "Mr. Kurd." 

"I'm in no way offended by @realDonaldTrump or anyone calling me Mr. Kurd," he said. "I'm proud to be a Kurd. I actually take it was a compliment if you call me Mr. Kurd."

Others agreed with Gly and Rashidi. 

One of Gly's colleague's tweeted that Trump was not being disrespectful and said "Kurdishness is an identity most Kurds are openly proud of." 

But some people expressed indignation at the term and others viewed it as another presidential gaffe.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Eat This Glob posted:

...f1

it's good on driver San Francisco

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Imagining a reboot of The Office where all of Michael Scott's dialogue is Trump quotes and everyone else's dialogue consists exclusively of milquetoast lib twitter accounts' reactions to them.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

khazar sansculotte posted:

Imagining a reboot of The Office where all of Michael Scott's dialogue is Trump quotes and everyone else's dialogue consists exclusively of milquetoast lib twitter accounts' reactions to them.

No thanks I already lived through 2017-2021 once.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Havana Syndrome, the head of the CIA admitting Havana Syndrome's not real, agents being treated for Havana Syndrome nonetheless.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Howard Scream

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
god drat the three button suit era was a rough time for menswear

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Spergin Morlock posted:

snoop dogg stops thrusting and says "whoa, whoa. knock that off"
hhahhaah

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

is that a second life feature article i see in the corner?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Photoshop that so it's adam

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Assuming that photo was taken around the time of that ad being published, that guys like in his 40s now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mr. Lobe posted:

Assuming that photo was taken around the time of that ad being published, that guys like in his 40s now

have some respect, he burned to death in a tesla 3 years ago