Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
That's my bush wasn't even topical humor, it was just a really tired sitcom parody stuffed into the whitehouse for absolutely no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

helen walton's gotten busted for DWI like three times even though she could literally buy a person to drive her around. one of the times she ran over and killed a frozen food company employee. no charges were filed lol

One time I got a job interview from a capitalist who was pissed at her because she poached his butler.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Some people do it with hot sauce specifically because most places don't have hot sauce for obvious reasons. Everyone I've ever met who does it is completely untenable.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Are you confused about why most restaurants don't have hot sauce as a condiment?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Gum posted:

Am I about to learn some dark hot sauce secret

Hot sauce doesn't go well with a lot of stuff. That's the secret.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

I looked this up on BBC to see what the gently caress this was all about and , of course, the BBC is framing their departure as a principled stand against Corbyn/Labor's "anti-semitism"

It's funny because the Labour Friends of Israel just issued a statement straight up admitting it's about Israel and the anti-semitism they perceive is opposition to Israel.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B46oJlwqHWY

hale and hearty hillary, the picture of good health

:colbert:

What the gently caress is that, is that just some cough drops she had in her mouth?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Modest Mao posted:

the way trump speaks is actually really easy to listen to and it's absolutely in his favor and not embarassing.

Listening to Obama sounded official, but other than as a signal of education and power it wasn't like, fun.

Bush sounded universally dumb though yeah

I honestly couldn't read the whole thing because it was so full of filler and repetition. The way he talks I really want him to get to whatever dumbass point he's making and he never does because he's just riffing.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

marktheando posted:

Well that sounds pretty incompetent, but I'm confident still more competent than Theresa May.

Something important to understand about american sports is we don't have relegations, and in football's case, profits are even shared, so the floor for incompetence may be truly shocking for some. Just look at the case of Richie Incognito- he damaged every team he was on but people kept hiring him and starting him for 10 years.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

marktheando posted:

I have a feeling none of this is as staggering as Theresa May still somehow being Prime Minister after what feels like a decade of Brexit chaos.

IDK dude jimmy johnson singlehandedly dismantled the superbowl-dominating cowboys in the 90s out of spite.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

The funny thing is that the idea of it being exactly 7 was just a joke, it is just like "a small number of almonds", with the chef joking that it was exactly 7 every time. But the press is so loving stupid and credulous and power-worshipping that they took it seriously and decided it was evidence of what a brilliant scholar-king obama was that they perpetuated it.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The Daily's Show Trevor Noah DESTROYS massacred mine workers!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hmmm how strange that during the cold war, aliens visited us regularly, but now that communism has been defeated, the galaxy wants nothing to do with us.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Syncopated posted:

Haven't UFO sightings gone way way down after everybody got camera phones?

I think you'll find they've gone way down since the fall of the soviet union.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

mooyashi posted:

Mike Pence loves Garfield, which is the Penceiest poo poo ever

So does Lin Manuel Miranda.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

i thought this was mostly certain insurance plans becoming illegal because they were a scam

I remember a ton of people getting mad when their high deductible plans got cancelled for having too low of a actuarial value. "I don't need doctor's visits covered, I just want to know that if I get cancer it will be covered!" "But it won't be covered, that's why the actuarial value is so low." "I just like the peace of mind it brings!"

God keeping alive this stupid-rear end system was a terrible idea.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Lin-Manuel, you rock!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Remember when he married someone and made her change her first name, then divorced her and did it all over again

He didn't do it all over again- not only is his child bride keeping her first name, he's considering converting to her religion rather than the reverse.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

nah it was mainly tax evasion. although iirc the english were like "no you cant just wander around wherever you want killing indians and making farms" and the colonists didnt like that one bit either

The reason why england was being sticklers about taxes is that the american colonies were insanely expensive to maintain due to the high amounts of land theft and genocide constantly creating military conflict.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Like the tax thing was plan B after "stop murdering indians and taking their land" failed so bad they had the french & indian war.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The little red box with "hey fun fact, did you know that firefighters recovered almost 10,000 unidentified body parts after 9/11?!"

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Holy poo poo the AFL-CIO was on it lol

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
And there it was scrawled, on the side of the boat dock:
"You'll never leave Benson alive"

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The verge foxconn article which seems like it's gonna be a predictable level of insane and then goes on to be an entirely different level of insane.

https://www.theverge.com/21507966/foxconn-empty-factories-wisconsin-jobs-loophole-trump

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
For a time, they say expenses required the approval of a figure referred to exclusively as “Money Mama.”

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Didn't afghanistan also try to do some diplomacy after 9/11, like "gosh we'd do just about anything if you guys decided not to invade"

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Read Marx say that primitive accumulation is pre-capitalist and didn't continue, decided we need more of that.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Harrison died after 33 days in office due contracting bofa

Not quite so long.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if that is genuine amusement on Abe's face

It's not like he didnt know the kind of man he was dealing with, might as well be entertained by his antics

Didn't abe also dump his a moment later?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

TIE YOUR SHOES BITCH

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
My funny politics thing I'm remembering today is pretty much all the times a single moment of scab incompetence or psychosis instantly ended a strike. Sometimes it's not funny- scabs seem to end their own strikes by murdering union activists somewhat regularly. Sometimes, though, sometimes:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
She's had a lot of work done because of internalized self-loathing that I believe is the culprit. Everything she does (propositioning a nazi she didn't know to be the father of her child on camera, handcuffing herself ineffectively to twitter hq, etc.) is hilarious but man she is a depressing person.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
a failed real estate idiot who owed all of them money

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I uhhh thought he stole my gun.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Only Dogs Go To Heaven

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

what the gently caress is this

This was on a late nite show, it might have been colbert lol

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Seeing that buff GWB really makes you appreciate garrison

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
When the mob boss died he said "BARF!" and his prison gangs fell out of his pockets onto the pavement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Thinking of the B-Rock "The Islamic Shock" Hussein Superallah Obama birth certificate still makes me smile.

I cut out so many chuds from my life between 08-10...

This made me think of the phrase "the very beating heart of kenya" and I laughed, out loud.