Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Got a letter from Magnus Praeda! HP 24lb Laserjet paper is always a fine choice for stationery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

effika posted:

Got a letter from Magnus Praeda! HP 24lb Laserjet paper is always a fine choice for stationery.

Glad it arrived safely!

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Just received an awesome letter from inklesspen! I enjoyed the wax seal, I am getting me a sealing kit. Also you have inspired me to buy some Yama-dori.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Premature posted:

Just received an awesome letter from inklesspen! I enjoyed the wax seal, I am getting me a sealing kit. Also you have inspired me to buy some Yama-dori.

Fantastic! I myself received an excellent 4-page letter from Squats a few days ago, written with three different pens (!!!) on Tomoe River and sealed with Atelier Gargoyle wax in what I believe is gold.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Still checking my mail daily :(

Bills, bills, ...bills

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I haven't gotten anything either, don't feel bad

I'm also worried the one I sent got lost, it should have been there by now. Hopefully they're just busy and they didn't throw it dramatically into the fire in case my handwriting is contagious or whatever.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Still checking my mail daily :(

Bills, bills, ...bills

That's mine! It was only sent last week, but it's on its way. I'm still waiting for mine too.

K1ngFish3r
Mar 27, 2010

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I received half a letter; my correspondent was run over by a hurricane or somesuch and claimed he'd write a second half when he's not busy dealing with flooding.

Seems legit to me.

Sorry for the relative lack of content (and my garbage-rear end script, which I hope was legible). Has part two shown up yet?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Megabound posted:

That's mine! It was only sent last week, but it's on its way. I'm still waiting for mine too.

I'm looking forward to it! What's the plan for the next set? Do we respond to the people who wrote us?

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Haven't received anything in the mail yet myself, but I rest assured that dick doodles always find a way. :flaccid:

inklesspen posted:

Fantastic! I myself received an excellent 4-page letter from Squats a few days ago, written with three different pens (!!!) on Tomoe River and sealed with Atelier Gargoyle wax in what I believe is gold.

Hooray! I'm glad it arrived safely and, though it got scraped or smushed by something in the process, that the seal made it through the mail in one piece.

Iznogood
Jul 10, 2001

I have still not sent my letter I feel so bad but life is insane right now. I am contemplating getting in contact with my pen pal and paypaling him money for a new pen or something I feel horrible but I just never have time to sit down and write a letter. I'll try to make up for it that's for sure one way or the other.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Iznogood posted:

I have still not sent my letter I feel so bad but life is insane right now. I am contemplating getting in contact with my pen pal and paypaling him money for a new pen or something I feel horrible but I just never have time to sit down and write a letter. I'll try to make up for it that's for sure one way or the other.

I've had a bunch of messages from people saying they've been stumped on what to write and put it off. Don't feel too bad!

If you wanna tap out, lemme know and I'll find a volunteer to take your buddy. I'm sure one of you keeners has a second letter waiting to pour on the page.

Professor Shark posted:

I'm looking forward to it! What's the plan for the next set? Do we respond to the people who wrote us?

Up to you! Hopefully you'll have the address of your buddy, and the address of whoever wrote you, so write away if you've got the time and inspiration.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
I volunteer to fill in. I am always ready to write. ALWAYS.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah I can fill in too, the price of a stamp is cheaper than a therapist

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

It's me, it's me, I'm the super-jerk who is so late sending out his letter that anyone else who was late up until this point can feel better about themselves. Sorry, target, but it's in the mailbox with the flag up, so you should be getting it soon.

I got a very nice letter in a rainbow of inks from Kitchener, ON. There doesn't seem to be a SA handle in the letter, so I won't out them by real name, but thanks! I have had my eye on a couple of colors of Monteverde ink, and that Emerald Green was so pretty I think I'll have to order some soon. Like, later today soon.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah I can fill in too, the price of a stamp is cheaper than a therapist

And now we've got the name of the next letter exchange thread.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I just want to chime in and say: Even though I haven't received my letter yet, it's still been fun. I'm glad my letter was appreciated, and it's great that Unzealous wound up being my target- just because we were already penpals.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

atholbrose posted:

It's me, it's me, I'm the super-jerk who is so late sending out his letter that anyone else who was late up until this point can feel better about themselves. Sorry, target, but it's in the mailbox with the flag up, so you should be getting it soon.

I got a very nice letter in a rainbow of inks from Kitchener, ON. There doesn't seem to be a SA handle in the letter, so I won't out them by real name, but thanks! I have had my eye on a couple of colors of Monteverde ink, and that Emerald Green was so pretty I think I'll have to order some soon. Like, later today soon.

It in fact is an SA handle, WilliamAnderson is my handle. The only thing about the emerald green is that the bottle it came in didn't have a great seal and leaked all over my backpack once. Don't know if it's just that bottle, but if transporting it I'd test first.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Good to know it isn't just me, I was wondering if it got lost.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

WilliamAnderson posted:

It in fact is an SA handle, WilliamAnderson is my handle. The only thing about the emerald green is that the bottle it came in didn't have a great seal and leaked all over my backpack once. Don't know if it's just that bottle, but if transporting it I'd test first.

Ha. And I even searched for it -- or tried to at least.

Instead of transporting ink I usually go for a redundancy of pens.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

K1ngFish3r posted:

Sorry for the relative lack of content (and my garbage-rear end script, which I hope was legible). Has part two shown up yet?

Part two has arrived! I'm glad I'm not the only person who verbally berates themselves about their letterforms.

Biffmotron
Jan 12, 2007

I'm that guy. I thought I'd been clever and mailed my letter out forever ago, but it was actually sitting at the bottom of a bag for three weeks. It's on it's way now.

I got a really nice letter from Qatar, so thanks antipodal goon!

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Cool - you'll get a postcard soon, too, as I thought my letter wasn't up to snuff!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Had a nice surprise waiting for me today in the form of a Musubi diary from the lovely Kessel, who was kind enough to send me the journal that had been sitting in my cart for months that I had put off buying til I got some dental bills paid off. It's absolutely gorgeous and impressed me enough that I bought a second one for my friend. A surprise so delightful I actually jumped around my room a bit like a big dumb idiot. I got the matcha green wave pattern, which is fantastic because I am a matcha addict.

...Now I just need a green ink.

edit: Imgur is having problems and won't let me upload a photo, but trust me, it looks real good.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Buglord
I really want one of those journals but I have no idea what I'd use it for. I think it would be too pretty to ever write in and it would sit on a shelf unused which would be a tragedy in its own right.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You can feel good about supporting disabled artisans even if you never write a drat thing in it.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Buglord
I think I'll buy one (or three) once I have a job next year tbh

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The card that came with it is a brilliant idea. I write at a steep slant so using unlined paper drives me nuts, but TR paper is so thin that i can use the grid as a see-through mark to make my lines straight.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Biffmotron posted:

I'm that guy. I thought I'd been clever and mailed my letter out forever ago, but it was actually sitting at the bottom of a bag for three weeks. It's on it's way now.

I got a really nice letter from Qatar, so thanks antipodal goon!

I just got your letter last night! Thank you for the letter, pope cards, and sweet dragon. I was highly amused. :catholic:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Holy poo poo, I found a letter from Digital Raven stuck to the bottom of my mailbox. No idea how long that was there, but a spider was very unhappy when I moved it!

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Not got mine yet, but post to Qatar is very slow. Not worried yet, but I keep checking my mail box...

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Nothing here yet either, Auspost is pretty bad too.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Pixelante posted:

Holy poo poo, I found a letter from Digital Raven stuck to the bottom of my mailbox. No idea how long that was there, but a spider was very unhappy when I moved it!

Oh thank gently caress. I was wondering where that'd got to.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Nothing here yet, nbd, I just want mail.

I wish my person would say if they got mine, but I'm afraid to directly ask in case they hated it.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Still haven't got a letter here either, just gotta be patient yeah?

K1ngFish3r
Mar 27, 2010
I haven't gotten anything yet, but I live in a strange black hole in Austin where The Texas™ destroys/loses/delays mail for no reason.

Seriously, my mail service here is worse than it was up in Maine.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I live in a country where there is no postal delivery, where everyone/company has mailboxes that you have to collect from, and where until about 10 years ago, only main arterial roads had actual names. So, no mail for me yet, but I'm not too worried.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

I'm not too worried-- a bunch of people found it more of a challenge than they expected, myself included.

At some point, I'll probably call for volunteers to write to the people who don't have a letter by then.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
And just like that, a letter! Thanks, sender! Will take it home to read tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Just to chime in- I've no letter myself either. But given the problems my mail carriers tend to have in sorting mail, and also the number of others who are likewise without letters, I'm less worried.

• Locked thread