Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Teach posted:

And just like that, a letter! Thanks, sender! Will take it home to read tonight.

Awesome! Jawesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Just stumbled across this thread. I'm in if anyone wants a sub or a second round.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm down for sending out more to whoever.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

Awesome! Jawesome!

Gimme a week or so, I'll get a reply in the post. :)

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Did the guy from Denver get my postcard from Italy? I just checked back in here for the first time in a few weeks and didn't see anything about it arriving.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If you mean me, I haven't received one yet, but today was a holiday and yesterday was Sunday.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Still nothing :(

drat slow post

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I replied to your mail to me, Prof. So there's something in the post for you.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Professor Shark posted:

Still nothing :(

drat slow post

Me either. Oh well.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I also haven't gotten anything.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Who all hasn’t received or sent anything?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
I'm gonna take a look at the list later today and see what's AWOL. I think I might have also written to the wrong person because I added myself in without an email sign-up.

My system needs work before the Secret Santa in November!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Teach posted:

I replied to your mail to me, Prof. So there's something in the post for you.

Nice! I'm looking forward to it!

Heath posted:

Who all hasn’t received or sent anything?

I haven't received, but Megabound mentioned he posted it from Australia or something, so the other side of the world to me.

K1ngFish3r
Mar 27, 2010
I've sent but not received.

I'm pretty ok with that though since now I can claim that I'm consoling myself by buying new ink(s).

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I've sent but I don't think my recipient has got it yet.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

I haven't received, but Megabound mentioned he posted it from Australia or something, so the other side of the world to me.

I haven't gotten anything yet either, yours really should have arrived by now. I'll write you a second this week!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have both sent and received, although I think my buddy replied to me but it never arrived.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I've not received anything- but I did send!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I sent, but don't know if they got it. Haven't received.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
I am happy to write to anyone who is feeling lonely and letterless! Quality content, like my posting, is neither guaranteed nor should be expected.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Megabound posted:

I haven't gotten anything yet either, yours really should have arrived by now. I'll write you a second this week!

Weird :confused: Hopefully this week it'll come in

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
My new seal is ready for the next round, or for anyone who didn't get a letter this round.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That looks familiar, what is it?

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!

Heath posted:

That looks familiar, what is it?

Its the symbol of YoRHa from Nier. It's...complicated.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Aha, that’s where I knew it from. That’s pretty good.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Did the OP/organizer disappear?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Did the OP/organizer disappear?

Nope, just buried under work!

Send an email to fountainpenssa@gmail.com if you have not gotten a letter yet. Even if there's an original buddy letter in the post, you've earned a bonus round.

If you want to volunteer as a second round writer, post here or email. It'll be a fast-and-loose pairing since the numbers probably won't match. If you want to write more than one extra person, let me know that too!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I will send cool artsy postcards to anyone who wants one.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

unzealous posted:

My new seal is ready for the next round, or for anyone who didn't get a letter this round.

Did you get that made? I want a stamp, but it feels lame to get a generic initial in something so twee and nerdy. All I ever see in shops are the Herbin initial letters, a star, a sun, and maybe flower or two. Zzzz...

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Pixelante posted:

Did you get that made? I want a stamp, but it feels lame to get a generic initial in something so twee and nerdy. All I ever see in shops are the Herbin initial letters, a star, a sun, and maybe flower or two. Zzzz...

You can get custom ones on Etsy - any image you can dream up. They're cheap, too!

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

You can get custom ones on Etsy - any image you can dream up. They're cheap, too!

Who'd you use?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My response letter from Teach just came in, I'm going to assume my letter from Megabound was lost :smith:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Pixelante posted:

Who'd you use?

I haven't gotten any made yet, but I've seen the listings.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!

Pixelante posted:

Who'd you use?

For me I used This Group. They're a bit more expensive than your average etsy seal maker but I was impressed with their detail work and I knew the seal I wanted had a LOT of fiddly bits.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Another letter sent out to Teach today!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Did my buddy get a postcard?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Good news, a very battered and partially opened letter from Megabound came in today! I'll get a response letter written this weekend!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Wow! I thought I sent out my letter months ago, but I just found it in my filing cabinet. It must've fallen in there when I was sending other mail out. I'll send it this weekend. Sorry! I feel like a dick.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Good news, a very battered and partially opened letter from Megabound came in today! I'll get a response letter written this weekend!

Did the bookmark make it through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It did, and it is fitting in great!

I think it makes the cover a bit more tense.

Was that the first or second letter you sent? Hold off on writing another if it was the first!

• Locked thread