Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

It did, and it is fitting in great!

I think it makes the cover a bit more tense.

Was that the first or second letter you sent? Hold off on writing another if it was the first!

That was the first, really glad it finally arrived. Maybe Australia Post isn't so shocking after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K1ngFish3r
Mar 27, 2010

Heath posted:

Did my buddy get a postcard?

I think so, yes! I've been having an extremely hectic weekend but I'm about 95% confident that I got an artsy postcard from you.

I say 95% because I left it in the console of a car that wasn't mine and that car is now ~90 minutes away, but unless there's someone else out there sending artsy postcards written in Noodler's bad belted kingfisher that one was from you.

(If you PM me your address I'll write back - it might be a minute before I can recover the card.)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

K1ngFish3r posted:

I think so, yes! I've been having an extremely hectic weekend but I'm about 95% confident that I got an artsy postcard from you.

I say 95% because I left it in the console of a car that wasn't mine and that car is now ~90 minutes away, but unless there's someone else out there sending artsy postcards written in Noodler's bad belted kingfisher that one was from you.

(If you PM me your address I'll write back - it might be a minute before I can recover the card.)

That was me. I’ll PM it to you.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Just chiming in to say that a wonderful postcard and letter arrived a couple days ago from Canada, and that I’m going to write back soon and perhaps include a little something too! International letter post can be so hideously slow sometimes.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Second letter arrived from Professor Shark, thank you! Give me a week or so and I'll get a reply into the post!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Teach posted:

Second letter arrived from Professor Shark, thank you! Give me a week or so and I'll get a reply into the post!

Great to hear! If you remember, let me know when you send your letter, I want to gauge the time it takes to receive/ send them!

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
How horrible can one's handwriting still be in order to participate in this, if it's happening again at some point?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
There will be a secret santa exchange starting in a week or so if you wanna give it a try!

A lot of us found it harder than expected to write a letter. I must have tossed out twenty tries before I embraced the limitations of my handwriting, creativity, and unexcitingness. At least with the SASS, you can just mail $20ish worth of ink and optionally write a note too.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I opted for fancy postcards because at least the attractive part of it isn’t the side I wrote on.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pixelante posted:

There will be a secret santa exchange starting in a week or so if you wanna give it a try!

A lot of us found it harder than expected to write a letter. I must have tossed out twenty tries before I embraced the limitations of my handwriting, creativity, and unexcitingness. At least with the SASS, you can just mail $20ish worth of ink and optionally write a note too.

When I wasn't sure what to write I just wrote out the one visible page of the untitled romance novel from The Leftovers, but then my girlfriend saw it and told me to write a regular letter.

Edit: Also, if we're still writing letters in February, I'm totally writing spicy scenes from original romance novels for Valentine's Day

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 15, 2017

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah, I love Secret Santas and if there's a pen-centric one it spares me the agony of figuring out what to get and more of making an interesting choice for my target.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Its been about 3 weeks since I sent a letter to megabound. I'm not sure how long it should take but I'd think it should have reached them by now :(

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Pixelante posted:

Wait, what? Where?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Wait, what? Where?

Right here!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

You return letter arrives Professor Shark! I haven't read it yet but it's safe and sound.

Unfortunately Unzealous, your letter never showed up . :(

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Megabound posted:

You return letter arrives Professor Shark! I haven't read it yet but it's safe and sound.

Excellent!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

unzealous posted:

Its been about 3 weeks since I sent a letter to megabound. I'm not sure how long it should take but I'd think it should have reached them by now :(

It arrived today! Love the Nier Yorha logo.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I needed some replacement paper and asked my partner to get me some for Christmas, sending them a link after quickly looking online.

(Smaller, older pad on top of new, larger pad)

So yeah, I'll be sending out scrolls or huge Napoleonic era sized letters in the near future :doh:

Maybe I'll end up getting the 1.9mm nib now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Heads up Megabound and Teach: I have received both your replies and will post on my new ridiculously sized paper after Christmas when I have a new pen and a couple new inks to play with!

• Locked thread