Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
hello and welcome back to iron chef cspam season 2!!!!!!! i hope you enjoyed the first spin around and all the incredible food and construction materials that were presented during Ranch Week. if you havent seen it, here you go: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823171

today, we forgo the avarice of secret ingredients and focus on purity of body and mind and meal by inventing and designing and imagineering the perfect cspam diet. i welcome and invite all of you to join me in this endeavor. the rules are:

1) there will be only one secret ingredient, and you must use it in every dish. the ingredient's flavors should be emphasized in the dish, not hidden. celebrate them!!!
2) you must produce a three course meal. appetizer, main course, dessert. inventing an alcoholic refreshment to go along with the meal is a wonderful way to receive bonus points!!!
3) creativity is important, but so is edibility! there are starving kids in kansas that u should think about before wasting food in a dumb gag that you'll take a taste from and then throw out. make it tasty, then give us a trip report!!!
4) post your recipes!!! especially if its tasty, there is no greater joy in life than to share and be shared in return 🌹🌹🌹
5) the competition will run until the 20th at around midnight, so get your entries in! you've got two weekends to make your wildest fantasies into reality
6) remember this is the part of the dead gay comedy forum where shitposts go to have existential crises so try to have fun!!! also you wont win anything except the respect of your peers~~~~~~~
7) the rules are more like guidelines gently caress the police namaste

the focal ingredient is:

:siren: SPAM :siren:

:spampop:

feel free to experiment with other flavors of spam as detailed by this graded project that our secretary of energy almost failed: http://meat.tamu.edu/2015/09/15/students-sample-spam-products/

or use other weird processed meat food products! support your small business neighbors, or just surprise us with a delicious pork brains in milk gravy ice cream~~

allez cuisine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
liked, subscribed, yawning ulcer placated, lets do this

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i have no idea what im going to do yet even tho ive been thinking about it a while

should be fun~~~~~~

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

mormonpartyboat posted:

i have no idea what im going to do yet even tho ive been thinking about it a while

should be fun~~~~~~

same. spam seems to be very sculptable and i think i'm going to be taking advantage of this property.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Al! posted:

same. spam seems to be very sculptable and i think i'm going to be taking advantage of this property.

It is usually covered in some sort of yellow meat fat jelly. Could be a good piss substitute.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
Whoa. I actually have a can in the pantry right now, left over from a camping trip.

Not 100% sure I'll have time to do this this weekend, but if I do, the theme will be Donald Trump's America.

Allez loving cuisine!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
equal parts intrigued and terrified by canned sliced potatoes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

mormonpartyboat posted:

equal parts intrigued and terrified by canned sliced potatoes

i once severely burned myself trying to fry some up! my dad requested it for his birthday because he used to love them at ymca camp

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Al! posted:

i once severely burned myself trying to fry some up! my dad requested it for his birthday because he used to love them at ymca camp

go fresh, or nah
:discourse:

also, the graham cracka is rubbin his hands togetha

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:barf:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

eagerly awaiting some disgusting meat sculptures

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i wonder what would happen if you put spam between two pieces of parchment paper and then ironed it

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

this is, indeed, the only way to serve them

fire

fire cleanses all

fire and olive oil

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

i wonder what would happen if you put spam between two pieces of parchment paper and then ironed it

it would probably get rid of any wrinkles

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i have some............

ideas

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ground loving floor. not gonna compete, just here to see the monstrosities that will be created

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i ate spam in the scouts and it tasted good cuz i had just hiked ten miles and i was fukken hungry dammit

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
also gently caress you and the ranch you rode in on

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The concept of this thread is hellaciously gay but anyway spam musabi is great and I wish the haiwaian guy at the Travis AFB passenger terminal didn't close up because getting one of those was a highlight of most days

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Larry Parrish posted:

The concept of this thread is hellaciously gay but anyway spam musabi is great and I wish the haiwaian guy at the Travis AFB passenger terminal didn't close up because getting one of those was a highlight of most days

hey you loving suck get out

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Al! posted:

use a waffle iron, serve it on a wafffle, charge five bucks

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

The concept of this thread is hellaciously gay
spoken like someone who didn't read the last thread

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i've never had spam

what kind of dessert would you make with meat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

use a waffle iron, serve it on a wafffle, charge five bucks

five bucks??? hell here in pdx that would go for 9.50

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

got any sevens posted:

i've never had spam

u will see at least one as soon as work stops kicking my rear end

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Al! posted:

five bucks??? hell here in pdx that would go for 9.50

holy gently caress and i thought five bucks was a ripoff!~

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
ok i got some spam for experimenting....... the spam desert might be a toughed one but i think i'm going to ask my mothers recipe for candied walnuts and work from there

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

You could probably shave the spam thin, caramelize it in sugar of some sort then use the drippings and crispy bits as topping for a sundae.

hmm now I know what awaits me on my vacation.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

the hard part will be not frying it for every dish but I'm not sure if you can avoid it considering that its canned spam

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Larry Parrish posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

extremely satisfying

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
blood for ka wahine ʻai honua

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
also oh NOOOOOOOOOOO im getting IDEAS

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Brother Friendship posted:

You could probably shave the spam thin, caramelize it in sugar of some sort then use the drippings and crispy bits as topping for a sundae.

hmm now I know what awaits me on my vacation.

this is so helpful that as a fellow competitor i have to tell you being this helpful is not good

you gave me so much insight and inspiration with this alone!
:hfive:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

blood for ka wahine ʻai honua

now, i know you are goin' Hawaiian, and since i am as well...i'm worried :ohdear:

but, that's ok, getting schooled makes me feel alive

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

oh fukk linz, highwaii'an pizza! :420:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

oh fukk linz, highwaii'an pizza! :420:

i'm too particular about pizza to introduce my lovely rendition of it, however thank you for the root of support! :D :dance: :discourse:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Don't the workers who make spam suffer really horrible degenerative brain diseases as a result of inhaling pig brains all day or is that some other American meat products?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

got any sevens posted:

i've never had spam

One of the Japanese iron chefs made salmon ice cream

so spam ice cream

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

now, i know you are goin' Hawaiian

nahhhhh

(tho there will be some hawaiian influences)

still gotta figure out some bits and bobs for the recipes before i go shopping so should be a busy weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

still gotta figure out some bits and bobs for the recipes before i go shopping so should be a busy weekend

:peanut: :peanut:
:same:

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 01:15 on Aug 16, 2017

• Locked thread