Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Turn your monitor on! lol

Get A New Joke Lol! https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

:iceburn:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

i present

spam bastiyya, with a hawaiian twist

and the cross section

Jesus H. Christ
:pusheen:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hahaha you wanna talk about the root of support bby?

interesting

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

this is really fuckin good

so i filled the skillet i had the filo dough in about 2/3rds of the way full with the shredded spam mix, then put on a whole onion pan fried up with some cranberries, raisins, and a bit of sweet vermouth, then the almonds toasted in cinnamon and orange blossom water, then another layer of spam

baked at 375 until done, pulled it out of the skillet and flipped it into a pan so i can do the bottom a bit more

then i garnished with a bit more of the almonds, powdered sugar, some luxardo cherries, and a guava creme fraiche which i made by melting down most of a jar of guava jelly in a saucepan, then adding about 3 parts creme fraiche to 2 parts guava and then hitting it with a bit of cinnamon

its the barest hint dry, so i think i'm gonna do a bit more ghee with the next onion (i've got stuffing for two more of these lol)

this was truly a work of art

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
bump
because i have been swamped and do not want to forget about this

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
unrelated to the challenge but im expecting some ingredients in on thursday for another culinary horrorshow

~~~~

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
nice hot ham fish water

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

is this a christian reference, did jesus sink and drown in that bowl and all the loot he dropped was a single fish and loaf?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

i see whole fish there, what you got cookin' there...?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

unrelated to the challenge but im expecting some ingredients in on thursday for another culinary horrorshow

~~~~

niiiice

:discourse:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Breakfast of Champignons

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mushroom!!!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
what would you cook with scorpion meat?

bonus: how would you catch it

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't know, but would you please deshell mine?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

got any sevens posted:

what would you cook with scorpion meat?

bonus: how would you catch it

straightforwardly, just spear it and deep fry it and eat it like softshell crab, maybe with a fish sauce and chilis based dipping sauce

but to be a bit more interesting, depending on size, you could probably chop them into bite-sized halves or quarters, then toss them in a papaya salad with some dried baby shrimp

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Sep 18, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 06:07 on Sep 18, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
:yum:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
oh my goodness

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
the appetizer was sauteed spam and pineapple

the spam was tossed in bread crumbs seasoned with coriander, clove, chili, and tarragon

the entree was spam meatballs, the spam was crushed, and 2 whole eggs were used as a binder
this mixture was seasoned with minced garlic, coriander, tarragon, chili, basil, and oregano

then it was tossed in the bread crumbs mix from earlier before being fried

then it was garnished with blackened pineapple

to be cont.

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 04:18 on Sep 19, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
the 2nd part of the entree was black bean mushroom rice

beans were sauteed with coriander, chili, thyme, tarragon, clove, garlic, scallion, and diced mushroom before water was added and then boiled, and rice was added

to be cont.

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 04:17 on Sep 19, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
interesting spice combination, how'd you like the final taste

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pineapple in everything?!?!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Pineapple in everything?!?!

pineapple wasn't in everything; it was in the appetizer, and merely garnished the other dishes

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

got any sevens posted:

interesting spice combination, how'd you like the final taste

it was...satisfying

slightly sweet, very savory, and rich with complex flavors

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Typical politician response, Mr. Graham.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
salad:

arugula

truffle oil

Worcestershire sauce

tomato

spam crumble: spam in the seasoned bread crumbs from earlier, that are fried and added to the salad

sliced avocado

sliced blackened pineapple

grated Monterey pepper jack

ice cream:

waffle cone

salted caramel hazelnut ice cream

fried spam in sugar, cinnamon, and breadcrumb coating that was sprinkled in the ice cream

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 05:22 on Sep 19, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Typical politician response, Mr. Graham.

you knew what i was when you let me in
:wink:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

fried spam in sugar, cinnamon, and breadcrumb coating that was sprinkled in the ice cream

i actually got one of those little cooking butane torches to do that but forgot

yummo

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Couldn't you at least be consistent and add pineapple to the desert?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Couldn't you at least be consistent and add pineapple to the desert?

no
my food, my rules :D :burger:

mormonpartyboat posted:

i actually got one of those little cooking butane torches to do that but forgot

yummo

:blush: thank you

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 07:23 on Sep 19, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
all spam used was the low sodium version

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Sep 19, 2017

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

mormonpartyboat you're a madman

Al! your posts in the last thread made me laugh harder than anything has on SA in a long, long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

brugroffil posted:

mormonpartyboat you're a madman

Al! your posts in the last thread made me laugh harder than anything has on SA in a long, long time

:agreed:
can't wait for al's new submission to make it here
will keep bumping till it does

• Locked thread