Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Disco Salmon posted:

My cats are all broken...every single one of them LOVE bitter apple spray.

It just got to the point where all our wires (99%) are in those corrugated plastic covers to keep kitty teeth off them. I keep telling them that they are not supposed to like it, but I think they see it as a condiment or extra dash of spice to their snack of cables :(

Yeah I definitely have a few of those in places that cats may go a lot and I use 24/7 like my hot water heater for tea and the lamp and rice maker next to it.

Currently I have 5/6 cats all out with no problem. No Butters because that's going to be hard and I haven't figured out how I can get it to go well. He's a jerk faced jerk (a stressed out cat). I'm working on it in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I think we've officially entered the "make stupid pics of the cat" realm

Here is Chester, with basket, placed on bed

I also sang today to him when he was in the cat tree with another cat:

Chester and Bitey,
Sitting in a tree,
S-T-A-R-I-N-G

sockingtonsworth
Dec 17, 2013

There’s a few apps that can turn Live Photos into gifs, which is great for pets. I think it’s like “gif toaster”?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

sockingtonsworth posted:

There’s a few apps that can turn Live Photos into gifs, which is great for pets. I think it’s like “gif toaster”?

I think there's a google one too? But the Live Photos are always just blurry head moving :(

He's pretty close at being an Official rear end in a top hat House Cat. Such a big step from Freaked-The-gently caress-Out Outdoor Cat. Currently I'm sitting on the floor because he took my chair and hence I can't do any work.

"I don't give a gently caress about your work"

Aaa the more I look up from typing this on my phone the more rear end in a top hat-y his positions get. You cat :argh:

Some of the other cats have come down here in support. Consolidating against the adorable Chesty. :ussr:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He weighs like 6 lbs.

I don't get cat people.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Eifert Posting posted:

He weighs like 6 lbs.

I don't get cat people.

Hes 10lb I literally just went to the vet a week ago.

E: I'm not starving him if that's what you're implying. He literally just came from the vet who said he was fine, and his big rear end eyes make a weird difference in how he looks I assume. The vet weighed him and he's 10.8 lbs.

E2: ill post my vet paperwork if you really want.

E3: did you even see the other pictures

Jesus Christ I thought I would get a positive response to the pictures. Wtf.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 13, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I think the point is "you can move him off the chair"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Antivehicular posted:

"you can move him off the chair"

If I'm saying I don't get cat people I probably can't eyeball their weight and imply a cat is malnourished.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Antivehicular posted:

Keep the pictures coming during this process.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Fish Noise posted:

Keep the pictures coming during this process.

This is the most important thing. Also, provide lots of skritches. That is second most important thing.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Antivehicular posted:

He is cute on the chair. This is the important factor being missed.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Catte chair is always the chair you want to sit in.

That's the rule :colbert:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Sorry dudes I overreacted cause I was on no sleep. He likes the chair because to him it's like a "I am the leader" chair, but he does still seem to respect Kitty as the leader. He doesn't try to fight with her for alpha dominance.

He's in the chair currently. I cannot sit there because it is his chair.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh and he still HATES trash tv because they yell all the time--obviously--and it's unfortunately the only thing I watch pretty much. You'd think he'd be used to it by now because I watch it when I'm home, sometimes he's ok but if he gets moody he gets realllly upset if trash tv is on and he's already in a mood. He was definitely yelled at and/or in a really bad abusive situation. P sure I said this before.

He is very moody. Rapid-cycling Bipolar with anger and severe anxiety of various sorts. That is my diagnosis. He is a good sweet cat though. He met my bf and there was no issue at all, just immediate love and petting.

It's hard, you guys. But I'm working on it. He just tried to play with another cat :3: he's done this before; obviously, he's never done it in his life but his "adorable play" instincts are coming out.

Long rant :words:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 15, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Chesty is the besty

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Goober Peas posted:

Chesty is the besty

I always call him "Chester the Bester"

And yes, Chesty is the Besty :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
His eyes are crazy. Aside from being huge they are blue. Not always apparent but in good lighting: e: more apparent IRL not so apparent in crappy phone photo but imagine more blue.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 24, 2017

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Thin Privilege posted:

His eyes are crazy. Aside from being huge they are blue. Not always apparent but in good lighting:

Chesty :kimchi:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

:kimchi:

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
He looks less astounded and confused than he did at the beginning.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I said in the first post or maybe second that I knew Chester could purr louder. Well today he purred so loud it sounded like a hammer drill.

Unrelated and I can't remember if I said this already, but his face twitches involuntarily sometimes. Just for a millisecond, nothing more. It's exactly like when your cat it dreaming about chasing toys or whatever and their whiskers etc twitch. Its mainly his whiskers but sometimes his eyes. I absolutely am keeping an eye on him to make sure he's ok, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I really thing it's related to whatever happened to him to make his back leg lose muscle mass and be gimpy in general. HOWEVER, due to being here with cat trees and shelves and such, he's become way more able to jump. At first he would always slip, even if jumping 1 foot :( but now he is able to jump much higher with no problem. Not high enough to reach the super tall bookcases with cat beds yet but it's awesome :kimchi: He's still gimpy and slips sometimes though, but it seems like his muscle is regenerating.

I'm curious what the hell happened to him. Poor little guy.

(Also he's started being cool chillin on my lap for a little bit)

Good Chesty.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 7, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
He’s just got huge eyes

Chesty the Besty

My leader cat, Kittay, who, tonight, while I was out of the room, laid down on my computer when I was out of the room and decided to close some programs I was using, open some other ones including iTunes (she always opens iTunes when I step away from the computer, wtf) and enter mysterious passwords :iiam: .

Chesty is being good meowing around the house; Butters is still slightly upset but very minimally. Figuring out a super feral cat is definitely hard but Chesty is doing really good, everything is going super well, just wanted to update you guys. He is a very good cat :3: :kimchi:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 9, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thin Privilege posted:

He’s just got huge eyes

Chesty the Besty

I love him :kimchi:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Translation: we’re both going to cause troubles while you’re asleep

It’s at an angle but I assure you Kittay (top) was staring into my eyes soul when I took the pic.

2 min later as I was going back to bed: Chester caused some trouble. Cute trouble but trouble regardless. He’s becoming such a good house cat. :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jan 10, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Thin Privilege posted:

Just wanna say that he's SUPER active at night. I know they say cats are nocturnal, but the rest of mine follow a human schedule (with 15 cat nap during the day). But for him, I'll come in during the day and he's fast asleep, but if I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I come into a WIDE AWAKE CAT

I had to quote myself cause I was reading back old posts and this has changed so much. Maybe I posted it before but I realized that the reason he was WIDE AWAKE at night is because there’s little to no humans around outside so he could actually walk around without being harassed. I saw a bunny @ 5am when opening my work and I was like... how the gently caress is there a bunny here, this is literally in the middle of the city. So it totally makes sense that Chesty (and bunny) had a day=sleep / night=wide loving awake schedule.

Chesty is now in the house cat “sleep during day when owner isn’t home, as well as at night time when owner is asleep; and wide awake when she comes home” schedule :kimchi:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 15, 2018

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Chesty besty :kimchi:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Goober Peas posted:

Chesty besty :kimchi:

Agreed

Here he is happy in a cat tree

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Chester has started playing with my youngest cats (sisters) pretty well, it’s good because in human age the youngest are in their early 40s and he’s in his early/mid 20s. They seem to be happy to have a new play mate, they love to play.

Chesty is doing very well in general but he still has issues. He’s obviously been through some really bad things :( today he got triggered by something and freaked out and went into semi-feral mode but ran to his room and was fine immediately.

I’m starting to understand a picture of what has happened to him in the past.

He is a very good cat but had a tough life. Now he has playmates and tasty canned food and lots of petting and loving.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm so happy he's found a home that obviously loves and cares for him. :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm so happy he's found a home that obviously loves and cares for him. :3:

Thank you :3:

Mini Photo dump time!

his ridiculously oversized paws

“Yes I am a cat and yes I’m tired of getting my picture taken”

Family photo

Couple seconds later

Yeah I don’t even know what up with him right here. Just being Chester I guess

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Besty
:glomp:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You seem to a post a puppet in your last picture.

An adorable puppet, sure, but a puppet.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

“Chesty the Besty” is now a song I sing when I come home

Eifert Posting posted:

You seem to a post a puppet in your last picture.

An adorable puppet, sure, but a puppet.

He has a fat neck like his aunt. I wish I could find a pic of her fat next but I’ll get one when I can.

Also, never underestimate the power of baby talk. Butters and Chesty still aren’t getting along too well but if I come over when they’re having a stare down and sit with them and baby talk they calm down and then everything is good.

Oh! And he doesn’t seem to be upset by the yelling on trash tv anymore! So I can watch my favorite trash again without worry! Yay!

E: later in the day: Chesty has now learned that the door leads to the hallway. gently caress. This could be trouble not in a cute way.

Not related but he appears to love the incense Super Hit because he’s laying around showing his fluffy stomach next to the table that has it going.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 10, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Chesters the Besters

[timg]https://imgur.com/4Z1zY9N.jpg[/url][/timg]

One of my coworkers threatened to make Chesty into a meme and I was very upset because it’s my copyrighted cat :argh:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I like when cattes do alpaca impressions :kimchi:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I see sock puppet.

That catte is 90% neck.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Eifert Posting posted:

That catte is 90% neck.

I need to get a good pic of his aunt cause she has the same thing.

Here’s him proud on a cat tree (always buy an Armarkat cat tree)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Here’s the official picture of Chesters chillin/resting/sleepy face. He’s finally doing it in public with all the other cats running around which is a huge step.

He has a weird caveman brow.

He’s becoming a very good house cat. Catte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
You know how I keep talking about how Butters hates Chesty?

Well, this happened. Note Chesty’s tail laying on Butters’ tail.

They are good cats and you don’t know how happy I am that Chester is becoming a total house cat :3:

E: previous pic was from yesterday and they’re doing it again today!! :woop:

E2: I just noticed they both have the “ugh you’re taking another picture of me” face. Lol

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 5, 2018

• Locked thread