Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
:siren: image dump!!!!! :siren:

“Hmmmmmm....”

“I am a cat so I will ruin your screen so that wasps can come in”

“I’m an innocent cat and comfortable, despite running important things :catstare:

Catte

I went outside and it was a million degrees so I had to take Chester’s spot in front of the ac, he was not so happy.

He decided to go by the breeze in the window

After like 2 hours I was fixed from being melted so he got his spot back

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
His neck is soooooooo long.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

No

Fuzzy snake

Not cat.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
He is a lanky little guy.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

He is a lanky little guy.

The definition of lanky is “ungracefully thin and tall“. Chester is GRACEFULLY thin and tall (and he’s not too thin, he’s 10 lbs—it’s all muscle).

Here he is smilin in the cat tree. It literally took him 9.5 months to even go this high on a cat tree (hes been on the lowest rung before, 1.5 feet off the ground, this is 5 feet off the ground) cause he’s obviously never seen a cat tree before.

Ok now he came over to lick my face and hand, and to rub on me, cause I’m leaning over the kitchen counter to take that pic.

He is a happy catte.

Writer Cath posted:

His neck is soooooooo long.

Its probably cause he had that tight rear end collar on him for so long. From baby kitten to almost-full-size catte. He still has an impression in his fur; you can’t always see it anymore but it’s pretty obvious when he’s sitting and turns his head. Poor little guy. I’m so sad about whatever his past was, but he’s a happy little guy now :3:

E: it’s pretty clear in my image dump where the collar was but I can point it out w an arrow if yall want.

E2: got him to play “bite the hand” (he’s such a young catte that never got proper play as a kitten ). Here ya go:

See how the lines, especially the second from the left, are jagged at that horizontal line I’m pointing at.

E3: and it’s super obvious in most of the pics I posted on the first page.

E4 here’s an old one showing the poor neck impression from the very beginning, can’t even be close to an alpaca

I’m gonna stop ranting now. :siren:Chester is a good cat: that is the summary.:siren:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 4, 2018

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I like his expressive eyes

:kimchi:

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

The definition of lanky is “ungracefully thin and tall“. Chester is GRACEFULLY thin and tall (and he’s not too thin, he’s 10 lbs—it’s all muscle).

I owe Chester an apology. Scritch those ears and call him a cute little boyo for me, please.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

I owe Chester an apology. Scritch those ears and call him a cute little boyo for me, please.

I did. He meowed.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Cats named Chester have a noble tradition of contributing to the sciences.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Cats named Chester have a noble tradition of contributing to the sciences.

What a good cat :kimchi:

Today also marks a monumentous day, the day in which Chester replaces Butters as “cat that screams loudly for food before the alarm goes off.” It will henceforth be called, “Chester Headache Day” and celebrated with canned Fancy Feast Tuna in Gravy, 2 hours after the event due to the host henceforth getting an annual headache on this day.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 10, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
New food bowl!!!

(The weird lines are cause I was using my finger on my phone to lighten up the right side)

He was SO EXCITED when he saw it. They probably rubbed it with catnip.

CHESTY THE BESTY

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Awwwwwwww

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Chesty, verry happy in front of the new a/c.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Do you have any recommendations to alleviate congestion/sneezing for cats? My poor gato has been sneezing constantly since I moved back in with my dad, he sounds congested, and today he started what I think is coughing. I'm going to make an appointment for the vet in the morning, but until I get him there, do you do anything to relieve your kitties when they have colds?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Do you have any recommendations to alleviate congestion/sneezing for cats? My poor gato has been sneezing constantly since I moved back in with my dad, he sounds congested, and today he started what I think is coughing. I'm going to make an appointment for the vet in the morning, but until I get him there, do you do anything to relieve your kitties when they have colds?

You’d really have to diagnose it cause it could any number of things. It’s saturday but many vets are open on Saturday morning so call one and tell them the symptoms. Even if it’s a vet far away. If the cat isn’t eating or drinking or is super lethargic go to ER vet. If they’re still playing and stuff give them their favorite food and love and keep a close eye on them cause cats hide illness until they’re crazy sick, so make sure to hide off any spots where you can’t easily reach them to capture them to go on the evil vet travel cage and so you can keep a close eye on them. So call any vet you can reach and tell them the symptoms; kitty needs to be seen ASAP because coughing isn’t good.

Chester related news: I know you’re the Besty and becoming a great house cat and all but I’m getting kind of sick of you meowing outside my door every morning once the sun comes up. No I am not going to feed you right then. They know meowing wakes me up but they still somehow don’t see that awake =/= feeding.

Here is the jerk in a crinkly cat tunnel:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cutest jerk spotted

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Thank you for the advice. The cat went to the vet over the weekend (so glad they have regular hours on Saturdays), and it's just a cold. The very says it was probably aggrevated by stress from moving, and of course to watch him a call if he doesn't improve. Gato was due for a shot, anyway, so the trip wasn't a waste. He's doing better already: the coughing has stopped, and he's sneezing less. His appetite is better, and he's back to being his usual sociable self now that he's forgiven me for taking him to the vet.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Humbly request a comfy Chesty pic :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Thank you for the advice. The cat went to the vet over the weekend (so glad they have regular hours on Saturdays), and it's just a cold. The very says it was probably aggrevated by stress from moving, and of course to watch him a call if he doesn't improve. Gato was due for a shot, anyway, so the trip wasn't a waste. He's doing better already: the coughing has stopped, and he's sneezing less. His appetite is better, and he's back to being his usual sociable self now that he's forgiven me for taking him to the vet.

I’m glad kitty is better :3:

Chicken Doodle posted:

Humbly request a comfy Chesty pic :3:

I’m sorry but I cannot provide one, I tried but he really does not like the camera flash and was meowing unhappily (I love the old “first camera flash” pic lol)

So here is Devil Chester

... and some of my toes

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 17, 2018

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

I’m sorry but I cannot provide one, I tried but he really does not like the camera flash and was meowing unhappily (I love the old “first camera flash” pic lol)

So here is Devil Chester

... and some of my toes

Hail Chesty! :devil:

Thanks very much

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Besty is concerned (about food)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I also want to add that when my mom came over, all the other cats ran away cause her body language is crazy and also she talks super loud and high pitched, but little Besty went straight up to her to say hi. He is such a friendly little guy despite his obviously lovely past.

E: I felt like reading the first few pages of this thread againand the vet was for sure wrong, lil’ guy was for sure about 1.5 years old or less. I’ve raised too many kittens to know how young cats look. I guess previous owners put him outside since he was SUPER little, based on that big rear end impression of that collar on his neck that he obviously grew into. I can’t even remember if I posted these same words before, I’ve got some brain problems recently but they’re getting fixed. My brain priority is still the cats though and the cats is like, all I do other than my (crappy) job. Probably due to the toxoplasmosis.

Good cats.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jul 20, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Ooh ooh I want to mention that his gimpy back leg is totally healed now and he can jump high like every other cat and he never slips any more. Sometimes his jumps look a little silly cause his leg obviously healed weird before I got him but he’s a good little jumpy cat.

Sorry, no pics this time cause he’s running around like a lunatic cause I just fed them so I can just get a blob.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Thin Privilege posted:

Sorry, no pics this time cause he’s running around like a lunatic cause I just fed them so I can just get a blob.
A very charismatic blob, to be sure.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys

:siren: chesty finally went to the top of the tallest cat tree!!!!!!!!!!!! :siren:

Its 6-6.5 feet off the ground and he’s never gone up there.

CHESTY

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Yes Chesty Besty I just said everyone likes you. Apparently this means “look for everyone.”

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Ok so I have determined that Chesty’s former “owners” or whatever were for sure Spanish speaking because I got bored and started talking to him in Spanish and he was like :wth: / :stare: and he completely understood what I was saying. And then he laid down and was crazy calm when I told him to calm down en español.

The neighborhood I found him is very multi-cultural so it’s not surprising but it’s been a year but little guy was shocked as gently caress. I wish you could have seen his face. His eyes are giant but these were the size of quarters.

Maybe I posted this before I dunno but I was just talking hardcore in Spanish about how he’s a good cat and how I’m gonna feed him soon and stuff and yeah.

Es un gato muy bueno :glomp:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I sure do like Chester! :kimchi:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Goober Peas posted:

I sure do like Chester! :kimchi:

Grácias! Y Chesy dijo eso así! (Y él mejor gato en mundo está dormiendo en el lugar más cerca del aire condicionado, su lugar más favorito :kimchi: )

I probably hosed that up massively, especially the accent marks, cause I haven’t written Spanish in a while, but you get the point: Chesty is good.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 6, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Ok this is really loving weird. I can’t sleep and I’ve been talking to Chesty for like 20 minutes in Spanish and he completely understands what I’m saying.

This is really really weird. Ese gato comprende todo. Eso es muy extraño.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 6, 2018

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Gatos se gustan español muy mucho. Mi gato siempre responde cuando hablo a el en español, y nunca vivió con hispanohablantes.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Could be the rolling r's sounding like purring.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Patrovsky posted:

Could be the rolling r's sounding like purring.

This is a possibility but when I used to drink I would purr at the cats and they didn’t respond at all. I just purred at Chesty as a test, with rolling Rs, he looked at me like I was a lunatic and walked away whereas prior to this he had been sitting in front of me for 15 minutes meowing cause he wants food. You got 20 min, calm down you little meowy guy.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

He is so ridiculously handsome :kimchi:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Bester :kimchi:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you!!!

He was really excited and also confused about my singing to classic rock, don’t know why he liked it, is a mystery. Once I started he plopped down next to me which he like, never does. —need to add that I’m trained in singing so it’s not like it’s off key craziness.

For content here he is super drowsy after like 20 classic rock songs (no ac/dc tho that’s too loud).

Sorry Chesty that my singing made you sleepy. I guess Foreigner and Journey and Take on Me are a lullaby.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 13, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Few seconds later: “oh great you’re sticking that thing in my face again”

(Let me know if these are giant and/or don’t work, this is my first time using something other than imgur)

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Chester, you are indeed a gorgeous bit of man-cat :)

You remind me so much of my old man Robbiecat with those huge soulful eyes of yours... you better be getting LOTS of kisses and scritches!!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
aaaa how does he have the most pleasingly-shaped face ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

He's so handsome!

• Locked thread