Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Chesty says thank you for your kind words!

Disco Salmon posted:

You remind me so much of my old man Robbiecat with those huge soulful eyes of yours... you better be getting LOTS of kisses and scritches!!

He is! He went from attacking the poo poo out of me a year ago to letting me hug the poo poo out of him and kissing him at the same time.

... However... tomorrow, he is going to the vet for his final round of shots. Pray that cat towel burrito will work. He will possibly hate me again :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Awww, he'll forgive you.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Psst

Chester

Over here

:wave:

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

The huge eyes and paws make me wonder if he was 'on course' to grow to be a huge cat dreadnought as a kitten, then was malnourished after going feral? Paws and eyes tend to grow first.

Of course it sounds like he has ended up a good size under your care regardless and he looks like a lovely healthy cat now.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Patrat posted:

The huge eyes and paws make me wonder if he was 'on course' to grow to be a huge cat dreadnought as a kitten, then was malnourished after going feral? Paws and eyes tend to grow first.

Of course it sounds like he has ended up a good size under your care regardless and he looks like a lovely healthy cat now.

That makes a ton of sense. When I got him he was normal cat length but now he’s loooooooong even while just standing around. Hard to get a picture of it cause he’s now a house cat and likes to run around and not sit still.

He grew into his eyes a bit..

Goober Peas posted:

Psst

Chester

Over here

:wave:

He decided to harass me on my computer, as cats do.

E: at vet visit he gained weight (though obviously still thin) which confirms my theory of him being a big kitten when I found him (see previous posts if you’re just reading this now). And you can see that he grew into his eyes a bit. So I guess these assholes threw a kitten out on the street with a collar and bell that grew INTO Chestys neck cause they didn’t adjust the length. Thanks guys for being pieces of poo poo.

E2: this is a loving baby face. I’m helping the animal shelter and one of the guys, around 1 year old, looks just like this pic from last year (face structure).

Ugh gently caress these people. Guy was a little baby when I found him.

❤️ Chesty.

E3: lol at new thread title

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 28, 2018

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I mean, how could you ever say no to that cat? He's just so handsome!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thin Privilege posted:

it's true

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Thin Privilege posted:

He's got like the golden ratio of cute cat faces.

Just perfect.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Chet is a four-star, three-H cat: Healthy, Happy, and Handsome.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Bobbie Witcham posted:

Chet is a four-star, four-H cat: Healthy, Happy, Huggable and Handsome.

FTFY

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I knew I was missing an H!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
❤️

Looking through my old photos and Chester was definitely a kitten when I found him. Little jerk runs out into the building hallway when I open the door and he is waaaaaaaaay longer than last year. Last year he was the exact size of my runt-of-the-litter cat who is 8lb.

Old pic like the second day I had him—look at tiny his body is, doesn’t look underweight, just super small

And you guys may hate me but I adopted a kitten, 6-8 months old, to be Chester’s buddy, since my youngest cat is approaching 8, so they’re not particularly interested in playing. Only had him 2 weeks and everyone is cool with him, Chester is particularly interested. Some hissing still, but it’s just a dominance thing. Soon Chester will be playing full time with Garfield (I am not creative).

This is my last cat, I swear.

Also this guy is gonna be HUGE when he grows up.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Look at those feets! :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Look at those feets! :3:

He’s a polydactyl :3:

Also a huge lap cat and whoever fostered him taught him to kiss people on the mouth. Luckily he doesn’t have horrible breath :/

He also purrs 98% of the time and also attacks my feet 90% of the time—in the kitten playful way.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 5, 2018

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

He’s a polydactyl :3:

Also a huge lap cat and whoever fostered him taught him to kiss people on the mouth. Luckily he doesn’t have horrible breath :/

He also purrs 98% of the time and also attacks my feet 90% of the time—in the kitten playful way.

You've got my kitty! He's a big orange polydactyly, too. Aww, I bet he's going to be just bursting with personality if he isn't yet--something about male orange polydactyl tabbies makes them super fun and affectionate. Mine demands playtime and walks

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
His personality thus far is just sweet and submissive to the other cats. I know he’s gonna go crazy running around when I fully let him out so I was gonna get one of those body leash things but I forgot today when I was at the pet store. I’ve let him walk around a little bit protected but it would be easier to control a kitton with a leash thingy.

Chester is still very interested and shockingly Butters the jerk is being really good. The others are cool with him.

Of course there’s plenty of reassurance and baby talk. Works crazy well like I said before. “Butters you are the best cat yes you are” *headbutt*

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 9, 2018

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
So cute. Once I figure out how to use Imgur with the Awful App, I'll post a picture of the behemoth Garfield is going to be someday.

PS: does he have just generic extra toes, or does he have thumbs like my little man-man kittenpie baby?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Chesty and Garfy and Buttery

:kimchi:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I got Lil' G a harness and leash cause he's crazy (in a good way) and wants to run everywhere, and he's still not 100% introduced to the other cats, so I don't want him to a) get somewhere I can't get him out of cause cats are sneaky like that and b) no cat disagreements. He took it just fine, just wanted to chew the leash cause he's teething.

As you can see, he is crazed :kimchi:

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

I got Lil' G a harness and leash cause he's crazy (in a good way) and wants to run everywhere, and he's still not 100% introduced to the other cats, so I don't want him to a) get somewhere I can't get him out of cause cats are sneaky like that and b) no cat disagreements. He took it just fine, just wanted to chew the leash cause he's teething.

As you can see, he is crazed :kimchi:

Aww, he looks a little baby version of my cat, down to the polydactyl thumbs. And acts like my kitty, too; this morning we were playing Chase Each Other, where he runs away and hides under a bed and then gallops after me when I walk away. He'll be batting at your leg and meowing for walks/to play in no time, if he's not already.

Snuggle that little cutie for me, please, my cat doesn't like being picked up.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm eagerly awaiting Chesty and Garfy cuddles

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Haven't updated for a while but Lil G is free waking about while I'm home to be safe cause Chesty is showing off, it's silly honestly. He's not actually mad or upset, he's just trying to establish that :catstare: I AM CHESTER AND I AM GOD :catstare: . Rest of cats are cool. Kittens are very easy to introduce. (Today I saw baby baby kittens that were like 5 inches long and went mew mew mew at me and I wanted ALL OF THEM despite not yet being adoptable-- JK about adopting them but they were adorable, petsmart in my area has good adoption places that come in on weekends).

Currently Lil G is enjoying the 3-way cat tunnel, it is now his favorite thing.

Anyways here's some random pics. I haven't taken too many recently cause I've just been playing with all of them.

"THE gently caress IS THIS"

"I AM CHESTER AND I SIT ON TOP OF SHELVES HAPPILY"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Chesty just needs lil g to know that you are HIS PERSON and he loves you most :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Lil G loving loves classic rock. I guess the person driving him multiple hours from Kentucky was blasting it the whole time while petting him :3:

E: of course I gave Chesty tons of treats and pets while blasting Mötley Crüe (and not too loud to hurt any of their ears).

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 19, 2018

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I always like when this thread pops up again. Post more Chesty and G!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
HELLO MY NAME IS GARFIELD LIL G AND MY EYES ARE BROWN AND SCARY seriously his eyes freak me out cause cat eyes should be green or blue but he is so sweet so it is ok, until I get creeped out.Lil G :kimchi:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

How can you be creeped out by that extremely handsome boy

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I just never seen a cat with brown eyes and I have seen many a cat.

E: maybe I have, and it's just that his eyes are crazy inquisitive like Chesty's and like to stare me in the face? They're REALLY loving brown though.

E2: ok I am perusing the orange cat thread and there are other ones I am scared guys

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 17, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yeah I used to have an orange maine coon mix (RIP Kai :h:) and he had the biggest amber eyes. I love amber cat-eyes :3:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Vets flip over Colby's eyes:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Vets flip over Colby's eyes:

ALIEN CAT!!!!!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
He's doing the best cat loaf ever (and where is the cat loaf thread?)

It's really hard to get a pic of this guy cause he moves around so much. But here's alien cat #2, LIL' G!!!

And I accidentally clicked on this when I was uploading so here is a pic of Bitey, I mentioned her in the beginning of the thread.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Thin Privilege posted:

He's doing the best cat loaf ever (and where is the cat loaf thread?)

Yes. Good.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thin Privilege posted:

And I accidentally clicked on this when I was uploading so here is a pic of Bitey, I mentioned her in the beginning of the thread.

"About time you showed me off, human."

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I would like to see more Bitey. She sounds like a good catte, like Chesty and G.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Lil G just started his first shed!!! It is so cute :3: but I have to vacuum even more now but that's ok. Just a few min ago he decided to roll upside down on my lap and show his stomach for the first time as well so he got a tummy rub :3:

The adoption lady said "you know what you're getting into? Orange tabbys are crazy insanely hyper and destructive" but this little guy just likes to roam around (today he played with a spoon) and then run immediately to my lap. He's a momma's cat. I never thought I'd say those words in my life.

Here's him seeing snow for the first time

I'd post pics of Chester but he's a house cat now and just likes to sleep all day. But I'll try to get some good boring Cat Sleeping Pics :kimchi:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Nov 28, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Ok I promised some boring sleeping Chester pics. Here he is sleeping.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Chesty's got some long arms!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I was making a salad and dropped a tomato on the floor. I rose my hands up in the air in the "oh goddamn it!" type of way. Chesty was sitting 2-3 feet away and I looked at him and he was COWERING in fear, like what an abused kitten would do except worse (I have experience in this unfortunately--not me doing it but I took care of a bunch of cats and some by horrible horrible people). Anyways he had huge eyes and this look of extreme fear and this cowering I can't even describe but it's extreme extreme fear... I can't get over it. His face just keeps flashing in my head. I knew my ideas that he was abused are obviously true. I am so sad.

At least little Chest no longer has a gimpy leg or facial twitching, which had been happening obviously now due to his prior abuse. I knew he was abused but this cowering behavior is just 100% proof.

I HATE whoever had him before.

E: I was sleeping on the couch and put my hand under his paw and he wouldn't let me move my hand (including keeping-you-there claws). He wanted my hand. Crazy cat people probably know this type of cat act.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh Chesty you are so so so loved now, don't be scared ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

• Locked thread