Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

ILL Machina posted:

I also love chesty, but I must say his paws look like normal sized cat paws to me and not the gargantuan abominations I was expecting from the hyperbole. Maybe I need to see them next to one of the other kittens' paws.

Same, but my former stray is polydactyl and has paws like boxing gloves, so I might be biased. (He's really good at opening doors.)

Chester is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

Proof in Paws

Aww. Maybe he'll grow into them.

Seriously, though, you're a really good person, taking care of this little guy and giving him such a good home.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I have to ask: how does sleeping work with all those cats? Like, you have to wake to covered by/surrounded by half a dozen of them every day.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

I don’t wake up to cats, but when I’m falling asleep/in bed, they all sit around me. They enjoy being petted while I’m trying to sleep. It is very :3:

E: ok ignore first statement. I wake up to cats cause sometimes butters MOOOOOOS and sometimes they decide to walk all over me. Literally, physically.

The most cats I've taken care of at once was three at a time, when I was fostering my friend's kittens, and I woke up everyday to one cat on top of me and one at each side. (They took turns for who was on top of My. St. Bobbie.) My apartment had a weird setup because of the size of the rooms, so my bedroom was what was supposed to be the living room, in the middle of the apartment/Kitty Cat Rodeo & Racetrack. The kittens would literally run on top of me, multiple times, while they raced around the apartment at 2 AM.

Moral of the story: cats are adorable and jerks.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Have you heard of "The Trainable Cat?" It's a book by a couple of experts on cat behavior that I heard about on NPR (where I always get ideas for books to give people). I bought a copy for a friend because he has two cats that are assholes who will stalk and attack people in a not-playful way. One of them also pees on things every now and then that she's not supposed to, and his girlfriend is ready to get rid of that cat. I'm curious if you've perused it at all, and what you think.

And if not, any advice for dealing with rear end in a top hat cats like that? (I feel like if anyone would know, it would be you, ya crazy cat lady. :j: (Which I mean in the best way possible.))

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Lol, awwwww. Chester has such a sweet and earnest lil face.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Eifert Posting posted:

Just so drat placid.

Don't let that fool you--cats are not placid creatures. Except maybe for puppy-cats, but they can be deceptive.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Goober Peas posted:

I need a Chester, not a PS4

:ohdear:

There are a lot of shelter cats that need a good home.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
He is a lanky little guy.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

The definition of lanky is “ungracefully thin and tall“. Chester is GRACEFULLY thin and tall (and he’s not too thin, he’s 10 lbs—it’s all muscle).

I owe Chester an apology. Scritch those ears and call him a cute little boyo for me, please.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Cats named Chester have a noble tradition of contributing to the sciences.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Awwwwwwww

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Do you have any recommendations to alleviate congestion/sneezing for cats? My poor gato has been sneezing constantly since I moved back in with my dad, he sounds congested, and today he started what I think is coughing. I'm going to make an appointment for the vet in the morning, but until I get him there, do you do anything to relieve your kitties when they have colds?

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Thank you for the advice. The cat went to the vet over the weekend (so glad they have regular hours on Saturdays), and it's just a cold. The very says it was probably aggrevated by stress from moving, and of course to watch him a call if he doesn't improve. Gato was due for a shot, anyway, so the trip wasn't a waste. He's doing better already: the coughing has stopped, and he's sneezing less. His appetite is better, and he's back to being his usual sociable self now that he's forgiven me for taking him to the vet.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Gatos se gustan español muy mucho. Mi gato siempre responde cuando hablo a el en español, y nunca vivió con hispanohablantes.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Awww, he'll forgive you.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Chet is a four-star, three-H cat: Healthy, Happy, and Handsome.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I knew I was missing an H!

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

He’s a polydactyl :3:

Also a huge lap cat and whoever fostered him taught him to kiss people on the mouth. Luckily he doesn’t have horrible breath :/

He also purrs 98% of the time and also attacks my feet 90% of the time—in the kitten playful way.

You've got my kitty! He's a big orange polydactyly, too. Aww, I bet he's going to be just bursting with personality if he isn't yet--something about male orange polydactyl tabbies makes them super fun and affectionate. Mine demands playtime and walks

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
So cute. Once I figure out how to use Imgur with the Awful App, I'll post a picture of the behemoth Garfield is going to be someday.

PS: does he have just generic extra toes, or does he have thumbs like my little man-man kittenpie baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

I got Lil' G a harness and leash cause he's crazy (in a good way) and wants to run everywhere, and he's still not 100% introduced to the other cats, so I don't want him to a) get somewhere I can't get him out of cause cats are sneaky like that and b) no cat disagreements. He took it just fine, just wanted to chew the leash cause he's teething.

As you can see, he is crazed :kimchi:

Aww, he looks a little baby version of my cat, down to the polydactyl thumbs. And acts like my kitty, too; this morning we were playing Chase Each Other, where he runs away and hides under a bed and then gallops after me when I walk away. He'll be batting at your leg and meowing for walks/to play in no time, if he's not already.

Snuggle that little cutie for me, please, my cat doesn't like being picked up.

• Locked thread