Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

I really don't understand people who hit animals (or kids for that matter) as a way to teach them / discipline them. There are other ways and THEY WORK. For example, my "bad [cat name]" and finger point gets the point across that they shouldn't be doing the thing (like chewing on a cable, but none of them do that because they know they can't, all I did was say "cable is bad"). Tone of voice is SO important. They're not stupid. They get it. You don't need to hit them. E: I did spray the poo poo out of the cable coming out of the wall when I got cable internet with bitter apple spray, just as a pr caution because it's right at cat chew height. No problems for 2 years.

A weird thing I learned yesterday was that watching trash tv makes Chester really nervous. Maury, Jerry Springer, and the like. It's obviously because it's people yelling and screaming. More proof that he came from a horrible place :(

My cats are all broken...every single one of them LOVE bitter apple spray.

It just got to the point where all our wires (99%) are in those corrugated plastic covers to keep kitty teeth off them. I keep telling them that they are not supposed to like it, but I think they see it as a condiment or extra dash of spice to their snack of cables :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

:siren::siren::siren: CHESTER JUST JUMPED UP ON MY LAP AND PLOPPED DOWN. HE HAS NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE. HE LITERALLY LAID DOWN. AND IS PURRING. :siren::siren::siren:

this made me cry....your kitty man LOVES you!

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Chester, you are indeed a gorgeous bit of man-cat :)

You remind me so much of my old man Robbiecat with those huge soulful eyes of yours... you better be getting LOTS of kisses and scritches!!

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Bobbie Witcham posted:

Chet is a four-star, four-H cat: Healthy, Happy, Huggable and Handsome.

FTFY

• Locked thread