Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never learned how to play SC but maybe I will. Hell, it's like what if they remade ST excactly as it was but with not atrocious Udon sprites or whatever right. And Well I guess I didn't learn how to play that game but in some ways I kind of did. So maybe I can for this too. Cheers everyone. Oh and this is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i grew up playing this, and i still love watching pro SC and SC2 matches. cant wait to have a nostalgiafest w/ this on the weekend, even if youre afraid of other players it has really good and lengthy singleplayer campaigns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They gave away the original for free as well so I think I'll just do that instead of giving modern Blizzard any money at all. But thanks for the reminder OP, I was meaning to check this out when it came out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

probably gonna end up finally picking up legacy of the void too, they made a lot of great changes to the multi recently

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I was really into SC2 for a while, then I had kids and quit cold turkey.

But if imps are gonna be doing this I'd be up for some games on BGH.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't want to play anyone multiplayer who knows what their doing unless their gonna give me a crash course I can actually learn from, but I'm down to play once I've played the campaign.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is there a good resource for learning SC1 for a complete noob. I find watching the game on Twitch and stuff almost impenetrable but it doesn't seem like the multi is similar to the campaign in how you play.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

From what I remember the campaign doesn't have the like two decades worth of balance changes applied, yeah.

I never really figured out how to play SC1 outside of custom money maps which were just a giant field of minerals spelling out "gently caress YOU".

E: if you're learning we can just do 2v2 comp stomps and whatnot. Just picking a basic build order and remembering to always build probes will get you pretty far.

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 15, 2017

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh if there's 2v2 I guess I could learn the basics that way.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

As a kid I only played the pokemon custom map.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Oh if there's 2v2 I guess I could learn the basics that way.

Like the timings and strategy are all different than they'd be in a real 1v1 match but that stuff is way less important for a newb than just remembering to always be building poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yea I figured.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
drinking red wine, eating doritos and watching day9s launch stream with tastosis. living the life

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Actually the graphic style is kinda poo poo, this looks like a mobile game or something.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
changed my mind again, these probe explosions are hilarious lol

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!! :)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ristolaz posted:

FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!! :)

Horde Life 'Til the Morgue Life.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Syncopated posted:

Actually the graphic style is kinda poo poo, this looks like a mobile game or something.

its the same as it was before, just super uprezzed and cleaned up

spent all night watching the vods for shoutcraft kings

Wormskull posted:

Is there a good resource for learning SC1 for a complete noob. I find watching the game on Twitch and stuff almost impenetrable but it doesn't seem like the multi is similar to the campaign in how you play.

the SP is really good at teaching you the units and controls and stuff in both games, but if you really wanna learn to dive into 1v1 there are a lot of great tutorial series on youtube you could easily look up. i feel like throwing out general tips would turn this into a dark souls thread

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i never beat the starcraft campaign or did any 1v1s. however i did play 100000 hours of custom maps

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i never beat the starcraft campaign or did any 1v1s. however i did play 100000 hours of custom maps

i never played the mods growing up but i was super into the custom stuff in sc2, especially coop maps that let you have totally broken custom units

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i have a big crush on the sc caster tasteless, but I don't find SC2 watchable anymore. brood war was really the poo poo and even though i will never reach even an intermediate skill level in the game competitively, I still love to both play and watch it, so I hope this is a good thign

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i was more of a C&C kid but i'm happy for the gamers

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

i have a big crush on the sc caster tasteless, but I don't find SC2 watchable anymore. brood war was really the poo poo and even though i will never reach even an intermediate skill level in the game competitively, I still love to both play and watch it, so I hope this is a good thign

i feel like LOTV made it watchable now that theres no 5 minutes of nothing at the start of every match and players are forced to be aggressive and expand quickly, the balance changes are also constant and theyre not afraid to totally redesign units and really shake things up.

this release is reviving the sc1 scene, and the sc2 scene just exploded w/ the recent content releases. what a time to be alive

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

now theres a game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh right my Battle name is wormskull#1270. If that's even what you go by in this.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

If you really loved Tasteless you would still watch SC2. Fake

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

rediscover posted:

If you really loved Tasteless you would still watch SC2. Fake

he and artosis are busy raising children and making a family together... he's chosen his side... for both of us...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hope we can play cool custom maps like Marine Special Forces and Starship Troopers

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i finally nerved myself up to play some ladder. i am losing every game but i can see obvious things i'm doing wrong i need to fix each time, and i don't really expect to win when i have a huge uphill battle to acquaint myself with the game.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

is anyone ready for some motherfuckin BOUND MAPS

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did anyone from here add me.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Did anyone from here add me.

No but thanks for reminding me I'll do it tonight after battle.net loads three years of missed patches

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The battle.net client won't let me install Starcraft and the Error Code just says Something went wrong!. I also have like 6 differnt blizzard accounts because whenever I stopped and restarted playing WoW years ago I kept making new accounts and most of them have been hacked by Chinese gold farmers and disabled so I don't know which one still works.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2t80SV54dw&t=68s

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
I remember playing different versions of the thing, nuke the whales and can you stop 1 unit clear as day.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i want to play red alert 2 again that game was sweet

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Yobgoblin posted:

I remember playing different versions of the thing, nuke the whales and can you stop 1 unit clear as day.

I have never played a tower defense game that was better than any SC map

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

mysterious loyall X posted:

i want to play red alert 2 again that game was sweet

Command & Conquer and Warcraft 2 came out in 1995. Command & Conquer: Red Alert came out in 1996. Starcraft came out in 1998. Tiberian Sun came out in 1999. Red Alert 2 came out in 2000. Warcraft 3 came out in 2002. We're never going to have it that good again. Valedictions, gamer.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Added you wormskull. I'm WangPeng#1940 if anyone wants to play SC 1 or 2 or whatever sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Had a dream I was playing SC for the first time, as zerg, and within 2 minutes someone sent one of those sniper units to scout my base before it even occured to me to send one of my things to look for them.

• Locked thread