Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hope we can play cool custom maps like Marine Special Forces and Starship Troopers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Major Isoor posted:

Oh whaaaat, so that's all been reverted now? Well, that counts me out, I guess. It's been a feature in AoE2 since 1999, so it's insane that people think it should be changed back for this remaster, haha
Yeah exact replication was kinda the premise though I guess they made it widescreen at least? Replays are compatible between them even.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 24, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It'd be cool if you could at least toggle those features on in custom games.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Neurosis posted:

having options for high apm micro seems good to me, so long as none of it is only required by things that make are pointless handicaps zerg injections are a good example of a pointless macro sink ,as has been said. there's some opportunity cost in that it delays dropping creep but realistically everyone's going to keep making GBS threads out larvae non-stop and creep is a second priority, so it's just a dumb sink - i was kind of wrong, it's not totally autocast, but you can queue injects, so it's not too bad.

Yeah it's designed to be fiddly on purpose, none of those mechanics pay rent in terms of how interesting they are strategy-wise vs how much mandatory distracting clicking they add.

• Locked thread