Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Tell me that's shopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Hahahahaha

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Norton is a terrible comic. He is only popular because O&A fans show up at his shows. He would be nothing without being the third mic on their show. He is good at riffing on a radio show though but after awhile you realize 90% of his jokes fall into two categories and they are rephrased jokes that he's used countless times.

The same can be said about some other comedians still pulling enough people to do shows because of their O&A days of sitting in on the show. (Bob Kelly, Rich Vos)

Case closed.

What's weird is that I think Vos is the only actually funny stand-up out of these three

Edit: I just went on YouTube to confirm this, and I now retract this statement

big boi fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 9, 2019

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I saw there were four new posts and assumed that someone had died

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Terry Clifford as a horse is one of the meanest, funniest photoshops I've seen in my life. Was a sidebar pic in the subreddit

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

"standalone fruit"

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/StreetFightWCRS/status/1178823100869283840?s=19

I can't believe I paid 5 bucks to hear this, but I did. Dudes from Chapo and Street Fight Radio did a 2+ hour podcast on Opie and Anthony

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Update: It was pretty good, sorta worth the money since I get a couple more shock jock podcasts out of it, but the Street Fight guy spent waaaay too much of it relating O&A to his own career in podcasting. They love Ron Bennington though

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Vichan posted:

Or this part:

I never really listened to Ron & Fez all that much but now I feel I should.

I got into R&F YouTube clips a while ago, and man has it aged better than most of O&A. The Earl-Dave fights are great

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Oh what the hell, I love Earl and had no idea

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

How many eight year olds could you beat up

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

We have the commonality of language

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I can't believe I wasted so much of my adolescence listening to that show

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Stotty posted:

Your mom's box

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Lol that's really Spaz wtf

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Shocked when I squinted and saw the vid had 41k and not 4.1k views

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I remember Sam being a real political know-nothing dipshit, too

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Yikes. Pro-click right here

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

AndrewP posted:

I miss Shelby

I didn't listen to much Shelby era Ron and Fez but I sometimes think about him describing not being able to cum

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Vichan posted:

I'm not loying, I actually couped the Myanmar government, alrioght?

Lol

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://newrepublic.com/article/161200/alt-right-comedy-gavin-mcinnes-problem

I thought they would probably mention OnA in this, and this is the first paragraph lmao:

quote:

In the dark recesses of the internet lurks a man who goes by ToxicCisWhiteMaleFat. He makes his home on onaforums.net, a community named after the shock jock duo Opie & Anthony—a safe space to say what cannot be said offline. He’s posted in threads like “N----r hate thread #1,” “The K-ke Hate Thread,” “Juno comes out as a tranny,” and “OFFICIAL Post-Election Voter Fraud THREAD,” where he called Joe Biden “a pedophile retard who’s about to die in the oval office.” Elsewhere he’s derided the Covid-19 vaccine, which he calls “gook juice” and “chinky jew sauce.” Last year he revealed his Twitter account, @ApevonTarskin. The username matches a commenter on Thought Catalog, which ToxicCisWhiteMaleFat has said he trolled after it retracted a transphobic essay by Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes. His contributions there were more of the same. Under a 2015 post titled “When You Love ‘The Chase,’” he once commented, “There is not a more despicable human on this earth than a fat white n----r fucker. Get an AIDS test. You have it.”

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/mindykaling/status/154328129517793280

Some other comic brought up that Seth Simons conveniently left out the actual big celebrities who were buddies with Gavin McInnes, and I have to agree that's it's a pretty loving wormlike omission.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

This and the Jim Norton Roast are what got me into O&A. I listened to mp3s I got on Limewire over and over again while playing CS. Really should have stopped there

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Someone tweet that at Felix Biederman. That is distilled uncle magic

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

JFC posted:

Ron is talking today about how he can't remember any appointments unless they go through Chris Stanley or "Deb", the person that runs theinterrobang.com. HappyTypingGirl's name was Deb, is that the same person?

I can't believe this is taking up space in my brain but yes

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

She can pick em? That post isn't about Anthony?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

No it's about Topanga's husband who made a fake tweet about finding shrimp tails in his Cinnamon Toast Crunch that went viral.

I hope you understand that this post clarified absolutely nothing for me

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Lol

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

gently caress. RIP Fez.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Sometimes I wonder what Anthony would be like if Patrice were alive.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Morter posted:

I definitely have to binge-listen the Earl freakouts

Starting with the Faildozer

"Here's some other people who had Paul-O on their side."

(Deafening silence)

For all the poo poo that has aged badly from R&F and especially from O&A, Earl's freakouts have stood the test of time

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Morter posted:

What was the Ron & Fez moment where Fez was mad and Ron asked if it was a work or a shoot, and Fez said 'work', messing up the whole flow because Ron kept bringing that up.

I somehow listened to this recently. I think it was Fez offering to do laundry

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

"Did you sell any washboards today?" might be the funniest line in either show's history

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Fabricated posted:

It's funny to me that everyone involved in o&a turned out to be thin skinned boomers to such a degree when the one genuinely positive thing I took away from listening to it for years was that it was okay to bomb/gently caress up and sometimes that's funnier than what you were going for. Everyone turned out to just be insanely prissy despite being able to do stuff like bring in old tapes and get slaughtered by their colleagues for hours as like a million people listen.

You're telling me that people who get off on offending others sometimes turn out to be insecure babies?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Wow

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Good lord is Anthony a piece of poo poo

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I was listening to the Lady Di internship recently. It's amazing how funny and easygoing Anthony used to be. At one point Dr. Steve says that the timing of Di's death will be "between her and her creator," and instantly Ant goes, "Dr. Frankenstein?"

Of course by then he was already a massive racist, but now he's not even a funny racist.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Ron: My brother was a chief in the Coast Guard
Listener: I'm a chief
Ron: Oh, really? Well, you and him should probably do that thing that you do.

Ron (to Dave): You would never be able to get into the Coast Guard
Dave: No, I would love to. I love the open seas.
Ron: Well, you don't go that far out. You only go about twelve feet out.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

AndrewP posted:

I discovered R+F way after Fez had gone downhill, I think around 2012 when I got a new car with satellite radio.

Was there a triggering thing that started Fez’s spiral?

"You never cut me any slack!" was the beginning, as far as I know. That and the heart attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I hardly ever listen to Opie and Anthony clips anymore, but I put on Ant's mother-in-law "I wanna go home" stories and they're so good. Imagine if we could have had that version of Ant for longer