Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

T Bowl posted:

How have the Benningtons been doing?

everyone is fine. unfortunately that will never be as compelling for radio as the Fez Meltdown Era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wow, thanks for the link to this archive.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

feigning interest posted:

one of my favorite things on r&f was that fez would buy breakfast for pepper every morning unless he was angry at him over something dumb so for a while ron would start every show by asking him if he had eaten breakfast and if the answer was 'no' then he'd immediately play hunger strike by temple of the dog

lmao I was not aware this was a thing but that's hilarious

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Another Bill posted:

Fwiw I met Ron outside the Stand last year and he was a super nice guy. I loving embarrassed to walk up and tell him I was a fan (my wife goaded me into it) but Ron was extremely gracious and even asked us a bunch of questions about where we were from, our kids etc. Nice dude, really nice dude. Zero sign of the gruff radio tough act.

old post but this is nice to hear. I haven't subscribed to SiriusXM in at least a year but I do miss listening to Ron during lunch. based on the past few pages it seems like nothing has changed since I dropped it but that's probably good since it seemed like they were in a good place once Gail got there (though not as utterly compelling as the Silent Fez days).

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

TL posted:

Kiss?

greatest three hours in radio history

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ron and Fez was well worth a subscription, clearly Bennington isn’t to me since I haven’t reupped in a while but I was thinking I’d like to for 5 a month so I could listen to it at lunch

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

TL posted:

Everyone in this thread needs to shut their cakehorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7IXfEXUy4E

Shelby was great.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9L6MRL74Vo

the infamous Identity Guard live read

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

big boi posted:

I got into R&F YouTube clips a while ago, and man has it aged better than most of O&A. The Earl-Dave fights are great

R&F was such a bizarre circus that will probably always be great to revist. God bless Disco Dog on Youtube for posting tons of clips.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I can't believe Earl's back. has he passed out yet this year?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

You know, Ron never sits around and talks poo poo about Fez. Anthony and Jim are pathetic.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Stotty posted:

It's 10 years since the St Patrick's Day meltdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg7chXk76do

Don't choke on that slice of pizza there, fatty.

Amazing cold open.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

In all seriousness I hope Ron doesn’t catch this thing. Or Fez. Pretty sure both fall under the at-risk designation.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

TL posted:

Jeffrey Gurian is in the hospital with coronavirus.

Unsurprising that Jeffrey Gurian can't socially distance. Hope he recovers.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

everyone wear hats now posted:

One of my favorite things about Ron and fez is that every awful impression that comes up, has the line "I'm (persons name)" every thirty seconds, just to hammer it home.

any opportunity to link this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryUS6wrs6c

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah that felt like a planned bit but him yelling at Shelby felt extremely real lol

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Holy poo poo you're right. Glad to see it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBt7HjnpA0m/

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Did Gail have a kid? Man I’ve been out of the loop after dropping Sirius.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

How are the Benningtons doing these days? Doing the show remote still?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

JFC posted:

Still remote. They've been building up to the big election...that is, the election of President of the Producers. Chris Stanley is running against Earl Douglas with Vito as Earl's campaign manager. Chris has been making campaign ads and posting them on Instagram and Friday was a big day when Earl got a cameo endorsement from Trump's ex campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, which Chris slammed him on, Earl disavowed, and shocked Gail and Ron. Today it came to light that Margaritaville (nee Hard Rock) Johnny paid for the cameo to gently caress with Earl and Chris has denied knowing about it. You know, your usual Bennington side nonsense.

drat, now you've made me miss it. It's a shame episodes aren't still posted on Audible.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I miss Shelby

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shelby definitely wasn't a great producer but he was great at owning Fez

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shelb and Molly best intern duo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sheen Sheen posted:

I feel like the same thing happened another time, except it was Zito and Troy Quan getting into a fight and Ron basically threatened to kill Zito after he said “you can’t talk to me that way” to him

Apparently threatening interns is a pattern with Ron!

I heard that one, never heard Ron throw Shelby out.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Listening to Ron bennington I always kind of thought of that group as the "new york comedy scene", but I realize now it's just a very specific and lovely strain of the new york comedy scene. And Ron sure pals around with shitbags huh

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sheen Sheen posted:

Homes in America are always supposed to be seen as an “investment” or whatever but every time I read about someone selling a massive eyesore mansion like this it seems like they always take a huge bath on it—I guess I’m just not reading about all the people who sell their own Cumia compounds and actually make money off them?

Looks like he bought it in 2006, near the top of the housing bubble.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't listened in a few years but bring back Shelby imo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

who's the guy that always called Ron "boss"?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Oh right, I was confusing him with Hard Rock Johnny.

Mikey Boy and Mafia Life Chris are familiar names but I can't say I remember anything they ever did on the show.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

still prefer that to some crappy comedian guest.

Ron was friends with all these O+A adjacent NY comedy guys and had them on the show, but was so much funnier than any of them. like do people actually find Rich Vos funny?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

fair enough, it's been a long time and I just remember never being impressed.

speaking of comedian guests, I'll never forget the time Ron and Fez had Todd Barry in and it was horribly awkward, and not funny Fez awkward. can't remember the specifics but I think Fez brought up some grim news story and Todd was extremely uncomfortable joking about it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ah gently caress. RIP Fezzie. You helped make some of the weirdest and most compelling radio ever.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I've definitely heard it but I can't seem to find the clip. I think Ron got held up at security for some reason.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

JFC posted:

I used to listen to O&A and R&F while playing pc games and there are times when I hear clips from old shows and I'm suddenly taken back to a Call of Duty II custom map that I haven't thought of in years.

yeah the connection between listening to something and what I was doing when listening is weirdly strong. one clip makes me think of a specific area of Borderlands 2 I was playing when I listened to it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Right about at the end of Molly and Norys’ call Molly asks how Fez is doing

oh my god Molly

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I actually commend Molly from removing herself so far from the world of shock radio that she wasn't even aware

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mob posted:

Ron's mom passed away leading to this great line

https://twitter.com/RonnieBquotes/status/1586799639449276416

lmao

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Vichan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiLKzoSUyG8

The Opester showing everyone how it's done.

his friends are just out of frame, laughing too

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The sniper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz0oOTxPZbU