Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

What really bugs me about kick blocks is the animation. It's always just the holder taking too long to spin the laces out and there's just two seconds where you can see what's going to happen and can't do anything to stop the impending return touchdown

But you see for [insert incompetent dev] it was his baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

My favorite thing is people who continued to actually tryhard to get a jump on fg blocks well after it was revealed that blocks are entirely rng

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
That playbook graphic actually is kind of hopeful for me. Getting ultimate team out of the way early seems to bode well for the rest of the items on that list. Also Ultimate team doesn't have an outsized piece compared to everything else.

I know I'm grasping at straws.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

You mean the one that randomly just dicerolls and decides you got blocked
I guess? I mean it's a bit of an improvement over the previous versions that had kick attempts that literally couldn't be blocked. In my debug builds I'd turn off penalties, get guys to basically stand right near the kicker and have the ball hiked. I'd use my controller played to drill the gently caress out of the kicker, who would then have his leg warp through my player and my tackle to still make the kick. I really wish I had recorded it on my phone because it was always goddamned hilarious.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I honestly don't give a poo poo about kick blocks being dice rolls because the other option is having some nerdlinger find out the exact pixel to stand on to get one 80% of the time. idk how the math is actually done but if it's a higher percentage (while still relatively very low) for having better kick block people on your team then I'm fine with that.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

They did reveal a few details about one of the changes they're making to franchise mode. I really hope it's not the only one. It's called player positional archetypes. Basically it lets you set player roles? I guess we'll see what the next few weeks bears out.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

They did reveal a few details about one of the changes they're making to franchise mode. I really hope it's not the only one. It's called player positional archetypes. Basically it lets you set player roles? I guess we'll see what the next few weeks bears out.

all thats going to do is adjust overall and not make a real impact

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Their e3 event site says its coming to pc as well but i don't trust them about that poo poo. THis game is terrible but i'll probably buy it again because i have brain worms. Hi Oberst.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Give me a moddable Madden

loving please.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

zimbomonkey posted:

Give me a moddable Madden

loving please.

If it's anything like fifa it won't be moddable at all really.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I believe.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just port over madden 11 draft classes verbatim so I can terriorize the league with Marcus Byler on outside blitzes every down.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

hopterque posted:

Their e3 event site says its coming to pc as well but i don't trust them about that poo poo. THis game is terrible but i'll probably buy it again because i have brain worms. Hi Oberst.

it says that every year for some reason and it never comes to pass.

people still mod madden 08 and mvp 05 for christ's sake, they only have to let one version hit PC for the modmakers to be set for years

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
guys you can play madden 19 already just download the updated draft classes with all the rookies h2h

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Nice to see they are back to releasing Madden at the beginning of August instead of right before Labor Day. Makes the doldrums of the preseason go faster when you are using a bunch of scrubs in franchise mode that will be off the team by final cuts.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I honestly don't give a poo poo about kick blocks being dice rolls because the other option is having some nerdlinger find out the exact pixel to stand on to get one 80% of the time. idk how the math is actually done but if it's a higher percentage (while still relatively very low) for having better kick block people on your team then I'm fine with that.

There is no kick block stat it's 100% random.

And no, its much better to have players actually have meaningful interaction with each other and the game, even if it means actual kick block jumping could in some way be optimized and exploited. Getting a block or being blocked because the game is about to go to two possessions late, and the game decides this is when Justin tucker will do the retard shuffle during a kick is loving stupid

Tldr devs are trash

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

Nothing will make a real impact and the game play is going to be the same as last year

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I laughed way too hard at "the retard Shuffle"

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
player archetypes will end up being some bullshit for the play a player career mode and the actual mode will still be trash because the devs are poo poo

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
But what about Longshot? I cant wait to continue the story of Devin Wade, where my choices really matter!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

But what about Longshot? I cant wait to continue the story of Devin Wade, where my choices really matter!

i did like the only actual choice that matters is your favorite team. visceral narrative

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Not true, you can also gently caress over your buddy's career

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If you didn't pick cowboys as the favorite team then you didn't get the true ending

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Longshot: Either be a dick to your friend or an idiot and also it doesn't matter.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

Not true, you can also gently caress over your buddy's career

both get an NFL shot so it doesn't matter

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I thought if you didn't throw the ball to him he didn't get drafted and you did.

It's been a while and apparently this story wasn't that memorable.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Longshot: Either be a dick to your friend or an idiot and also it doesn't matter.

drat hella realism

Oberst
May 24, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/8mvmx0/maddens_future_is_all_mut_based_on_new_sr_producer/

Tldr "why would you play franchise? We can't monetize that!"

ea and devs are trash

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

ea and devs are trash

Oberst
May 24, 2010

embarrassing

Oberst fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 3, 2018

Oberst
May 24, 2010

embarrassing

Oberst fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 3, 2018

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What happened to the old one?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

We only had one channel in the general tff discord. Everybody asked for a separate madden dedicated one

Oberst
May 24, 2010

sorry im garbage

https://discord.gg/WrhBdfk

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Madden: It's Bad!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

That may be a little bit dramatic. EA could never wage war. They would charge soldiers for their own bullets.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Look man you buy 100 dollars in 7.62 ammo we'll throw in an extra 5 crates, thats 120 dollars in value!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Or you could just subscribe to the EA Accessenwaffen and get access to unlimited pre-WW1 era guns and bullets or the occasional new wacky zeppelin that they figured out doesn't work 2 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

• Locked thread