Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Then I learned that it's really easy to access detailed enemy info, down to damage and tile movement, through the Tacticam

Tacticam is great for things like knowing exactly how far you can bait a Smasher back and forth without getting squashed. You should use Tacticam when you play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Weird issue. Can somebody else test this? I've been playing this game docked with a Pro Controller like I do with 99% of my Switch time, but now I'm on the way to my mother-in-law's with my wife driving. It's 5 hours so I thought I'd take Mario+Rabbids with me. I kinda hate the Joy-Con so I brought my Pro Controller as well. I have the Switch in my lap. The Pro is connected and working fine in the system menus, but when I go into the game it goes dead. The Joy-Con still work but not the Pro Controller. I have three cart Switch games (including this one) and four digital downloads, and this is the only game that behaves this way. Does this particular game not support Pro Controller in "tabletop" mode for some reason?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

ihatepants posted:

I use my pro controller with my switch all the time while i'm in tablet mode. Have you tried restarting the system?

Yeah, I do too. It's specifically Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle that doesn't seem to allow it. Every other game I've tried works just fine.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

If anyone else is having this issue, try this fix. It worked for me. Evidently this is a thing that has been happening to folks.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

Your joycons are connected to the system, aren't they.

Yep. That turned out to be the problem. But, like, why would I take them off ever? Also no other game I've played on Switch requires you to detach the Joy-Con in order to use a Pro Controller in tabletop mode. That doesn't seem like an intuitive requirement to me. But yes, it works if you disconnect them.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Dizz posted:

Really though why isn't Donkey Kong in this?

Keep playing, guy.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Theta Zero posted:

I would rank bounce/push and fire above honey and freeze. All three trigger overwatch abilities and can lead up to 1-turn kills on a pretty much any enemy, although fire isn't as helpful as it can also get your temmates. Honey's just sort of situational.

I agree with this and would add that freeze is materially better than burn, which deserves to be on its own tier at the bottom.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Theta Zero posted:

I don't remember who said Luigi was bad but

I literally don’t remember anyone at all saying this anywhere in this thread. We’ve all been saying he’s the best character since the beginning.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

When a challenge says "100% super effect" in the rules, it's a cue that you'll need to get your characters bounced by a smasher

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Dr. Fetus posted:

I really do wish your party was fully customizable. Being stuck with Mario and at least 1 Rabbid puts a damper on things.

That was the most refreshing thing about the co-op missions

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

Rabbid Peach is OK but healing is way less desirable than just being able to kill dudes faster

Once you start facing the endgame challenges you realize that R.Peach isn't about healing as much as she's about having a second sentry. Remote AOE is pretty much essential to mob control in the hardest scenarios (R.Mario melee AOE just gets murdered instantly).

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I was kinda lazy and distracted by other poo poo but I finally got Perfect in every stage and completed every challenge... except the ultimate challenges.

Holy poo poo those stages do not gently caress around. Any tips aside from don't die?

Yes, take two sentries (so R.Peach and Luigi) and spend all your money getting the best two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

The final drop in January adds more story content, but you can only buy them both as a bundle; no a la carte. Breath of the Wild did the exact same poo poo. I guess this is how Switch DLC is gonna go. Which sucks for people like me who typically avoid “season pass” type stuff on Xbox and just pick and choose the parts of them that interest me.

• Locked thread