Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm the
Crazy One
Badass Princess
Unstable
Leader
#Sassy #NoFilter
Eale Eye
Macho Man
Explosive Head
View Results

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Which weapons should I be going for? Coins seem a bit stingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

Which weapons should I be going for? Coins seem a bit stingy.

Mario and Rabbid Luigi #1

Whoever else you wanna do after that just comes to preference.

After learning that vamp is a status effect and not just a on-hit thing that rabbit has not left my party.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah and getting double dash on Rabbid Luigi just makes it even better

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Mario / Ruigi / Luigi seems like the normal comp, and then you just swap someone else in situationally (Rario for mobs, Peach for heals, Yoshi for tanking).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I already said it once

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rabbid Luigi is my MVP.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Beelzebozo posted:

Weird issue. Can somebody else test this? I've been playing this game docked with a Pro Controller like I do with 99% of my Switch time, but now I'm on the way to my mother-in-law's with my wife driving. It's 5 hours so I thought I'd take Mario+Rabbids with me. I kinda hate the Joy-Con so I brought my Pro Controller as well. I have the Switch in my lap. The Pro is connected and working fine in the system menus, but when I go into the game it goes dead. The Joy-Con still work but not the Pro Controller. I have three cart Switch games (including this one) and four digital downloads, and this is the only game that behaves this way. Does this particular game not support Pro Controller in "tabletop" mode for some reason?

Your joycons are connected to the system, aren't they.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Team size is a bit small... constantly have to choose between luigi and peach depending on the map! Fugg!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I seem to be able to get the highest primary and secondary on each character and I'm still sitting at like 7k in world 3.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

RCarr posted:

Speaking of easy mode, is there a penalty for using it? Can you still get a perfect score with the coin reward if you use easy mode?

I haven't used it yet, but I'd like to know for the future when the game starts getting harder.

I'm bad and caved a couple of times and used easy mode and there's absolutely no coin penalty

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Dizz posted:

I seem to be able to get the highest primary and secondary on each character and I'm still sitting at like 7k in world 3.

Yea I've got like 5-6k going into world 3 as well. I feel like people are trying to buy all the weapons and/or doing zero challenges.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Do the upgrades to Vamp Dash drain % also include subsequent damage done by other party members?

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Just had a rabbid try to get away from the Green Death, and just as it jumped in a pipe Luigi hit it with a reaction shot and the only thing that came out the other end of the pipe was a bunch of coins. :3

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Really liking how the music changes in World 2 depending on if you're running on sand or snow. Also got my first non-perfect score on the second battle in World 2. My flawless run :negative:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Nephzinho posted:

Your joycons are connected to the system, aren't they.

Yep. That turned out to be the problem. But, like, why would I take them off ever? Also no other game I've played on Switch requires you to detach the Joy-Con in order to use a Pro Controller in tabletop mode. That doesn't seem like an intuitive requirement to me. But yes, it works if you disconnect them.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Argue posted:

Do the upgrades to Vamp Dash drain % also include subsequent damage done by other party members?

Yes, it does.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
lol everyone died in the first battle of 2-8 but I still got the win because I killed the last enemy at the same time

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Just played the first bit of this, and I have to say I really like the in between mission running around? Like it's simple and basically downtime, but a lot of times in say Fire Emblem I'll finish a tough mission and want to just chill out for a bit before diving into another, instead of slamming them down rapid fire. Some other people probably feel the opposite though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Just played the first bit of this, and I have to say I really like the in between mission running around? Like it's simple and basically downtime, but a lot of times in say Fire Emblem I'll finish a tough mission and want to just chill out for a bit before diving into another, instead of slamming them down rapid fire. Some other people probably feel the opposite though.

I like them too and they're nice for downtime but it's weird playing a Mario game and not being able to jump. I wish they added that even if it didn't do anything other than a simple animation.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I just finished the world 1 minoboss, jeez what a bloody battle. The boss should've put Mario down but went for rabbid peach instead, thankfully.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish you could switch out Mario.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish you could switch out Mario.

Same.

He's pretty good I guess but Peach and Luigi would be amazing:(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
gotta admit, never thought I'd see the day a mario game had boob guns

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

I just did Challenge 2-5 where you only have 5 turns to move Toad to the exit, and it takes 5 turns to get him to the exit. Turn 5, 3-steps from the goal, Wham. Honey. :xcom:

Or should I say...

So far, the game is great, but I'm a little worried about the overall value, since I've had it a few days and I've already cleared 2 of the 4 levels and most of the available challenges. Maybe I'm just a bit skew because the last 2 games I bought had 100+ hours of content [BotW and MH4U], but I'm concerned that it needs a procedural map&enemy mode for endgame replayability.

DapperDuck posted:

I'm losing coins somewhere then, can't explain it. Had around 400, tried a challenge, failed, respecced, beat it won 150 coins and only had 150 coins exactly to my name, which makes absolutely no sense because I'd been picking up over world coins the whole time.

Double check that you've done system and game updates. I read that the 'free respecs' was added on the launch day patch as a last minute [good] decision, so if you're playing the core disk game it might cost gold.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zore posted:

Same.

He's pretty good I guess but Peach and Luigi would be amazing:(

The ability for all Mario or all Rabbid character teams would be nice too. I'll consider the DLC if it switches things up in that way.

along the way
Jan 18, 2009
I'm pretty much exclusively using bounce and push. Bouncing an enemy for multiple buffed overwatch shots is the own zone.

super taunt
Aug 17, 2008

fierce
roundhouse
HMFF!
The cutscene after beating Rabbid Kong was loving great

Only got 'fair' on the fight though because it took a few turns to get how to do it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Final boss is a pretty cool design but it sucks that you're almost garunteed to game over to him once to figure out his phase 3 gimmick. Kinda soured me on the fight as it was 30-35 minutes lost just so the game could give you the middle finger.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The Midboss battle theme would be the most Grant Kirkhopest piece of music ever if it only contained brassy tubas

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

But it does!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't believe this game slowly built up hype since E3 and then at the last minute hit me with a Grant Kirkhope finishing blow. I'm surprised I didn't hear about that until last week.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The world 1 challenge with a bunch of minibosses and chain chomps was the first time I felt pretty frustrated with a battle. The chain chomps were really hard to predict and there would be some enemies that had the target indicator but they wouldn't go for them (probably because of distance), and enemies being able to spawn and move and attack right after the chomps felt pretty bad.

I only managed to eke out a win after a couple tries because Rabbid Luigi is ridiculous

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Double check that you've done system and game updates. I read that the 'free respecs' was added on the launch day patch as a last minute [good] decision, so if you're playing the core disk game it might cost gold.

I don't think I updated anything before I started playing, so this is most likely it! Thank you for confirming I'm not crazy!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Thank god for whatever dude decided that last minute

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Oh poo poo it does
The music is amazing in this game. Wish it would have a little bit more of a Mario flair to it though. Some of the pieces would fit right into any golden age Rare game (which isn't a bad thing at all)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
3-7 is probably the roughest chapter in the game so far. I actually had to mix up my team to beat it without a death and ditch Rabbid Yoshi.

Rabbid Yoshi is pretty meh overall? He gets an insane number of enemy dashes, but the lowest damage on them in the game. Grenades are basically the worst secondary weapon type and his minigun is kinda pathetic and has a stupidly low crit chance. His yell is okay for triggering overwatch or playing keepaway from the smashy dudes, but his shield is really bad compared to the rest of the Rabbids since it only lasts for 1 or 2 hits.

Hes also the only Rabbid without healing or Vampire access, has the worst health of anyone but Luigi (who is holy poo poo squishy) and generally feels pretty :effort:

I do like his animations though

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Zore posted:

Hes also the only Rabbid without healing or Vampire access, has the worst health of anyone but Luigi (who is holy poo poo squishy) and generally feels pretty :effort:

Does Rabbid Mario have some kind of heal?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Argue posted:

Does Rabbid Mario have some kind of heal?

He has the Vampire property as an option for both his weapons. So its way less consistent than Rabbid Peach's heal or Rabbid Luigi's Vampire Dash, but it gives him some sustain.

He also has insane alpha striking ability. I've definitely come around on him.

Can I also say its weird both kinds of crits cost the same to buy for every character when some are wildly superior? Mario/Rabbid Peach/Peach are mostly okay with both elements offering okay benefits but everyone else clearly just wants one while the other pales in comparison. Vampire, Ink and Stone are just ridiculous compared to Fire/Freeze/Honey/Push/Bounce

Zore fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 3, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This game is making me like rabbids and I don't know how I feel about that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Rabbid Yoshi has my favorite animations of any of them. Its adorable :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tender Bender posted:

This game is making me like rabbids and I don't know how I feel about that.

I like how sassy Rabbid Peach is. I want to see Rabbid Peach, Peach and Daisy go out and have a shopping trip

edit: And Bowser

• Locked thread