Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I'm not entirely sure a bird should be driving a motor vehicle to begin with, but if you insist...

I would generally look for something that has been mass produced as an economy car, and is not within the first couple of years of production. Getting all the engineering kinks out of an engine, drivetrain, chassis, is done within the first couple of years.

After that, it's mostly making sure the history is there, and personal preference. Look private party and source car loans from your bank. That way you meet the previous owner and have a shot at getting a feel for the person that drove your new car.

More than that, I'd personally recommend something Japanese and entry-level from the early 2000s. Whatever meets your personal needs in a car might stop you from buying a Honda Fit, but the production methods and reliability most likely won't change much between it and a Honda Pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yeah I'd definitely check that thread out and post there as well. If anyone wants to respond here that's fine too.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wow rude much?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wait hold on what color Hayabusa?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yeah but is it a blue celica ?