Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

anyone have a reaosn i shouldn't be? maybe something i'm not considering. he's no doubt gonna get replaced by someone with poo poo for brains but it's possible they'd be a bit less crypto-fascist seeming than bannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
doesnt really change poo poo

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Most of bannons ideas were so loving terrible they were seen as reprehensible by nearly everyone anytime they were floated. If he's replaced with someone slightly better they slip some more passable but still terrible legislation onto that fuckin desk.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

while i agree with the OP, bannon was in the doghouse by mid-february and became a dead man walking ever since, so

Darkman Fanpage posted:

doesnt really change poo poo

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
bannon was one of the few voices against truly awful foreign policy poo poo, because he saw them as wastes of energy that could be spent on truly awful domestic policy poo poo

so it's not -totally- a good thing

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ze Pollack posted:

bannon was one of the few voices against truly awful foreign policy poo poo, because he saw them as wastes of energy that could be spent on truly awful domestic policy poo poo

so it's not -totally- a good thing

He was a voice for different truly awful foreign policy poo poo, he was one of the people pushing not to certify iran holding up their end of the nuclear deal despite even the iran diehards going "yeah they're clean."

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
bannon was just an adviser

trump is the brains, and he never listened to advice

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
bannon and his ilk were responsible for the only appealing parts of trump's campaign: promises to bring back protectionism and american jobs and infrastructure

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

bannon had those crazy populist/anti-establishment tinges that you only see in real actual fascists, he will be replaced by something less scary and edgy but ultimately just as deadly

it's weird tho. one dead protester and trump essentially ejects what has served as his brain. on the other hand, dubya kept with turdblossom to the bitter end.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ze Pollack posted:

bannon was one of the few voices against truly awful foreign policy poo poo
somebody in the "trump/bannon death watch thread" mentioned that every person nominated for Secretary of the Army decided to withdraw when they heard about what bannon wanted to do. and his infrastructure plan has been turned into standard GOP boilerplate: just let private companies do it with no oversight while they gently caress over workers

papa_november posted:

it's weird tho. one dead protester and trump essentially ejects what has served as his brain. on the other hand, dubya kept with turdblossom to the bitter end.
in spite of what the perception was at the time, dubya was a shrewd operator. he never did something like the muslim ban without making drat sure that it had the OK from lawyers, and even then we had to do some digging to find out we were actually doing that to prisoners

plus, bush and rove go back years. trump and bannon go back months

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

papa_november posted:

bannon had those crazy populist/anti-establishment tinges that you only see in real actual fascists, he will be replaced by something less scary and edgy but ultimately just as deadly

I'm pretty the Bannon exit had been in the works for weeks, at least that's what Maggie Haberman said and she seemed to have a lot of info on the whole deal.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i guarantee you that bannon's responsible for a great deal of the white house leaks

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Now every leak is going to be one of the clearly-written-by-jared leaks.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

race bannon wanted to raise the top tax brackets above 40%

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I never imagined we'd have a president that makes George W. Bush look like a criminal mastermind, but now here we are

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

get that OUT of my face posted:

plus, bush and rove go back years. trump and bannon go back months

Months is a lifetime for ratfuck king Trump, though, so it's comparable.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Isn't he just going from marginalised walking corpse to loud media voice, now he's just trumps man on the outside, if anything maybe he'll be more influential than before idunno

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

every person nominated for Secretary of the Army decided to withdraw when they heard about what bannon wanted to do.
What did he want?

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

What did he want?

A face-to-face discussion.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

steve bannon please post in this thread

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheDon01 posted:

Most of bannons ideas were so loving terrible they were seen as reprehensible by nearly everyone anytime they were floated. If he's replaced with someone slightly better they slip some more passable but still terrible legislation onto that fuckin desk.

trump thought they were pretty aces

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Fewer jokes about self succ

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I thought Steve Bannon was a great president. I hope the next guy does just as good.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

frankenfreak posted:

What did he want?

to not invade Iran.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

i guarantee you that bannon's responsible for a great deal of the white house leaks

his final interview where he talked about north korea and china was SUPER cocainey, like he blatantly got high and started popping off to some guy

I bet he does that a lot except with that interview he hosed up and forgot to say it was off the record or background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

walgreenslatino posted:

to not invade Iran.

that doesn't sound like something bannon would want

• Locked thread