Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I own this cel of Hexxus from Ferngully.

What stuff do you own? Post a picture of the thing. Tell me what the thing is. Don't do the whole "post a thing and make people guess" poo poo, just tell us what it is so we can be impressed.

By the way, someone's gonna be like "Ferngully isn't history!!" Ferngully was made in 1992, which is definitely a history year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
how much did you pay for that?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

how much did you pay for that?

To be honest I don't really remember, north of $400 anyway, less than $700.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

thats batty

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Pick posted:

To be honest I don't really remember, north of $400 anyway, less than $700.

Lol wow

Let's instead post about ops poor spending habits

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Lol wow

Let's instead post about ops poor spending habits

Please let this thread be about cool stuff before the turd patrol tells you something you don't want to hear.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I have cool stuff but its in the car downstairs
I strap a skateboard to my back when I go shopping its v cool

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
why did you buy the cel op?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

why did you buy the cel op?

I wanted an animation cel of a character where Kathy Zielinski was the supervising animator.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I have. 48 year old penis

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I cant post a picture but my cell phone is pretty neat

It can do email!

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
I used to repair wheelchairs and such for work. I had one client with MS who our company took on after all the other mobility dealers in town had written her off as too difficult to handle. She was a three hour drive away so she understood that any work she needed would not be timely, but she had no other choice. She immediately warmed up to me because I was good at my job, I didn't bullshit her with stuff she didn't need like all the other companies did and I fixed a ton of stuff that they had done wrong.

In her foyer, she had a glass case with all these awesome hand sculpted and hand painted ceramics of birds, raccoons, marmots, moose, all kinds of animals. They were awesome. I always admired them, but even more so when she told me that she made them all herself. She never sold them, gave very few away, just made them for herself and put them on display to any visitors. Unfortunately, MS being the bullshit that it is, she was no longer able to make these things. She couldn't even sign her name anymore. She hated that she couldn't make them anymore and she would often look at them longingly.

When I was moving to a new city, she gave me this family of ducks here. I told her I couldn't accept them because she could never make them again and I knew how much that upset her, but she insisted.

When I was leaving, her daughter who lived in the basement saw me with the ducks and accused me of stealing them. She said that there was no way that she would give away one of her most prized possessions to some kid who fixed her chair a handful of times a year when she's been asking for one for years. She flipped out when her mom confirmed that she did indeed give them to me.

lovely camera phone does not do these things justice

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Ducks
Ducks

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

I can't because my nephew is a douche nozzle. I gave him a pair of Nazi binoculars that my dad's uncle Dick captured from a tank commander in the big war. I gave them to him to use Afghanishit when he went over there to get ptsd or whatever. I was told they were "lost in a garage fire" or some poo poo when he came back. Fucker! I know he sold them to some neo-nazi for several thousand bucks when he came back. Dick!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MettleRamiel posted:

I used to repair wheelchairs and such for work. I had one client with MS who our company took on after all the other mobility dealers in town had written her off as too difficult to handle. She was a three hour drive away so she understood that any work she needed would not be timely, but she had no other choice. She immediately warmed up to me because I was good at my job, I didn't bullshit her with stuff she didn't need like all the other companies did and I fixed a ton of stuff that they had done wrong.

In her foyer, she had a glass case with all these awesome hand sculpted and hand painted ceramics of birds, raccoons, marmots, moose, all kinds of animals. They were awesome. I always admired them, but even more so when she told me that she made them all herself. She never sold them, gave very few away, just made them for herself and put them on display to any visitors. Unfortunately, MS being the bullshit that it is, she was no longer able to make these things. She couldn't even sign her name anymore. She hated that she couldn't make them anymore and she would often look at them longingly.

When I was moving to a new city, she gave me this family of ducks here. I told her I couldn't accept them because she could never make them again and I knew how much that upset her, but she insisted.

When I was leaving, her daughter who lived in the basement saw me with the ducks and accused me of stealing them. She said that there was no way that she would give away one of her most prized possessions to some kid who fixed her chair a handful of times a year when she's been asking for one for years. She flipped out when her mom confirmed that she did indeed give them to me.

lovely camera phone does not do these things justice

Worthy of a Dale Carnegie book. Thanks for sharing.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I own this 1955 Rollei Rolleiflex 2.8D. It takes some of the most spectacular photos I've ever seen in my life.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Catastrophe posted:

I own this 1955 Rollei Rolleiflex 2.8D. It takes some of the most spectacular photos I've ever seen in my life.

what the gently caress why does it have two eyes?

e:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Pick posted:

Serious answer. The top lens reflects up to the viewfinder you use to frame and focus with. The bottom lens is calibrated to be exactly in sync with the viewfinder lens and is the lens with a shutter that actually exposes the film when you press the shutter button.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Catastrophe posted:

Serious answer. The top lens reflects up to the viewfinder you use to frame and focus with. The bottom lens is calibrated to be exactly in sync with the viewfinder lens and is the lens with a shutter that actually exposes the film when you press the shutter button.

Huh, cool.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

e:

HOLY poo poo

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
pick trawling for dick pics itt.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

pick trawling for dick pics itt.

I said cool stuff not loving garbage

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Brass, Wood and Crystal Bric-a-brac Décor:

Pick posted:

I said cool stuff not loving garbage
whoops

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I do not have much stuff and furthermore my camera broke so I cannot contribute but I enjoy seeing peoples stuff

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I collect lots of weird stuff. Lots of it is science related in one way or another.

Quack medicine:

Asthmador cigarettes, with Jimson Weed. Used for treating Asthma (Yeah, smoking is a good way of treating Asthma.)

Electropodes. Bimetallic shoe inserts designed to provide electrical stimulation that would energize your life.

Some of my stuff is just geeky nerd stuff, movie props and such.

Assorted prop replicas and skulls

Thermal detonator, Neuralizer and Dooku Lightsaber

Ceti Alpha V's only remaining... indigenous... life form.

Decker's gun from "Blade Runner"

Darth Maul's Lightsaber

Other lightsabers, ornaments, fossils and War memorabilia

Pen presented to Jerry Carr

Pen presented to Deke Slayton

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
gene have you ever argued with an anti-vaxxer and laid the smackdown on them in argumentation and debate?

I don't have any pictures of anything on me that's cool

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

alright pick i got something for you

meet Charlie (yes that is a racist name)

My Grandfather got this when he was working for IBM in the south pacific after world war two. They lived afaik in Japan Thailand and Hawaii during this period and collected all manner of bric a brac including Charlie.

I don't know exactly where Charlie came from exactly but they were living on an island paradise with a Host Family tasked with keeping families like my grandfather's comfortable. One afternoon after a downpour this statue washed out of the hills and down onto the property.

The Host Family was horrified and the translations came through that this was "a monument to the dead" and that it was "very bad luck"

They wouldn't even touch it.

So my Grandparents did what Baka Gweilo Hoalies do and picked the damned thing up and took it home to America.

Now I don't know if it's cursed or not but we've always kept the ritual of giving it offerings and keeping incense near it anyway

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Former DILF posted:

alright pick i got something for you

meet Charlie (yes that is a racist name)

My Grandfather got this when he was working for IBM in the south pacific after world war two. They lived afaik in Japan Thailand and Hawaii during this period and collected all manner of bric a brac including Charlie.

I don't know exactly where Charlie came from exactly but they were living on an island paradise with a Host Family tasked with keeping families like my grandfather's comfortable. One afternoon after a downpour this statue washed out of the hills and down onto the property.

The Host Family was horrified and the translations came through that this was "a monument to the dead" and that it was "very bad luck"

They wouldn't even touch it.

So my Grandparents did what Baka Gweilo Hoalies do and picked the damned thing up and took it home to America.

Now I don't know if it's cursed or not but we've always kept the ritual of giving it offerings and keeping incense near it anyway
yep, looks like an ancestor statue. Maybe you'll get possessed by an old asian guy and be bad at driving for a day.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

based on my opium intake i think that's already happened :ghost:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Another quack medicine item, the OXYDONOR!!!

What is this amazing device?
It's a way of making sure your blood has lots of oxygen in it?

How does it work?
It doesn't. that's the point. It's a Quack device.

What is it?
It's a fancy metal cylinder with two wires that are tied off and sealed in, but not connected on the cylinder end. The other ends have small electrodes attached to elastic straps. You put the cylinder in cold water and strap the electrodes to your ankles. Somehow, magically that forces oxygen into your blood...

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Jeffrey Dahmer fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 19, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

This is a lovely phone picture of Bones from around Christmas time.

He's not historical or even particularly special but he is the coolest piece of loot I ever got from vacant apartments while I was doing apartment maintenance for five years. He has random poo poo I found around the same period around his neck and his skirt is literally a wee little fake velcro Santa beard I put around his boney waist. He chills out near my computer next to whatever beer cans I haven't thrown out yet in a given night as you can see from the twin Yuengling tallboys.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 19, 2017

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
https://www.discogs.com/Burzum-Aske/release/369739

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

This goon killed somebody for these teeth mark my words, prolly hosed with his punkins

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 19, 2017

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Honky Dong Country posted:

This goon killed somebody for these teeth mark my words, prolly hosed with his punkins
Uh, yes; it's pretty well-known that Jeffrey Dahmer killed and ate multiple people.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

He served his time for it and died once already, so I think it's pretty much settled and in the past now.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

Uh, yes; it's pretty well-known that Jeffrey Dahmer killed and ate multiple people.

:thejoke:

Sorry it's usually me that missed the joke so I relish this rare opportunity.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I hope you double bagged that one.

• Locked thread