Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

WaltherFeng posted:

What are the chances for a No HUD No Quest Marker option? Do AC games usually have these?

I feel like this would benefit from this. Instead of obsessively doing everything you just kinda wing it

You could turn the HUD off in Unity and Syndicate, and the majority of Ubisoft's recent games, so that'll probably make it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

There's absolutely going to be HUD toggles, I'm not crazy about 90% of the hud myself.

Especially the damage numbers that pop up during fights, the sparkling poo poo when you gain XP, and Senu's entire eagle UI... looks way too drat much like a drone UI.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Many recent games have gone to a dynamic HUD where they'll only flash relevant quest information, health bars etc. when you're in combat or near a point of interest with almost everything else being customizable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RatHat posted:

Just found out this game comes out on the same day as Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein 2. That might be a problem.

For Wolfenstein maybe.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Kurtofan posted:

will we get to meet gauls

Probably not. Wrong side of the Empire, and not the same time frame as his Gallic conquests. (He met Cleopatra about 2 years after the end of the Gallic Wars, if I remember correctly.) Maybe as slaves, or something?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

de Bello Gallico has him constantly pulling auxilia out of his rear end at random times, so I guess he could bring some to Egypt.

Really though - Roman legions were always bolstered by other troops recruited wherever, so it would be totally historically accurate.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Xander77 posted:

de Bello Gallico has him constantly pulling auxilia out of his rear end at random times, so I guess he could bring some to Egypt.

Really though - Roman legions were always bolstered by other troops recruited wherever, so it would be totally historically accurate.

This is a fair point, I just don't know if they're going to bother making any Roman soldiers that look different than GenericRomanSoldier1, GenericRomanSoldier2, GenericRomanSoldier3, etc.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Probably not. Wrong side of the Empire, and not the same time frame as his Gallic conquests. (He met Cleopatra about 2 years after the end of the Gallic Wars, if I remember correctly.) Maybe as slaves, or something?

Would be cool to met some Galatians who were Celts who migrated to Asia Minor and then were used as mercenaries all over the east.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

thrawn527 posted:

This is a fair point, I just don't know if they're going to bother making any Roman soldiers that look different than GenericRomanSoldier1, GenericRomanSoldier2, GenericRomanSoldier3, etc.

it seems like they are gonna just do the randomized heads with bodies thing with guards so cool i guess. idk. i am just glad gore is back. i missed gore in syndicate.

Deakul posted:

There's absolutely going to be HUD toggles, I'm not crazy about 90% of the hud myself.

Especially the damage numbers that pop up during fights, the sparkling poo poo when you gain XP, and Senu's entire eagle UI... looks way too drat much like a drone UI.

i am sure you will at least be able to toggle the damage numbers/eneime health bars off.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I'm well into my second/first full Syndicate walkthrough. A couple thoughts:

1. I'm midway into sequence 6 and have two and a half boroughs left to conquer, but I'm already level 10, I have perfect equipment, and I own nearly every gang and tool upgrade. I think the same thing happened in my first playthrough, which is why I ended up quitting - so I guess I hope progression will be a bit slower in Origins, or that at least that there will be more places to go progression-wise. Loot will probably help with that a lot.

2. The way the dual player characters are implemented irks me. Storywise, Jacob is the rash bruiser, and Evie is the sneaky assassin, and their exclusive endgame skills reflect that. Problem is, I personally prefer sneaking, so on Jacob's missions I'm doing the same thing as with Evie, except I'm stuck with a shittier skillset. (like, I don't even know what a countershot is?) On top of that, judging by the full-sync criteria on Jacob's missions, it seems like the game wants me to play Jacob sneakily as well, so what's the point of giving them exclusive skills in the first place? Overall, I'm looking forward to not having to deal with this anymore.

3. Things from Syndicate that I hope will make it into Origins:
  • The "autoloot on assassination" skill. Maybe with another "autoloot on any kill" offshoot.
  • I'd love it if the rope launcher appeared in some form, maybe as a simple grappling hook. It makes climbing and air assassinations so much better. It's probably not happening though, otherwise they'd have already shown it off.
  • The little free-roam World War I rift with Lydia was a really nice change of pace. It'd be nice to have something similar in Origins, maybe from WW2, or even the Human-Precursor war.

I'm definitely not quitting this time, but I'm drawing it out as long as I can to temper my hype for Origins.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kxZyle posted:

I'm well into my second/first full Syndicate walkthrough. A couple thoughts:

1. I'm midway into sequence 6 and have two and a half boroughs left to conquer, but I'm already level 10, I have perfect equipment, and I own nearly every gang and tool upgrade. I think the same thing happened in my first playthrough, which is why I ended up quitting - so I guess I hope progression will be a bit slower in Origins, or that at least that there will be more places to go progression-wise. Loot will probably help with that a lot.

2. The way the dual player characters are implemented irks me. Storywise, Jacob is the rash bruiser, and Evie is the sneaky assassin, and their exclusive endgame skills reflect that. Problem is, I personally prefer sneaking, so on Jacob's missions I'm doing the same thing as with Evie, except I'm stuck with a shittier skillset. (like, I don't even know what a countershot is?) On top of that, judging by the full-sync criteria on Jacob's missions, it seems like the game wants me to play Jacob sneakily as well, so what's the point of giving them exclusive skills in the first place? Overall, I'm looking forward to not having to deal with this anymore.

3. Things from Syndicate that I hope will make it into Origins:
  • The "autoloot on assassination" skill. Maybe with another "autoloot on any kill" offshoot.
  • I'd love it if the rope launcher appeared in some form, maybe as a simple grappling hook. It makes climbing and air assassinations so much better. It's probably not happening though, otherwise they'd have already shown it off.
  • The little free-roam World War I rift with Lydia was a really nice change of pace. It'd be nice to have something similar in Origins, maybe from WW2, or even the Human-Precursor war.

I'm definitely not quitting this time, but I'm drawing it out as long as I can to temper my hype for Origins.

they already have auto loot sorta. you pick some stuff up automaticaly and or just press x or whatever over the rest. its not some long proccess. more like witcher or dragon age looting.

also leaks and rumors and sorta the devs have said there will be other rifts. possibly napoleonic Egypt with arno vs shay and old testament Egypt.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Good! :toot:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah. this is the first assassins creed game i have been legit excited about for a while. i am curious how far it goes down the timeline. are they gonna go to cleopatra's death(i assume that will be the expansion pack) or just cover her rise.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

New tidbits from PAX West
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSOl7029JCo

- There will be graffitis in Egyptian, Greek and Latin in the game

- At the time Bayek meets Cleopatra she has already been exiled by Ptolemy's advisors

- The Order of the Ancients is manipulating Ptolemy so that they can have their control over Egypt

- Alexandria is an ordered and structured city. It is very different from other cities in the game, it's a mixture of Egyptian, Greek and Roman culture

- Bayek at the beginning of the game leaves Siwa and goes to Alexandria and meets Aya who is already there for other reasons

- Cyrene / Kyrenaika is a Greek location, founded around 700 years before the events of the game. During such events, it's been under the Egyptian rule for two hundred years but then Egypt gifted it to Rome because it was very indebted with it

- Ubisoft worked with NASA to get satellite pictures that could help in designing and building the game world

- Pharaohs would come to Siwa and its Oracle for a good omen and to be confirmed as gods on Earth. Alexander The Great was the first Greek that received such omen

- Aya is also on a journey to find out what happened in Siwa at the beginning of the game, like Bayek, but it's a different journey

- One of the ideas behind the game is that the birth of the Brotherhood came from a husband and a wife

- Using eyeliners, dyeing hair and wearing wigs was very common in Egypt

- The Great Library of Alexandria was the greatest library existing in that era and it was a center of knowledge for all the Mediterranean Basin. People were copying books from every part of the world to have the biggest
possible amount of knowledge in there

- Hyppodromes are introduced through some quest lines to justify why Bayek is interested in going there but then it becomes an optional activity. There were lots of hyppodromes across Egypt, as mentioned by Durand

- Players will experience The Siege of Alexandria and during it, as shown in a screenshot, Bayek and Caesar will escape from an attack in a chariot

- Origins will contain a lot of anecdotes and details that will connect it to the other games of the franchise

- At the end of the stream, a tease of a video documentary called "Into The Creed" was shown. This documentary will be released soon

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deakul posted:

New tidbits from PAX West
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSOl7029JCo

- There will be graffitis in Egyptian, Greek and Latin in the game

- At the time Bayek meets Cleopatra she has already been exiled by Ptolemy's advisors

- The Order of the Ancients is manipulating Ptolemy so that they can have their control over Egypt

- Alexandria is an ordered and structured city. It is very different from other cities in the game, it's a mixture of Egyptian, Greek and Roman culture

- Bayek at the beginning of the game leaves Siwa and goes to Alexandria and meets Aya who is already there for other reasons

- Cyrene / Kyrenaika is a Greek location, founded around 700 years before the events of the game. During such events, it's been under the Egyptian rule for two hundred years but then Egypt gifted it to Rome because it was very indebted with it

- Ubisoft worked with NASA to get satellite pictures that could help in designing and building the game world

- Pharaohs would come to Siwa and its Oracle for a good omen and to be confirmed as gods on Earth. Alexander The Great was the first Greek that received such omen

- Aya is also on a journey to find out what happened in Siwa at the beginning of the game, like Bayek, but it's a different journey

- One of the ideas behind the game is that the birth of the Brotherhood came from a husband and a wife

- Using eyeliners, dyeing hair and wearing wigs was very common in Egypt

- The Great Library of Alexandria was the greatest library existing in that era and it was a center of knowledge for all the Mediterranean Basin. People were copying books from every part of the world to have the biggest
possible amount of knowledge in there

- Hyppodromes are introduced through some quest lines to justify why Bayek is interested in going there but then it becomes an optional activity. There were lots of hyppodromes across Egypt, as mentioned by Durand

- Players will experience The Siege of Alexandria and during it, as shown in a screenshot, Bayek and Caesar will escape from an attack in a chariot

- Origins will contain a lot of anecdotes and details that will connect it to the other games of the franchise

- At the end of the stream, a tease of a video documentary called "Into The Creed" was shown. This documentary will be released soon

interesting. chariots look fun as gently caress. i hope its longer then just to the end of the siege of alexandria. because her exile/rise was only about 6 months to a year.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
Playing Black Flag for the first time and loving it, is AC3 worth a play if it comes on special? Like did they fix all the bugs in it?

I know it's not Black Flag levels of fun, but just wondering if it's worth playing at all.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

AC3 is definitely worth playing for the Haytham opening alone, unfortunately Connor is boring as poo poo compared to him but the game tackles the whole Assassin v Templar thing a lot better than any other entry in the series so it's worth it for that too.

And it's just an all around great redcoat scalping simulator.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if we really do get a rift where Shay and Arno throw down in Egypt, I wonder if we'd see a cameo appearance by Connor. would be cool to get a nice little bow on the Americas games

I'm kind of excited for this game, the year off actually did have me thinking about the next installment and slowly getting excited

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm almost positive that I heard them say that there won't be any rifts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deakul posted:

I'm almost positive that I heard them say that there won't be any rifts.

have they? it seems weird that they wouldnt after making 2 in row with them, plus they have said multiple playable characters and i am gussing its more then just bayek and Aya.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I loved Blag a Flag and skipped Unity and a Syndicate. I am tempted to get back into Origins.

Is the Juno and other story stuff worth catching up on?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

I loved Blag a Flag and skipped Unity and a Syndicate. I am tempted to get back into Origins.

Is the Juno and other story stuff worth catching up on?

unity had another sage and syndicate shows that she has basicaly infaltraited the world wide web/communications/idk and has people working for her.

syndicate is fun and pretty good.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
:iiam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGD_GKXeyYk

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Whatever that is, it's region locked.

In the US, can't watch it. :negative:

edit: Going to assume that it's this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNNDCtJ63hU

What the hell is going on. :psyduck:
This is some creepy poo poo.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 13, 2017

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The long-awaited Eyes Wide Shut videogame adaptation.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
At least it promises more gameplay for tomorrow. :toot:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEeYxlTw6b8

new trailer

i gotta say, i'm interested

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm still not sure how I feel about random loot in an AC game, but the combat looks really fun, it's pretty, and Egypt is cool, so I'm probably in.

Have they shown much stealth gameplay yet? I'm wondering if they've improved it as much as they've apparently improved combat.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Well, that was certainly a trailer.

There's our string of assassination targets that lead up to whoever the big dog is I guess!

Orv
May 4, 2011
AC game... good? Not just good AC game? :raise:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Deakul posted:

Well, that was certainly a trailer.

There's our string of assassination targets that lead up to whoever the big dog is I guess!

the big dog is anubis according to mythology

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kurtofan posted:

the big dog is anubis according to mythology

Booo

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Bit of a stretch calling that a gameplay trailer.

Looks nice though. That narrator lady was really into it. :3:

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm the legionnary with a fur coat in Egypt.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Kuiperdolin posted:

I'm the legionnary with a fur coat in Egypt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1tN9jZI80

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kxZyle posted:

At least it promises more gameplay for tomorrow. :toot:

not bad. i guess they all have eden powers or some poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-origins-narrative-director-reveals-5-secrets-of-the-new-trailer-war-elephants/

so basicaly the order of the ancients are proto templars and they want to bring egypt into is glory days from the past.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So is there a mega thread for Assassin's Creed? I have some questions and I'm not sure if this is the best thread for it or if there's a better one. They are Assassin's Creed related but not Origins related.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

khy posted:

So is there a mega thread for Assassin's Creed? I have some questions and I'm not sure if this is the best thread for it or if there's a better one. They are Assassin's Creed related but not Origins related.

Just ask it here. most of the time the current AC thread just becomes the megathread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So I decided to catch up on some of the older Assassin's Creed games that I hadn't previously played. Specifically, Assassin's Creed Unity. Since when it came out it was plagued with all the bugs and everybody was just really meh about it I gave it a pass at the time.

So I went ahead and picked it up just to complete the story and I've been playing, but a few things are kind of not making a whole lot of sense. Specifically, Arno seems to have the ability to see his targets memories. But they never really address why he's able to do so. I mean he actually flat out says when I was looking at so-and-so's memories they didn't make sense. So it's not just the player being treated to extra information, it's actually portrayed in the game. Do they ever actually address this later on in the story or anything?

Also, I hear really great things about the murder mysteries. I've done the two that are on the little central island and they're fun enough. The thing is, despite going up in synchronizing it all the drat Towers I can't find any more of the Mysteries. Do you have to unlock them through the story or something?

I haven't really run into many bugs, and the story seems okay enough. I love the setting and the town, the era choice is definitely fun so I just presume that most of the glitches bugs and other things that people were making GBS threads on the game about have probably just been patched out by now.

Although gently caress co-op being required to earn all the skills and weapons and poo poo.