Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just found out this game comes out on the same day as Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein 2. That might be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think direct descendants work better.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of falling how vertical is the game?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow the back of physical copies of games nowadays are bare bones. The back of AC: Origins is just "THE ORIGIN STORY OF THE ASSASSINS" with 3 small pictures. Everything else is technical information.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
2 and Brotherhood were so good

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oops, I kinda sequence broke the first boss by accident. I hope I didn't miss any important cutscenes or anything.

By the way I've heard higher rarity mounts are faster? Is this true?

EDIT: Anyone else unable to download the Desert Cobra pack?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 1, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of that, the (post first boss spoilers)way his son dies is so dumb.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mounted NPCs are a menace

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How do you throw a torch?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, I didn't realize the movie was canon. Godammit Ubisoft.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's a nice touch that Senu won't show you materials for enemies too high leveled for you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The weapons from the Desert Cobra pack are OP as gently caress.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way is there a rarity between Rare and Legendary?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait can you upgrade store weapons for free by selling and then re-acquiring them from the store?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Bleed/Poison on hit seem like the best weapon effects by far. Anyone find anything better?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of unarmed is there any lethal/non-lethal system or is it just for role playing purposes?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there any way to un-invert the Senu controls?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just had a quest where one character was completely silent for some reason, even though their lips were moving. Not even any subtitles. I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not at first since there's another character who had their tongue cut out and can't speak.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
(Minor spoilers at the start for mirages so skip to 1:32 if you care about that)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDzmnIcVZsk

A lot of mechanics they don't tell you about. The one about Sleeping/Poison darts exploding when they hit fire is probably the most useful.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Am I missing something or are chariot races really loving hard?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Coldforge posted:

They kinda are, especially when you start getting into the higher level ones and the other drivers get really aggressive. No way to cheese them that I've figured out, either.

Well as far as I can tell the rewards total like 1500 gold and a horse so no big loss.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Hold Light Attack combo for the Axe is ridiculously powerful. Definitely my favourite weapon type.

EDIT: On the other hand I find Dual Swords near worthless against more than 1 enemy at a time.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 5, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Calaveron posted:

Me either. Also I climbed to the top of I think the biggest pyramid but I found nothing at the top nor did I get like a trophy or anything

You can synchronize up there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So the achievement/trophy for selling 100 trinkets at once is specifically for trinkets, animal parts don't count. I only had like 20 after 10 levels of saving them so this might take a while...

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 6, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh gently caress off Ubisoft, you don't need to tell me about the Trial of the Gods quest EVERY SINGLE TIME I open my menu. I'm only level 24 too so it's not like I could do the quest anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
When Bayek yells he sounds a lot like Arnold Schwarzenegger sometimes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
WAY smaller in scope.

So they still haven't made an Assassin's Creed 5 yet right? I wonder if that'll be the next one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe they'll just cave and finally do one set in Japan.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hopefully Sucker Punch's new game Ghost of Tsushima can break that curse.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

popewiles posted:

I think the only new AC game I would ever buy would be set in late 1940's Buenos Aires and would feature zero templar or alien nonsense, just straight Nazi hunting and murdering.

So I guess Black Flag will remain my last AC game.

I still think World War 1 would be cool.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

corn in the bible posted:

the sword that makes people fall asleep is funny because you can assassinate them

Yeah I've got a shield like that. It even works with animals despite being unable to block their attacks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wish you could switch tools without having to go into the equip menu.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's not very good anyway. Fire feels so weird in this game.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BigglesSWE posted:

I’d love to. But how?

Would also like to be able to pet cats.

If you stand still for a bit Senu will land on your arm. Then you can press Triangle/Y/E to pet her or give her a treat.

For cats just crouch when they come close, you don't need to press anything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So the game acts like I should know who Flavius is. Did he show up earlier and I forgot?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Has anyone played Origins with level scaling on? How well does it work? It sounds good at first but then I thought about how weapon drops probably won't scale so you could get stuck with poo poo weapons if you get too high level.

EDIT: Oh I'm reading that it DOES scale weapon drops?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DrNutt posted:

Okay why the gently caress is there no "pet cat" button in Origins???

Because it's automatic. Just stand still next to a cat for a few seconds.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe you have to be crouched, I can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Alchenar posted:

They're also worth playing because Origins took the gameplay in quite a different direction. I'd say Revelations is also skippable because it was literally a filler game they made because they needed a game the year before AC3 was ready.

But the cinematic trailer was so rad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Ixo7QXw_E