Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Can they just kill Shaun off finally? I'm so sick of that guy's smarmy bullshit. I still think it's a bizarre design choice to have combat where getting fuckin run-through with swords and spears isn't a fatal move :psyduck: Hopefully it was just a difficulty level thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Megasabin posted:

That's the RPG aspect. You now deal damage that pops up as numbers above the enemies heads. If you fight people above your level you they have more HP than you can deal, even with straight up assassination execution animations. It's kind of dumb...

Ugh, that's retarded, if you're gonna rip off witcher 3 combat at least do it properly. Just don't let those animations trigger until it's a lethal hit.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh gawd I'm hyped for an AC game again. I told myself I wouldn't do this again :sigh:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
They're gonna have those crimesolver sidequests like Unity & Syndicate right? Cos I am so ready to play Detective Story : Egypt or whatever

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I can't play til after work, but the 2 minutes I saw of the intro was dope, Bayek going full :black101:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I did by accident buying a digital key :downs:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I'm really enjoying it so far, they've finally made an interesting protagaonist again, the freerunning changes are nice, and the combat works far better than I was expecting from watching videos. Egpt and all the tombs and stuff look loving amazing :allears:

Has anyone else noticed how loving janky and retarded the camel looks when its running though? It's like the kept the exact same walking animation but just sped it up a bunch, its retarded.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Not having Shaun is a plus

Holy gently caress yes finally

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Coldforge posted:

Holy gently caress, chariot drifting is fun. Also: there are definitely boats you can get to sail on the Nile, for whoever was asking about it, it's not just "hop on someone's boat for a ride." I've found a reed poling boat and a single mast wood boat so far.

I think they meant you don't own a boat like Black Flag/Rogue, you're just :airquote: borrowing

e] I complained before about the camel animations(lol) being really lovely and stilted. Apparently it was some weird fuckin bug, cos I just went to a new area and now they seem fine :iiam:

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 28, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Sir I need this vehicle for Official Medjay Business *flashes hieroglyph badge*

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Aquasnake posted:

Yeah, this. It's pretty repetitive, whether or not you can actually parry an attack is random, by the time they light up it's too late to dodge, and every weapon only seems to have one kill animation, which gets old pretty fast.

I can get why people mightn't like the combat, but you are just flat-out making poo poo up.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Wrt to the stuff about the 2 layers of drm, does that mean that the game should actually run better as a cracked copy? No to stray into :filez: territory...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Are you talking about The Spear of Serapis? Cos I lolled when that quest gave me a rare spear after the guy hyped how very legendary it was :downs:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

precision posted:

No, but there apparently are Cursed weapons, I haven't found a single one yet. They triple your damage but cut your HP to 1/3.

I got one, its an Imitation Siwan Khopesh

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I love the Persian Guard (green one) outfit for sneaking, cos it's ninja as gently caress

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Calaveron posted:

Hey I just noticed
Shaun and Rebecca aren't in this game at all
GOTY

Word, I really do miss the database in this cos I find the setting so much more interesting than Unity or Syndicate, but it's definitely worth it to get rid of Shaun. Plus discovery mode looks like its gonna be sick anyway.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Nah there's also Persian Prince and Persian Guard, guard is my favourite personally.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
At some point he mentions it's an old Eagle skull :eng101:

Reda's dialogue owns, dude tells me a new story about himself every other day

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

lol that camel owns

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

ShakeZula posted:

There's one phrase I keep hearing that sounds like an old man saying "Wise decision, Geralt," which after how much Witcher 3 I've played always makes me do a double take.

Lmao I swear this is just a ghost that follows me around in-game

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Coldforge posted:

If ya'all know who NK Jemisin is, her next live stream game is AC: Origins. https://go.twitch.tv/nkjemisin

I doubt anyone knows who this is. Is this you?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I'm actually kind of amazed it made it into the game the way it did.

Also holy :lol: the symbol reveal at the end was so retarded

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
The Phylakes range from like, 20? up to 40, depending on their area. I think it's generally whatever the area lvl range is plus a couple.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea they won't even regain their full health when you respawn.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Morter posted:

Neither of these are true (Unless the latter means their location in their patrol was semi-random), or at least were not at all the case for me. I had to fight each Phylax from 100% health.

I know it's true cuz the goddamned Iron Bull owned me like 3 times in quick succession and i kept respawning right on top of him. I decided I wanted to beat him legit from full health so I took off to fight the other Phylax in the area, "The Galatian". I started kicking his rear end and out of nowhere The Motherfucking Iron Bull rode up and murdered me on the spot :argh:

I think the health thing may have been because I was respawning on the exact campsite he was already hanging out at. it was weird and it's definitely the only time I've seen it happen.

I've also killed a Phylax and had the body disappear before I could confirm the kill because other soldiers kept showing up. Obviously i didnt get the reward and I had to go back later and kill him again after he respawned.

So anyway gently caress the Iron Bull, dude's a real jerk.

e]What'd they pach the chariot rewards to? cos $100 was such a joke.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 12, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I'm not sure they ever actually lead anywhere, they just kinda gently caress you around like mirages do. I followed a red scarf flying around the desert and all it did was make me lost :shrug: I don't think they're actually tied to locations are they? I figured they just popped up at random anywhere hot enough.

e] I felt the same about the Heron stuff at Nitria, but that's about the only time in the game I felt like that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I found more Carbon than I could ever use just by exploing around. There's normally a bunch scattered through tombs and caves, just have to look around a bit.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Is there any other way to get the costumes in the store? Pharoah, Scarab etc. I'm kinda tempted to get the mummy one.

Also you can totally light the alarm braziers in camps with flaming arrows. I dunno why you would, but it works.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

isk posted:

Similar experience - I got a Pharaoh outfit from a Heka chest I bought with ingame currency.

Ah sweet, I wasn't sure if it was possible, cos the game very clearly states that heka chests give either a weapon or shield.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Awesome, they actually made the beard/hair thing into a feature :haw:

e]Since when do consoles get patches quicker than pc though? Feels so backwards...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I found myself really not liking Aya much by the end of the game.

It's not really her fault, but she just becomes so completely obsessed with vengeance and the struggle, to the point of taking the new name and just abandoning any attempts at normal life and relationships. In the end she's completely consumed by the whole thing.
Bayek always being a Medjay first and helping people he meets on his journey really feels like it plays a huge part in him retaining his humanity, despite being hell-bent on revenge as well. It's a really cool contrast and I really liked the change of pace in this game, that the story was a very personal one, with the big players (cleopatra, caesar etc) just being background to Bayek's journey. The main story is Bayek interacting with all the small-folk, while the politics and power-plays are just background for him.
I also found the couple of missions at the end playing as Aya really jarring interruptions to Bayek's story and felt like they were pretty unnecessary. Should have been dlc or sidequests or something.

Anyway here's a bunch of my terrible photos :haw:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I thought the devs were pretty clear about TW3 being their main "inspiration", weren't they? Also lol this argument is completely insane

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
gently caress yea finally beat the rear end in a top hat Phylake tag-team of The Galatian & The Iron Bull, those guys were real sonsabitches :argh:

Onwards!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Lmao they're so bad, like the worst TED talks ever recoded or something. I pretty quickly got to the point where it was like "DO WE SEE THE SAME COLOURS??!" teleport the gently caress outta there.

e] I'mtrying to think of a point in any of the games where the precursor stuf was remotely interesting and I'm drawing blanks. Maybe in 2 where pieces of Eden were kind of mysterious artifacts showing up in old paintings and stuff.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 20, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I liked the cool parkour animations from Unity, butt-scootin' off ledges all day :toot: And the halberds were dope too

e] The murder mysteries were a fun touch, but definitely play with the game in French, it's retarded having all british accents. It's like they watched bad UK costume-dramas and decided it was ~classy~ or something.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I'm loving the Black Hood outfit you get from the Phylakes, it's even more ninja than Persian Guard :ninja: Still hoping to get The Mummy from a heka chest though.

e]Looks like that patch dropped for pc too, Just had a 1gig update.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 22, 2017

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
e] re : Aya

I hope they don't since she deliberately erases any semblance of personality she has to become Amunet. She was good as a contrast to Bayek but as a protagonist she'd be miserable.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
If only so he can take that precious skin for himself :haw:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

exploded mummy posted:

The prior 2 games didn't have any out of animus segments.

Unity just has the chick show up on your screen and tell you some poo poo like "Oh hey you wanna join our assassin clan? cool you're assassin now", what does Syndicate do, I can't even remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Brohood will always be my favourite, I found Syndicate pretty boring, and the combat animations were just super convoluted and dumb.