Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Mameluke posted:

my dreams of a Triple Alliance Mesoamerica or Gwangju Uprising Korea game will never come to be :sad:

Taipeng Rebellion China, but that can't happen until they switch back to a gunpowder-era engine.

Legion, though? They should complete the cycle of three syllable starts with 'O' names, at least go Omega.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
There was an old rumor about them wanting to ditch the tight geographical (and maybe temporal) focus in the next gen. Either an all out timejumping huge multi-assassin plot, or maybe a mid 1800s assassin that goes everywhere on Earth eventually. (Think Flashman, including the ones that were never written...)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I think China would be incredibly dope for an AC setting. There's lots of crazy interesting history you could cover, it's huge so you wouldn't have any shortage of material to build environments out of, lots of opportunities for gorgeous vistas and naturescapes.

Taiping Rebellion AC.

Honestly,I wouldn't be surprised if the next AC after Valhalla, the first next gen only one doesn't just announce itself in the reveal with "oh, and the world map for this one?" And pull back to a complete globe. Assassin's Creed: Earth. And 1850-1870ish would be really good choice; big history happening literally everywhere then, split the main focus between the USCW and Taiping but have things going on everywhere...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

The 19th century would be perfect for an infinite AC. Just steal heavily from the Flashman books, including the one-off references to bits of his history that didn't go in the books.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I really think Ubisoft is leaving money on the table by not turning AC2-4 multi-player into a real FTP game on current generation systems.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I want Eivor's tragic third act, not Basim's and absolutely not Odin's. Get me to that lonely grave in Maine, darn it.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

The right decision is to kick the axe, then lie about it to everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

It's long past time for a new game in Ubisoft's best franchise (Trials).