Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Everything I've seen so far sounds very dour and earnest; I prefer my rear end Creed silly and camp.

(I'll still preorder it because the flesh is weak)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

In some ways Liberation was better than 3. The persona system was excellent in concept if not necessarily in execution.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The long-awaited Eyes Wide Shut videogame adaptation.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm the legionnary with a fur coat in Egypt.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

No, can't remember, there were never that many bugs unless you played with outdated gpu drivers, the co-op missions are playable solo once you git gud (with one exception, the general Dumas one).

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

basic hitler posted:

I wish they would cut the poo poo with this series and make another game like Black Flag. This looks cool, but I want black flag but more & better dammit.

Have you checked out Skull and Bones?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

While trying to get hyped for this I went back and 100%ed rear end Creed Chronicles Russia. It's actually fairly solid and addresses the weaknesses of China with a better plot, more variety in the missions, better controls, sweet camera tricks etc. The Chronicles series has been continually improving and I'd be down for more. Too bad China gave a lackluster first impression to many.

Check it out! Or don't.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hmm. ill have to try it sometime. how was india.

India is closer to Russia than China gameplay-wise and has some good characters but the overall plot makes no sense (and if you care about that sort of things it kind of contradicts the comics it's supposed to tie in with). And the art direction is not as interesting as the other two.

Another thing I like with Russia is that it's resolutely modern in theme and appearance, there's guns everywhere, electricity, trains, trucks... Some cross-pollination with Syndicate I suppose but it goes even farther.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

So my new favourite detail about Syndicate is there's a sailship parked parked right between two bridges that are both lower than its main masts. For when you really need to sail 100 meters in one direction.

("Actually I have a PhD in boats and the masts can pulled d..." OK but then why not keep them down? Videogames)

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Preload's available on uplay.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

There's also a ton of transmedia about the modern day, if you're into that. It's... mostly bad.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm JWRK.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Second crash in 15 fifteen minutes, I think that's it for now.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pompey was killed on Ptolemy's orders and ingame you fight against Ptolemy so.

Of couse they can always go back to the cpnspiracy well.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

black.lion posted:

So if I liked original AC, Ezio AC, and Pirate AC, but hated all the other ACs.... will I like this?!?!?!?!?!

It sounds like you like the ones set before 1750, and dislike the ones set after.

You're in luck, this one is way before.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It will be in the second dlc though.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I,m a big fan of running around everywhere with a towel on and nothing else. It markedly improves most cutscenes too.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm pissed.

Was checking out the Club Challenges idly and there is a big nasty spoiler in them. Be warned.

As usual in rear end Creed the regular achievements are pretty good at keeping stuff vague when it's about plot points.

Why do they even need several kind of cheevos for anyway

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Speaking of fire I was rescuing some guy from a cage and got overboard with fire arrows so the fire spread all over him and his cage. Oops.

Good thing quest NPC are unkillable so he was fine although black with soot amidst the cinder. His first words upon being delivered was about how much he'd suffered in his cage. Yeah, sorry about that.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kopijeger posted:

There's another quest, in Krokodilopolis, where Bayek is outraged that someone is comitting the blasphemy of slaughtering the "children of Sobek".

He also upbraids a tomb robber lol.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The best costume is John de la Tour's in 3.

Distant second, Brutus's armor.

Coldforge posted:

This isn’t hard; it’s Bayek and his bath towel.

Also this.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Finished the main quest. Wow that was rushed and disconnected. Also no Brutus armor, they missed an obvious nod there. New Bill Miles is hilariously not the same person. I did like the title coming up at the end.

They'd better make the next one in Rome. And bring back the codex, there's really no excuse for that to be missing.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The codex is going to be replaced with Discovery Mode, which will be patched in at a later date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOXAMAcOm1Q

I can't think of a less appropriate replacement. And it won't help with keeping track of characters who aren't the villains.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Macaroni posted:

I loved that quest. Also: "You awful people are looting our glorious country's heritage and disrespecting the gods." [loots every tomb in the Nile delta]
This gives me life.

He rages about a group of Romans killing, like, 3 crocodiles in a pound that's marked as croco lair on your map, and where you have to kill the big croc to 100% the game.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I have duplicate legendary ones lol.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Unity was never that buggy on supported configurations. Syndicate was and is much buggier and jankier but the conditions weren't there for an online storm to form.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah, if you missed a line because some NPC decided to bark over it, or you didn't pay attention, you'll never see it which is a shame.

I guess there's always youtube.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The followinf DLC is going South to Thebes though there's also a more prominent fantasy element so...

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

poptart_fairy posted:

The only issue I had was that my other half really, really, really loves elephants and I think he saw through my excuses.

"oh uh uh uh it's crazy with pain because um bad guys drugged it"

As long as he's fine with killing humans...

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lock him and shoot him with the bow.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The historical tour thing is bad and boring and no substitute for the codex. The only good thing about it is people taking screenshots of Caesar or Khemu in cool positions.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Of course I prefer that. Wikipedia is generally instructive, you can read it on the can or on the tube, you don't need to organize your whole day around it, and it's not nearly as self-important.

More to the point I like my history tangents integrated into the experience.

Old AC: you see something interesting, a prompt appears on the screen, you may ignore it or push a button to have it explained to you. No load time. Then you go back to whatever you're doing.

New AC: you see something interesting, no prompt appears on the screen, you may ignore it or gamble that it's explained in the other videogame and :
. Go to the menu
. Leave for the main menu (load screen)
. Go to museum mode (load screen)
. Search for the relevant course
. Go there (load screen)
. I wonder what's on TV?
. Sit through someone sloooowly reading a much shorter explanation, mispronouncing some of the proper names.
. Sit through two other load screens if some some strange reason you would like to play your game you bought, then you spawn some distance away from where you were.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Remember when Lafayette told Connor he should come visit him in Paris?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

This actually is still a good hint, because they were already working on Unity when they put this in AC3. Return to Rome seems very likely for a next game.

Yes but neither Connor nor Lafayette were in it (even though the latter played a bigger role in the early Revolution than many of the minor characters they dredged out; still baffles me he wasn't in).

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

They did the movie there and then and it was the worst thing ever.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

No the historical portions were bad too. Overlong, underlighted action scenes, a plot that made little sense and had little point. Whatever.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

From the screenshots it looks like we can play as different characters (at least in the open world?).

This is cool.

The rest is heh but this is cool.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

And it's the worst quest ever.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Syndicate is better than Origins. So is Unity. So is 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Deakul posted:

But, the story was probably next to AC3's as the worst in the series... it never made any drat sense how the gently caress Jacob even got accepted into the brotherhood, the dude should have been a villain.

It's not a contradiction, many assassins are villains in the lore. I wish more were in the games.

Jacob was great because he's an open-world game protagonist and his personality aligns with the gameplay open-world games encourage and reward. He's the type of guy who'd just pilfer everything that's not nailed down, break a thousand streetlights for a cheevo and put off saving the world to go check out that cool thing.

In we have a scowling dullard who's like "oh no, grave robbers", then robs graves, "oh no, Romans are killing the crocos", then stabs every last one of them from Alexandria to the source of the Nile all to make one glove with their skin, etc.