Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Seriously why do people like this grindy bullshit in games? Progression doesn't mean anything when its just letting you do enough damage to not have to spend 10 minutes chipping down an enemies enormous health bar.

its mostly mechanics made to inflate gameplay hours so they can put that as a bulletpoint. been seeing it pop up mostly in all these huge open world games as if they don't usually have enough tedium to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

this game better be full of asterix references or im gonna riot

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

khy posted:

Also, I hear really great things about the murder mysteries. I've done the two that are on the little central island and they're fun enough. The thing is, despite going up in synchronizing it all the drat Towers I can't find any more of the Mysteries. Do you have to unlock them through the story or something?

it's been a while since i've played but from what i remember, yeah, a lot of the missions in areas are locked until uve done enough of the story to have done main mission poo poo in the district.