Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Haven't played an Asscreed game since Black flag since none of them have really appealed to me but this looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Megasabin posted:

I've been waiting a while for the Story/Cinematic trailer. It delivered. If anyone cares here is what the game's story seems to be based on, at least going by my attempt to match the trailer with history:

After their father died, Cleopatra and her brother Ptolmey were supposed to jointly rule Egypt. Ptolmey was only 10 years old though, and thus required a counsel to help him rule, which included a eunuch named Pothinus who was eager to gain power. He saw potential to do so through The Gabiniani, who were 2 old Roman legions called permanently stationed in Egypt from a previous war in Egypt. The opportunity came when the Gabinani were approached by two Syrian princes asking for military aid for their father in a Syrian war. The Gabiniani did not want to leave their comfy spot in Egypt, so they simply killed the princes. Cleopatra had the perpetrators executed, which lead to her earning the hatred of both legions. Ponthius seized this opportunity and made them allies, eventually using their military power to force Cleopatra out of Alexandria into exile, and give Ptolmey sole rule.

When the civil war later broke out in Rome, the Roman general who originally lead the Gabiniani declared for Pompey. Ceaser thus took the exiled Cleopatra's side, and when he won had her installed as sole ruler, destroyed the Gabiniani, and had Ponthius executed.

In the trailer the dudes with the green masks are definitely Ptolmey's advisers. Right after you see Cleopatra and Ceaser in the middle of the trailer, you can actually see two of the green masked men lead Ptolmey out to greet a cheering crowd of Egyptians. The one that is assassinated in the trailer is guarded by Roman soldiers, who are likely the Gabiniani. It seems like they will be the templars in the game, and the main bad guy will likely be Ponthius. Not sure how Ceaser will fit into this, because I thought AC: Brotherhood showed him to also be a templar. Perhaps the whole Roman Civil War will be a Templar Civil war.

The building of the pyramids timeskip and having those green mask dudes in every scene also implies that they have controlled Egypt for a long time.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Probably not. Wrong side of the Empire, and not the same time frame as his Gallic conquests. (He met Cleopatra about 2 years after the end of the Gallic Wars, if I remember correctly.) Maybe as slaves, or something?

Would be cool to met some Galatians who were Celts who migrated to Asia Minor and then were used as mercenaries all over the east.