Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Xander77 posted:

So, everyone had a decade added to their physical appearance?

Caesar should be in his early 50's, not his late 60's. Ptolmey should be like 11.

templar coverup/glitch in the aminus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

But if you're looking for movies, Elizabeth Taylor's Cleopatra is interesting for the spectacle if nothing else. If you have more time, HBO's Rome series eventually makes it to Egypt too.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Is there no database in this one? Not having Shaun is a plus, but I'd like some background on the temples I'm climbing

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Grem posted:

Bayak is the stupidest assassin yet, and that's saying a lot.

His finger amputation :allears:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Is there any trick to the chariot races? I'm not doing very well

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

There's trireme combat in this game, and it's pretty fun

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Morter posted:

Okay I get that this is the role of a Medjay but why are we seemingly fighting/slaughtering "soldiers" without any repercussion? I only just got the hidden blade--so no spoilers/let me know if I'll find out soon enough but if I'm supposed to be in a position of authority, I don't understand who is full aggro on me from square one, exactly.

They're the thugs of the false Pharoah, totally fair game

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

OoohU posted:

I've got a legendary ptolomid shield that poisons on block from the randomized loot boxes you can buy from the wandering camel kids.

It's hilariously strong and ends up chain poisoning entire groups of dudes.

I got a legendary poison sickle sword, it just chews through anything and everything

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Alright so what the gently caress is up with these Phylaks

I swear I’m gonna kill every single purely out of spite

Kill them all anyway, you get a new outfit

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

bear is driving! posted:

To all the "waaah my hidden blade doesn't insta-kill" goons: Upgrade it.

My hidden blade is at level 4 or 5 and insta-kills every enemy, even those a few levels above me.

I feel like a lot of people are overlooking how much upgrading your gear goes to making you a desert phantom murder god.

Yeah, upgrading should be priority number one. Beelining the buy materials skill and cleaning out every shop you cross really helps too.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Dongattack posted:

Do you guys upgrade your gear? It's absurdly loving expensive. They want loving 3400+ desert coins to upgrade my legendary shield from 12 to 15 D:

Any tips for winning chariot races?

Only upgrade the best legendaries, and only at 15-20 level intervals

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Be sure to hit the Sync towers. They aren't as important now, but I think they'll still reveal local side missions and ? marks on the map.

They also improve Senu, help speed up scouting.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

I was just one level below that and he still almost steam rolled me. Those guys dont gently caress around

Just have the two lvl 40s left

Really looking forward to it

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Coldforge posted:

One of them was much harder for me than the other; Iron Bull was such a pain, I loaded his corpse onto the back of my horse and paraded it through several towns. The other one, Galatian, was just a pushover.

The reward outfit is pretty nice, enjoy!

Shanked Bull while he was out in the desert, poison and arrows did the rest.

The outfit is nice. Now I guess I better finish the story

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Fart City posted:

I'd legit be down with an Ezio-like Bayek trilogy. This is that good of a reset for the franchise. Plus it takes place in a very rich period of global history.

I just met this game's Esio. He's great :3

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Is it me, or are all the precursor sites you can find really, really disappointing? The Sith armor is nice, but all you get from the machines are Philosophy 101 lectures, and I really wanted some Ancient Aliens.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I feel so hypocritical doing the ecoterrorist lady's quests. Protecting crocodiles from hunters when I'm going to go back and kill them for their sweet sweet hard leather when we're done

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

Also does the Isu Armor actually do anything except look tacky?

It gives you a Darth Vader voice modulator

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

blue squares posted:

I got to one and it started with the do we all see the same colors? thing. I immediately left lol

They're all like that. Like, where's the real Ancient Aliens poo poo

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

considering the dlc is set after the game maybe there'll be a payoff to that stuff in it. we could meet marc antony, thatd be cool

They're probably doing a whole rise of Rome trilogy. But reconciling that with Augustus's total victory would be a challenge.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Light bow is the best thing for fighting Anubis, along with heal-on-kill/hit stuff for the minions. You can just keep hammering him, no worries.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

Are photos stored somewhere other than the map? I want to share them without that dumb minimize HUD-button in the corner.

Modern day protag's computer might have them, I think.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

precision posted:

Yeah that's what I was wearing for a good long while, but I turn off the hood because Bayek is a good lookin' fella

Not having to wear the dumb hood in an Assassin's Creed is so appreciated

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Is there a good way of taking out the war elephants? They're pretty much the only thing I have left, but they're just obnoxious mountains of hp.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Kin posted:

Is there a better sword than the viper? I've been sticking with it since I got it because of the double poison and when I use it with the legendary shield that inflicts poison on block there's just clouds of the stuff everywhere.

I was the same with the Viper, until I got Mustafa's Blade.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

If you're looking for carbon, there's one in every two or three spear camp, usually in the commander's quarters.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

New god trial dropped, and it was pretty much the same as the first one. I guess the outfit will be worth it though

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Morter posted:

Someone mind posting stats on the Sobek reward?

It's a scepter with Health on Critical, max combo multiplier, and an increased critical rate.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

You should use a chariot. At least when you crash those, you can still use the horses afterward

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

I chose to show mercy based on whatever they did in their intro cutscene. kill a spectator for no reason? you gotta go.

Same. Also, if you're literally called 'The Slaver'

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Earwicker posted:

on the other hand there was a lot of stuff in the earlier games that was extremely annoying, and its very good that its gone. that weird sort of tower defense game glommed on to revelations, those lovely quicktime events in AC3 when getting attacked by animals, the minimap, the weird little animus glitches and "sea chantys" or whatever that you are supposed to chase around the map, etc. The lack of all this crap is a big part of the appeal of Origins imo.

Uh, those sea shanties were the best rewards in the series :colbert:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Phobeste posted:

These elephants are pretty unfun to the point where I stopped playing, boy howdy. I have lvl 40 legendaries and switch between the health gain bows and still just gently caress up once and get rekt. I guess I’ll call it a fun 90% completion

Just put the game on easy, it becomes way less tedious

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Chariot races suck so much rear end. I'm getting back into this game for the DLC, and all I need for the platinum is to win that first racing tournament, and to get the bug hallucination, and I'm not having any luck with either.

Any tips?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

Ok this video says just run/ride around the desert around high noon and you'll get them reandomly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYCM7hkjxBk

So location wouldn't really matter.

Ok, that should stop me from wasting time then. Running around the desert at night really wasn't working

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hidden Ones is pretty fun, especially when you get the instant-charge axe. It's more map, more quests, which is all I really wanted, but I do miss the feeling of being a Medjay over being a capital-a Assassin.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Morter posted:

If I really loved Bayek, does the new content justify 40 bucks (season pass)?

Bulk of the season pass is just costumes and weapons. If you only want the story stuff, the first one is out and it's only 10, and I thought that was pretty good for what you get.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Lobok posted:

I know I can light arrows on fire but I had just gotten so spoiled and lazy from having a bow that had arrows on fire by default I totally forgot. Oh well.

I just used the fire sniper bow for the whole game. My favorite thing is being able to light up felluccas with archers on them

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Lobok posted:

I don't ever get fun stuff like this. I'm trying to get the trophy for killng 30 enemies with oil jars and I probably started way too late in the game because guards do not reliably die from fire damage so I have to set up each guard with perfect positioning, sleep darts, and at least a couple jars.

There's a fort in Alexandria to the northwest, it's full of red jars and low level guards. It's right on the coast, I think.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Atarask posted:

Also fighting King Tut in the afterlife is peak AssCred. Up there with punching Rodrigo Borgia under the Sistine Chapel.

The Dark Souls makeover of the pharaohs was definitely a highlight with this DLC, even if their health pools were a bit excessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Karma Tornado posted:

There's an area in Rameses' afterlife where a ton of shards of a star are getting mined out of a meteor crater.

There are star shard craters in all of the afterlives, actually. Akhenaten’s is underwater though