Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
This one will have the most RPG elements, which I love, and it's also coming out on my birthday. :toot:

I've been replaying the Asscreeds in preparation for/anticipation of Origins. Just finished Unity. The post-release patches really help it shine, even if the parkour is buggy as gently caress at times. It's very pretty and fun.

I played but never finished Syndicate when it came out so I'm looking forward to tackling that, too once i'm done with Prey.The one I'm not sure about is Liberation HD, which I dropped two hours in when it came out. It just didn't grab me at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
But is the giant snake a templar? :thunk:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Doc Morbid posted:

I picked up the Ezio Collection a while back, and just started Brotherhood. You know, I never thought I would say this, but I kinda miss Desmond. Yeah, he's a huge dork with the most generic design ever, but the stuff with him and Lucy in Brotherhood is pretty fun especially compared to what passes for the modern day storyline in the later games. I know a lot of people would rather have no modern day stuff at all, but I liked seeing Desmond develop from some scrub bartender to a full-fledged assassin.

I love Desmond because of ACII's ending. Fighting Abstergo with Desmond was one of those defining gaming moments™ for me.

I do think they're planning something with him since he, Clay and Juno are all supposed to be trapped in virtual reality together or some poo poo.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Xander77 posted:

This video actually made me kind of sad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXR70z7aRjM

Because they're not going to change any of that poo poo. That's the formula, and the formula sticks around, not matter how tiresome it got.

I mostly agree with the vid, but I don't think tailing missions, if they're back, will be problem since now you've got an actual bird (with unlimited flight distance, no less) for your Eagle Vision.

Now eavesdropping missions, on the other hand...

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I never got why people are so critical of historical accuracy in a series with magical alien precursors and legendary ancient artifacts of power. Alternate universes should be allowed to be different.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

WaltherFeng posted:

What are the chances for a No HUD No Quest Marker option? Do AC games usually have these?

I feel like this would benefit from this. Instead of obsessively doing everything you just kinda wing it

You could turn the HUD off in Unity and Syndicate, and the majority of Ubisoft's recent games, so that'll probably make it in.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I'm well into my second/first full Syndicate walkthrough. A couple thoughts:

1. I'm midway into sequence 6 and have two and a half boroughs left to conquer, but I'm already level 10, I have perfect equipment, and I own nearly every gang and tool upgrade. I think the same thing happened in my first playthrough, which is why I ended up quitting - so I guess I hope progression will be a bit slower in Origins, or that at least that there will be more places to go progression-wise. Loot will probably help with that a lot.

2. The way the dual player characters are implemented irks me. Storywise, Jacob is the rash bruiser, and Evie is the sneaky assassin, and their exclusive endgame skills reflect that. Problem is, I personally prefer sneaking, so on Jacob's missions I'm doing the same thing as with Evie, except I'm stuck with a shittier skillset. (like, I don't even know what a countershot is?) On top of that, judging by the full-sync criteria on Jacob's missions, it seems like the game wants me to play Jacob sneakily as well, so what's the point of giving them exclusive skills in the first place? Overall, I'm looking forward to not having to deal with this anymore.

3. Things from Syndicate that I hope will make it into Origins:
  • The "autoloot on assassination" skill. Maybe with another "autoloot on any kill" offshoot.
  • I'd love it if the rope launcher appeared in some form, maybe as a simple grappling hook. It makes climbing and air assassinations so much better. It's probably not happening though, otherwise they'd have already shown it off.
  • The little free-roam World War I rift with Lydia was a really nice change of pace. It'd be nice to have something similar in Origins, maybe from WW2, or even the Human-Precursor war.

I'm definitely not quitting this time, but I'm drawing it out as long as I can to temper my hype for Origins.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Good! :toot:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
:iiam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGD_GKXeyYk

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
At least it promises more gameplay for tomorrow. :toot:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Bit of a stretch calling that a gameplay trailer.

Looks nice though. That narrator lady was really into it. :3:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Kuiperdolin posted:

I'm the legionnary with a fur coat in Egypt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1tN9jZI80

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esqtNWgG9UM

oh my god :allears:

There's also a bunch of previews up. Here's one from PCGamer. And one in video form from GamesRadar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww80sIPMcWM

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

I'm reaching peak colon allears colon here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Lollerich posted:

I mean who the gently caress buys this on uplay instead of steam. I'd really like to know the numbers - I bet It'll be like five people and they are all ubisoft employees, because wtf would do that.

You can get a 20% discount on Uplay, and digital retailers tend to sell Uplay keys. Besides, all Steam does is launch the game via Uplay anyway, so you don't really get anything besides the game's name in your list if you buy it from Steam.