Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if we really do get a rift where Shay and Arno throw down in Egypt, I wonder if we'd see a cameo appearance by Connor. would be cool to get a nice little bow on the Americas games

I'm kind of excited for this game, the year off actually did have me thinking about the next installment and slowly getting excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is there a solid source of money that you get? something like every other AC has had until now?

this game is really pretty too, it's nuts

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

fun fact: if you're by a source of fire and you're shooting arrows, the arrows catch fire!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Alright so what the gently caress is up with these Phylaks

I swear I’m gonna kill every single purely out of spite

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I got rushed by a level 20 one after I killed Gennadios and he keeps roaming Alexandria like I’m just trying to explore and help my hot Egyptian wife

But seriously Alexandria is so cool, I wonder if Giza and Memphis have the same level of detail to them

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dunno if I should leave this in tags but I will just to err on the side of caution: Layla finding Aya's DNA is pretty drat cool, I wonder if there will be more moments where Layla gets more Assassin-like

oh my god, Bayek getting tangled up in chariot racing has the best set up :allears:

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 1, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm playing on Xbox, how do I get access to my photos? I have some cool ones I want to put in the thread

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yeah seriously, what are your best tips for money? I've been selling all the unnecessary stuff but I have yet to get into dismantling weapons that I don't need

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Scepters totally own

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Something cool! I was doing a quest for Reda and there was a note on the ground about some troops taking a busted ship and some cargo. It said they were to transport it to a creek behind some big rocks to the west. I went there, and those troops were there! And there was solid loot!

Cool and good game.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I... actually feel kind of bad about killing the Scarab :smith:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’ve killed The Outsider and Ptolemy’s Fist, just eight more of these bastards to go

The legendary loot you get from Phylakes kicks major rear end; I’ve had a lot more fun being Ancient Egypt cop than following the main story. I was level 21 when I finished the hunt for the Scarab

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Scarab: the thing Bayek says to the mother about not letting the cycle of vengeance perpetuate was impactful, as well as his apology to Khemu as he walks away was a really good scene

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

A cool side quest: You can visit the site of Bayek’s first kill and get a reflection on what happened, that’s pretty cool. There’s even the town where Bayek goes to get patched up and the Heron’s wife runs by and kicks you in the nuts. Consequences for your actions!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that's the official name for the First Civilization, it's very dumb

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Golden Wolf and the flaming predator bow are my favorite weapons so far

I like how sometimes you can see the blade actually glow in the sun

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

a game set in the era of revolution in South America would be metal as gently caress

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just started the Crocodile quest line, and boy this is the one that has got me hot

Shadya :cry:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’ve claimed five Phylake scalps so far, I’m getting closer to the level cap so they’ll all be gone shortly

Oh and I finished the target list but who cares about that

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like how after you finish off the second set of targets you get thrown back to the real world where you have to stealth around otherwise you get instakilled

I don't actually like this

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ambush at Sea was a fun mission, it’s cute that the only part of the story that Bayek believes is Aya kicking everyone’s rear end :3:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I don't know if this is the exact video but it's all of Evie's quad kill animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5TWkyPd_k

man I miss those instant kills

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel that Syndicate would have been the perfect game if Evie was all about the gangs and Jacob was into the aliens

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Alchenar posted:

AC4 was a fantastic pirate game, but nothing beats Brotherhood for the 'hunt down an organisation and take it apart person by person' story of actually being an assassin.

the list was so long it took two games to finish!

seriously, Ezio had a great character arc and I hope Bayek gets a good arc beyond the end of this game. I hope there's a descendant to either Bayek or Aya we can play as

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm imagining the Ezio trilogy in this engine and man one can only dream. you'd actually be able to explore fuller versions of each city! traveling across Renaissance Italy would have been amazing

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

let Altair swim!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Pwnstar posted:

For real though in Syndicate how did the modern day person go into the memories of a brother and sister?

I think by the time of Unity, in-universe the genetic memories of people had already become researched enough to be sold as video games as meta-Assassin's Creeds.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I took a break from the game in December because of life things, so I finished the story today. Poor Bayek and Aya, they deserved better but they found a purpose out of the madness. :smith:

The last act felt super rushed though, was I supposed to care at all about Flavius? He was just some guy with Caesar but suddenly he’s the mastermind behind the Order?

The emotional beats stuck the landing for me so I didn’t really mind the above too much

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I would literally kill for AC2 and Brotherhood but with Origins' controls and design. that would be the game of the year for all the remaining years

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 11, 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the new DLC owns, thanks for the free bump to 45! now I can finish the Hidden Ones with impunity

I really hope this game gets a third DLC so we can cap off Aya/Bayek's story, and also the next game gets more time in the cooker. we haven't even heard news of the next game yet either

I want this all to end with Bayek and Aya being two of the three wisemen

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh poo poo, the Rogue remaster drops this week. I might have to get it so I can play it over the summer

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bellec was more interesting than Arno for that whole "what if someone reading into Assassin history became radicalized beyond the point of return", would have fit well with Rogue coming in that same year

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

man this game is gonna be awesome if any of that leak is true

outrunning a volcanic eruption is gonna own so hard

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lollerich posted:

They did that in rear end: Rogue, it wasn't that special.

I dunno, I think Ubi has the benefit of the doubt now after what they’ve done with Origins. Rogue was smack dab in the middle of their annual releases so I feel Lisbon could have been done better, because you’re right it was pretty forgettable

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

What’s the time period for this game? Because our leading man here looks sorta like Bayek

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if that's true, it's gonna be a good time playing as a girl with no BS attached

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

To be fair Ubisoft has always done a great job in their historical research for these games so we might see something really well done. For all the flaws about AC3, the one thing that it got right was how the American Revolution wasn't a divine event or anything

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kassandra looks like the way more interesting character, so I love that they just used gameplay of her to showcase all the new stuff

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yup, Ubi has definitely rebuilt their rep in my eyes

I might splurge on the legendary edition just to get some cool loot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The thing I loved in Black Flag was mercilessly taking random ships so it’s gonna be great that we can straight up break them in half in this game